Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten a lot of uses out of my samples.I read periwinklesky's blog and she has the application down to an art.I used my Ashlie sample today,(not the concealer foundation) and I think it may be better for me colorwise,it seems to not be as pink as the CF.

Lilita -

i think EDM's intensive is pretty good, the most minimum coverage that i would go (as i have scars that i need to conceal), but since everyone was saying how good Monave is (the coverage and staying power) i decided to order from Monave since i've finished all of my EDM...tough luck!

well, seems like Milan Minerals has got great reviews as well...might go with that..but i'll wait for the color chart..thanks for the great info, Lilita!

p/s: the shipping asst,Noel, said that Deb asked me to use Standard Airmail the next time i order (hemmphh..if i'd order again..at this point, NOT!!) , cause sometimes US Customs just throw away small packages..does this mean i have to pay more for them to send another sample to me??yet i have paid for the first one (which hasn't arrived)..am i being duped in some way here??

Periwinkle@ms Aileen-

thanks for the thoughts..

Hoozey,

that's great!very detailed explanation..u should do a blog on Mineral makeup especially Lumiere.. :laughing: i mean seriously!

i'll check out the FF..hope there's a colour for me there...thanks again, u're awesome!!

Miss G-

It's only out of necessity that I've becomes such a Lumiere expert. I was so excited when I found L-M G that I just ordered the M-G thinking it'd be my summer color. Then when I was starting to need a little more color it became abundantly clear that I had been rash. It's a learning curve. I hope if you do order from Lumiere that it is quick. Sometimes they take a little longer.

I saw your b/a sticky!!u look great in Luminessence..but honestly, for a night out (evening functions) Lumiere's VV and FF look equally good:laughing:

No wonder Lumiere is your HG...it looks as if they were made for you..LOL!seriously gorgeous, Hoozey..what more can i say?

btw, Noel is resending the package using Standard Airmail this time, without additional charges, bless her!am getting that old anxious, giddy feeling again:rotfl:

Thanks. I do love Lumiere because the color is such a great match and I love the prices too. I like FF better because it blurs my flaws more but I love the tan look that Luminesse (in the same L-M Golden I usually wear).

SOOOO happy that they are resending your Monave free of charge!!! They should be sending extra just for the long wait you had to endure. Love the new photo in the Avi. You are so cute!!!!

guess i loved the tan look (Luminessence) cause Malaysians are usually tanned!LOL!FF or the rest, u still look radiant...anyway, received email notification saying they shipped out the package on 4th April... :rotfl:

definitely the best customer service evah!eventhough i only ordered samples, but guess they took into consideration the fact that i paid more for it to be sent to this part of the world...am sooo happy, bet i'll be ecstatic when the package finally arrive!can't praise them enough, Noel is an absolute darling!!

thanks for the compliments on the photo....u're so sweet, and knowing that u're married and still have a flawless complexion makes me envy you....:rockwoot:

Peri, I think I remember a thread in which you mentioned that Monave makes a shade of blush that is identical to the Nars Orgasm, do you happen to know what it is? I just thought since you are so familiar with Monave that you might know. :rotfl:

Hope you get the Monave quickly now that it's shipped! You have had to wait LONG ENOUGH! :scared: BTW- I don't have flawless skin but thanks to MMU I can pretend I do. :laughing: I started my daughter on MMU- she doesn't wear much but I figure I wanted her to have the good stuff right away.

Hi Sunny, I think you meant Valerie Beauty, not Monave. Valerie has a dupe of Orgasm, it's her O My! blush which is part of the Pin Up Girl Collection. I just checked their site though and I guess it's out-of-stock. She got flooded by orders after the PUG collection was launched.

I have emailed customer service twice with this question and they haven't responded. I'm a cross between Caroline and Paula. How do you modify the order like that? I think I'll just go ahead and order the stuff if it's been done before.

that must be it Peri! thank you but too bad it's out of stock...it must be really good. how do you feel about the Monave blushes? I thought the Buff Aprictot or Adobe Sunset looked kinda nice, do you happen to know if they are matte or glowier? :glasses:

Sunny, I've only tried Star Lilly and it's a dupe of the much-coveted MAC mineralize skinfinish in Petticoat; it's truly gorgeous. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It has a little shimmer but not overpowering at all.

aaaawwww!!your daughter would be thankful to u, i'm sure..how old is she anyway?at least her first makeup would be MMU, so it won't affect her skin like traditional makeup does :hehe:

how i wish MMU was there when i was in my teens..sigh..

My daughter is going to be 14 in Aug. I agree with you 100%- wish I knew about MMU at her age, heck, I wish I knew about it when I was 20. :rotfl:

bet her friends will be jealous she's got u as her mother..LOL!anyway, at least it's not too late for us..besides, it's not solely BE anymore, so u get to play around with loads of textures from different brands..if not for that, u'd never have found your Lumiere:add_wegbrech:

Agree with you again, Miss G!

I am thankful to BE for starting me on my MMU journey even if it wasn't the HG for me. I love that there are so many companies because it does help everyone out rather than cater to one skin type. No cookie cutter types here, everyone is different and it is so worth it when you do find the "one". My daughter isn't alone, a friend's grandma gets them all BE for their Christmas gifts- only foundation. Mine gets mineral e/s (the lighter ones) and glows. She loves it. :satisfied:

:laughing: MMU is definitely addictive!you're never too old to learn anything, and never too old to try it..the best part is MMU doesn't change the way u look, it only enhances the good features u have, while covering imperfections in a non-cakey way...i'm amazed at your collection, really!and the way that u somehow managed to find the perfect match in most of the brands u tried..u should do a blog like Periwinkle, Hoozey!!

I could never do a blog, I am pretty much a computer idiot. And then how would I explain to my family why dinner isn't made. :rotfl: Part of the reason I love MMU is that it's much easier to keep under the radar than say an addiction to shoes or clothing. :laughing:

ooooh, that sounds beautiful Aileen!! I want it now....:tocktock: I think I'm going crazy from all this mmu stuff...I just want it ALL!!! It's never enough, LOL. :rotfl:

Back