Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realmccoy, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was out of town for the week and couldn't get onto MUT! Anyway I hope I'm not too late, but in the notes section when you check out just indicate the other foundation color you want for that deal and you should be fine. If you don't chooose, then they will assume you want the baggie to be the same as the jar.

i FINALLY received my MONAVE samples!thank GOD! :rotfl:

the big problem was i couldn't apply it properly, it went all chalky and messy, since i was in a rush, i had to wash my face and use my compact powder. I buffed it in using my EDM kabuki (which still sheds like crazy)...

can anyone help??was thinking of getting the Red Earth powder brush like Periwinkle, since it's the only one i can get here in the shopping complex...

Hoozey-

I'm ECSTATIC!!!LOL!

Congratulations MissG, and yep, I strongly recommend a powder brush. I don't use a kabuki with Monave because, as I said, the formulation is more dense than most MMU brands, and if you use a heavy hand and a kabuki, it will end up looking very cakey. I prefer using a fluffy one in order to distribute the minerals loosely.

thanks for the recommendation, ms Aileen..will get my hands on the brus as soon as possible..cheers!

Yay! So glad you finally got your Monave. I agreen with Aileen, Monave is tiny bit and you have coverage. She's the queen at applying so get that big fluffy brush and enjoy. It's not like a good brush is ever a waste either. :laughing:

Hello?!?!?!?! This stuff is awesome!!!! Hoozey, Periwinkle, I'm so HYPED, I just can't believe it took me this long to try this Movave!! I used the foundation in Kerrie today and it's a really good match for me, it looked a little light in the jar but once I applied it, it looked great. I don't think my skin has ever looked so good...I just love this stuff. I loved it so much that I had to buy the GLISTEN illuminizer and a couple of more e/s too. I also got that Glow finishing powder from Mineral Basics that I've had my eye on for a while now...hope it's all good too. I wonder if I'll love the Meow just as much, I can't imagine being any happier w/ a foundation at this point. So as it stands today...Monave is my new HG.:rockwoot:

I'm so mad that I had to go through all this sampling to get here...love the MONAVE girls, love it!!

Here's me today wearing the Kerrie, Pure Luxe e/s in regal, EDM concealer in intensive fair as concealer and all over lid, Benefit bad gal mascara, OM blush in rosy snapper, Smashbox gel eyeliner in a black colour (forgot), Smashbox l/g in a nude (forgot that too), BE mineral veil and Lumiere innocence as AOFC.

Glad the Monave is working for you Sunny! It is good stuff. I can't really wear it because of my dry skin but I keep some around for concealing major stuff. Are you doing a little happy dance?

Hoozey, girl, I have been doing the happy dance since I went to the mailbox and got my Monave yesterday...I'm gonna go down and see what the lovely postman brought for me today...will let you know when I get back. :rockwoot:

Sunny, congratulations! I'm glad you're loving Monave, it's one of my HGs as well. Nothing compares to its amazing staying power!

thanks so much...I'm thrilled Periwinkle...just thrilled. Now I'm just waiting for my f/s Meow order to get here..I just love the f/s tubs of stuff and I have a good feeling about the Meow stuff too!!! :rotfl:

Sunny - Aaaw, I'm waiting for my Meow tubs I ordered from the 25% off sale as well! Have you received a shipping confirmation? I haven't yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Periwinkle, yes I did receive shipping confirmation; I got two emails, one stating that they had shipped my order on April 24th but it was weird cuz I got that message on the weekend which was April 21st and then another email stating that they had shipped it out on April 19th...weird. Anyways, I'm just happy that it's been shipped. I really hope that you get yours soon too so we can compare and exchange reviews!! :rotfl:

I got my shipping confirmation too. I think it said that they print the labels 2 days before they actually ship it, so that could be part of the confusion. I cannot wait to get mine either!!!

Hey missG, I was wondering what shades you got from Monave and which are good matches for you? I tried going through this thread but it is pretty massive! I was using EDM too and Light Winged Butter intensive (2006) was perfect but then they purchased new equipment and my HG shade is now too light and too beige for me :scared: I have been eyeing Monave and since your skintone looks similar to mine, I'd love to know which of their shades work for you so I'll know what to choose when I save enough money to place an order :laughing:

The shipping delay sounds really scary though! I've had an order from EDM that never arrived and I've had regular airmail packages that arrived within 10 days - go figure :tocktock:

Miss G-so glad to hear that your Monave package finally arrived! Good luck w/your new brush too and let us know how it goes!

hi LittleJade. Sorry to hear bout your HG.

The ones i got was the Light-Medium yellow samples. I am still sampling since i just bought a powder brush, instead of trying to apply it using EDM's kabuki (which turned out TERRIBLE).

Kerrie somehow turns out much lighter than my skintone, made me look ghastly..LOL!But i really love the texture, and u really need only a little..

still haven't tried the other 3. But according to Periwinkle (ms Aileen), Caroline would be a great match for me. I have Caroline in CF and the other 3 are the normal formulas. Btw, I'm a MAC NC30/NW25.

Don't worry about the orders, i know i made such a fuss over it, cause i'm not staying in the States.

Anyway, u could always email Noel (the shipping asst) for any problem that u have. She did advice me to use Registered Mail the next time, so at least they could keep track of the package:laughing: She's real sweet and helpful, so if anything goes wrong, u can always count on her...

Hoozey and Periwinkle-

I finally got myself a powder brush, but not the Red Earth one (sorry ms Aileen)..

The one i bought was from Body Shop (bit cheaper, but same texture and it's synthetic). I even tried testing it with their loose powder before buying, and it seems good enough. Do i need to use the sweeping motion instead of buffing??

I'm gonna try using it for the first time tonight, will update u guys on the outcome..hope i'll look as good as Sunny!!:rockwoot:

sooooooooo HAPPY that my package finally arrived!woooohoooooo!!

thanks Ruby...glad i could share my feedback now...got really jealous reading all your posts..LOL!

For some reason, the powder brush thing doesn't seem to be working for me with the Monave. It's hard for me to blend it and make it look natural...am I doing something wrong? Is this supposed to be done using the "wet" method?

Periwinkle, I did however notice that I had to buff very lightly, it felt like I was buffing w/ a feather cuz I remembered when you said that you musn't have a heavy hand or use a dense brush. Since the powder brush didn't work for me, I tried it just applying a really light layer and it looked so much better. I'm not sure that I even want my Meow order to arrive now cuz I just can't see myself giving up the Monave.

Miss G, when you find your shade in Monave, trust me, you'll look so good that you won't believe it. I can't pass by a mirror w/out taking a peek and everytime I do, I just think to myself...DAMN, I LOOK GOOD!! lol, my skin, I mean. I've never had that "perfect skin", even when I was a teenager, I always had random breakouts here and there, not too bad but enough to ensure that I couldn't go out w/out wearing some mu. It's always been my dream to have perfect beautiful skin. So now, when I see myself looking so flawless, there just are no words for that feeling.... :rotfl:

And Miss G, I think you look pretty darn good already:rockwoot: , but we all need a little help, right? :laughing:

Periwinkle and Ruby2, did you guys get your Meow orders yet? I thought that since I love the Monave so much now, that I wasn't in a hurry to receive my f/s Meow order, but, NAWWW...who am I kidding? I'm damn sure I'll be pretty thrilled w/ my Frisky Angora too, not to mention the glow powder. lol:rotfl: Counting the days...counting the days....:add_wegbrech: please be sure to let me know what you think of yours!!!! :laughing:

Back