Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss G-

That is so hard-- waiting so long especially when you have to rely on drugstore stuff. We are all thinking about you and hoping you get your Monave SOON!!! Yeah, we need to keep our mouth's shut about waiting a week or so to get our MU!

Sending out hugs to you to get by until you get some Monave!!!

Miss G I hope all ends well on this.I have a new rave for this product....I have been sampling it for awhile and noticed that it ws settling in fine lines,today I applied it differently by sweeping it downward with my heavenly face brush.Major difference! No more settling in lines,and I didnt have to touch it up.I had learned in a class for a direct sales compant that foundation should be applied downward and skin care up and out.Now I just need to decide on a setting powder.I use the Ashlie concealer foundation...does the Angel powder have a tint?

farris2 that is real good advice, always put makeup on downwards so those fine hairs and skin imperfections dont show so much

Hmm, I was planning on trying Monave next, but I hate to have to wait, so I hope it doesn't take forever to get here.

Farris,

The "Petal" setting powder has a cool or pink undertone. I have a sample on order. Or the Seracite I believe has no color to it. If you go to Setting Powders on the website and click on "About the Products" they give you suggestions on which colors to pick.

I agree with you. I haven't heard anybody else say that but they are pricey IMO. The only way I could see getting foundation from them would be to order the additional refill for a total of $35.00.

Yes, it may be more than others, but you use so little of it that it will last a very long time. And I did take advantage of that re-fill baggie special, so it's like getting 2 full sizes for less than $18 each. Not bad when you look at it that way!

I agree Ruby, I just bought a sample of Caroline to use as concealer and I think I could use it for a LONG time. Monave requires such a tiny amount for coverage.

Something must be wrong with the way that I applied it then because I loved Monave but it didn't last that long for me at all. I have to say that the coverage and finish was excellent but I was disappointed with how little I got for the amount that I paid for the samples and that I only got 2 uses out of each jar. It was excellent though. I must be using too much when I apply my makeup. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoozey and Farris, thanks for the encouragement..i'm feeling less excited or anxious now..believe it or not, am starting to not care about the package anymore...i'll wait another 2 weeks, after that am gonna start ordering samples from others (like u said Hoozey, Lumiere is great, so mebbe will check that out)..no matter how much ppl love Monave, this waiting game is NO FUN!!!or mebbe will revert to EDM..

what colour do u use for Lumiere, Hoozey?and what's the diffrence between FF and VV?thanks in advance ..cheers!

Miss G - so sorry about the long wait. I know this happens to me all the time when I post stuff to my family in M'sia. Sometimes the mail takes 3-4 days, sometimes it's weeks!

Lilita how many uses did you get out of your Monave samples? I only got 2 exactly out of each jar. Do you think I am maybe using too much foundation?

it's ok, Lilita..guess i have to be extra careful bout the things i order next time..gladly it's only the samples, but the currency exchange is kinda pricey for samples (as i'm sure u know..)

anyway, hope i'll be able to find something better with great coverage...which ships FASTER!LOL..

I agree it ain't cheap, but since you only use so little (I use half the minerals I would normally use with other brands), it's pretty economical and a whole pot will last you ages.

Ruby-Angel is my favorite setting powder too! I don't use anything else but this! I also use it as a base for my illuminizers if I wear them. It doesn't look chalky and powdery like cornstarch-based finishing powders but looks and feels very creamy.

MissG- I hope you get your Monave goodies soon! Keep us updated.

Hi Cozawa - Hmmm... maybe you are using too much. The CF (is that the one you have?) is very very concentrated so you only need to use a tiny bit. Less than you would normally use. I am guessing I have about 50% of my sample left and I may have used it about 3 times for a full-face. Now I only use it as a spot-concealer.

Miss G - How do you like EDM's coverage? I though the Intensive was pretty good (if only it lasted). If you want good coverage, I am finding that Milan Minerals is great! And they're much more affordable than Monave. If you wait a week or so, there will be a color chart ready and you can pick your samples which by the way, are generous quantities! (Not to diss Monave or anything... it's a great product but I still hesitate to buy full sizes because of the price, so I understand your situation)

Miss G- In winter I use Lumiere FF in Light Medium Golden. It is perfect when I am pale. I am already getting tan and found the Medium Golden more olivey and yellow than my summer color. I've been playing around with shades and feel that a mix of L-M Golden with Med. Warm or Med. Deep warm will be a match. I guess if I only wanted to order two colors I'd do L-M golden and then the Med. Deep Warm and I could get year round coverage by mixing them.

VV seems more powdery on my face and doesn't adhere well. Colorwise they are pretty close to the same. Lately a few people have been breaking out from VV for some reason. The FF is supposed to be for drier skin but others with oily skin say it works fine too. For me FF just diffuses my flaws and my pores disappear.

Checkout the B/A sticky Pg. 11 I think where I did Luminesse, VV and FF and did swatches of Lumiere and Lauress. That may help quite a bit to get an idea of colors.

Latest posts

Back