Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missG, I look forward to reading more feedback once you've tried the other shades! I don't know what shade I am in MAC but I guess I'm around NC30 with light-medium yellow and peach tones. The only thing that bugged me about the Monave sample set is that you can't choose which of the 4 foundation colours you want, you can only choose your tone. But I guess it's still pretty good value with the additional 6 baggie samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm...LittleJade, you might be the same shades as Periwinkle Sky, have you spoken to her or asked her to help you with shades? she's like the "mama-san":shuriken:(that's my idea of a mama-san and the closest smilie I could find) when it comes to Monave and picking shades, if you haven't, I suggest you get off your booty and get on it!! :lol: , I'm sure she can help even if she isn't your exact shade since I'm pretty sure she had to sample to find her shade too. Good luck!! :rotfl:

Hi sunny! I actually read Periwinkle's blog regularly so I pretty much pick her brains there :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's a great blog. I think I am closer to Lilita's shade though as I definitely have more yellow in my skin and less beige. I don't intend to order from Monave so soon as I'm quite broke right now, but when I do I'll definitely come here for advice first. Off-topic, I see you're in Canada. I lived there on the east coast for almost a year when I was little and I loved Canada so much!

Sunny -

I understand perfectly what u mean... :laughing:

When i first tried EDM intensive, i thought i looked real good that it don't matter if i was having a bad hair day (still does..LOL!). And the fact that it was so easy to apply, without being an expert, and still look like you were airbrushed is AWESOME!

Perhaps i did buffed a little too hard using the kabuki, but i'll give the powder brush a try first to see how i like it, besides the kabuki gave me itchies (since it's made of natural bristles) and the powder brush is synthetic. If it works, i need not buy a flat top anymore :add_wegbrech:

How would u compare CF formula with the normal ones?

LittleJade-

will try to update as soon as possible on the colours.. Anyway, i know that Periwinkle did mention that she's NC30 as well, u could probably ask for her advice as well since she's tried various brands and textures. I am more yellow-toned (without makeup) and i never noticed any peach undertones, your colour might differ slightly from me. I saw your pics in the before/after sticky, your tone is more like Lilita's.

I agree on the sample set, not much that u can do, but at least, as they say, u only need a little bit, so u can use the samples for quite some time, and the additional 6 baggie samples are a plus. I try to avoid copying 100% from others, cause the weather here is different, and it's summer all year long. But i really like the texture of Monave:laughing:

No rush because I'm not about to order yet but I do look forward to reading your reviews, especially of how their products hold up in our weather (although recently it's been raining every evening and I love it! :9: ). Glad you like Monave so far, gives me hope! Are the Monave jar samples similar in amount to the ones from EDM? I don't think my recent b/a pictures are really that accurate because the red balance of the camera I borrowed is kinda off but yeah, peach and yellow that's me. I think I'm NC30/NC35. I should visit a MAC counter one of these days and try to figure that out. I'll definitely double or triple check with Periwinkle before I finalize my shades :laughing:

Little Jade, I don't mean to butt in here, but I am lt-med yellow toned Chinese as well and the Hyeyeon CF matches me very well. I am also a MAC NC30. I think Periwinkle wears Teporah, but I am not 100% positive. Also, on the samples you can order whatever color you want in sample jars individually. I did not order the set b/c I could tell right away that 3 of the 4 foundation colors probably wouldn't work for me. But it's till a good deal b/c you get 6 additional baggies for the $10. I have only used the CF formula too, so can't compare it to the original. The CF gives heavy coverage and you only use a tiny bit. Also, don't try it wet or you'll get cakey results. Hope this helps!

ruby, you're not butting in at all - I think I need as much help as I can get! I think Periwinkle does wear Teporah but judging from her pictures, I think it will be too beige for me. I'll definitely consider Hyeyeon. I thought of getting the sample set because they offer an extra 6 baggies which all together is a really good deal. But if I order the foundations as individual samples will I still be eligible for the extra 6? Monave is one of the brands with more expensive international shipping so I'm trying to get the most I can out of my money :laughing: Thanks for the application tips!

Unfortunately Monave doesn't give you the 6 powders for free if you order samples in colors other than the pre-made sets. It's still worth it to do individual samples because Monave has excellent coverage/staying power. Like Ruby said, many won't match in that set of 4.

Oh Hoozey I was afraid of that! Maybe out of the 6 baggies I could choose a couple extra foundations, think they'd allow that?

Hi girls, this is way out of left field but, what are the 6 additional baggies...meaning, what are the samples of...e/s, blush, more foundations? thanks again...

Little Jade-I don't think they'd allow you to choose other foundations in the 6 powders, but it can't hurt to ask. Maybe you should ask over at the Monave Delphi Forum? Oh, and you're welcome on the tips. I have learned tons here and am just passing it on.

Sunny101-the 6 additional powders can be anything-eyes, blush, finishing powder, glows, but I doubt foundations. Maybe if both you and Little Jade asked at their forrum they might consider it. Good luck!

yupp, it's been raining HEAVILY every evening, and that's great if u intend to stay in, but if you're going out :sleepyhead: ...LOL!

The Monave jars are actually slightly bigger than EDM's,but barely noticeable, the only plus is that you can use it longer than EDM (only lil' bit) which is good money spent :laughing:

I used up my EDM samples in 1 month+....and I was already happy with that..

Do try to check with MAC first, at least you have a good idea of what you're searching for, since most ladies here are familiar with MAC colouring..HTH!

ok,ladies...i have finally tested all of the samples!!

this goes especially for u,LittleJade :laughing:

Kerrie: the lightest in the group, I'll probably use it as a highlighter or undereye concealer.

Paula: 2nd lightest for my skin, but definitely has a more peachy tone compared to Kerrie.

Caroline CF: This doesn't exactly match my skin tone, but VERY near, good for my stage performance makeup cause if i use an EXACT match,it will look a bit dull and washed out. (I would mix Caroline:paula 60:40 to get a more radiant glow, cause Paula has that peachy pinkish tone)

Hyeyeon: This suits my skin tone best and EXACTLY!!This is great fornormal,everyday no-makeup-look, my-skin-only-better :rockwoot:

all in all, I really love the texture (creamy and not drying),but i did use too much for my first application, will try and post some pics after i get the application right,no promises though...Monave Rocks!!!

please note, i find it not drying for my combination skin, in humid hot Malaysian weather:cowboy:

Little Jade: yup, ruby2 and Sunny are right, I'm an NC30, but I have more yellow olive tones, so my exact match is Teporah, not Hyeyeon. Hyeyeon makes me a tad too orange-looking.

Sunny - Mama-san?! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am still struggling with regard to shades of other foundations. I really want to stop sampling. Why look less than perfect sampling other brands when I've found some great HGs, right?

MissG- congratulations! Enjoy your Monave! (which reminds me, I'm running out of Angel finishing powder...)

Periwinkle-

this would sound stupid, but am a bit confused:kopfkratz:

I went to check with MAC last week,and i' definitely NC30/NW25(but the SA mentioned that NC30 suits me best). Since I didn't order the sample which contained Teporah, I was wondering how come Hyeyeon is my exact match,when u're an NC30 as well?Does that mean NC30 can be worn by few different undertones?I don't know whether my question makes sense:add_wegbrech:

Great review, thanks missG! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hyeyeon seems to be a shade I should consider trying.

ruby2, I'll try asking on delphi, thanks!

Sunny - I think that is because I'm a mix of yellow and yellow-olive (undertones). Teporah is more on the olive spectrum, so I can wear it. NC means Neutral-cool (I don't know how I became neutral cool) but accdg to this MAC cosmetics page, NC is a match for Golden-Beige skin, so I can wear NC30 since I have Golden-Beige-y undertones. I'm sort of a hybrid of golden and olive, so I can wear NC and Teporah as well.

Little Jade, good luck, you should get some answers at their delphi forum, but I would definitely sample it just for the heck of it!

Hey there MAMA-SAN :zahn: , thanks for all the info...I'm pretty sure it was MissG that was asking though...:add_wegbrech: Hehe, I'm just busting your hump... :rotfl: BTW, you are the Mama-san of Monave...so don't go denying it or anything, lol. :laughing:

Back