Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amanda please this is the issue when people try to help the friends of a company! It makes you look just as silly! Also placing stuff on my YouTube videos acting as though you are patty is childish! I don't trust you or her? Or if your the same person! But it's truly not looking good! If its not your company you should let patty handle it because sadly the more you talk the more you make her look terrible !

I've never seen earrings in a box that nice for 1.00. 
The box they came in means nothing. I don't know anything about the earrings so I  can't say what they are worth but putting earrings in a red felt box doesn't mean anything. Anyone could put anything in a box. 

Also, the lack of rubber backs don't mean anything either. That depends on the manufacturer. 

Either way the wholesaler of those earrings is questionable. 

one problem is people who didn't even buy seem to have opinions like they were victimized... give me a break.  i do not know the owner of the company but admire her attempt to start a small business in this economy.  i will be happy when my box gets here because i'm realistic about $25 and what it can buy you in the USA.  i sometimes have to spend close to that just on shipping from ebay or etsy sellers.
Yes I didn't get a chance to be one of the first 50 which I'm ecstatic about! I never claimed to be a victim in anyway. I put my two cents in because it's an open forum to do so & since I almost spent my $32 (YES $32 not $25 because its $25 plus $5.99 shipping) on this crap I am going to voice my opinion about it! I would have felt scammed to get this box & I'm helping to spread the reviews good & bad! I have talked with Patty I feel like she is trying to start her business the best she can but what has arrived on people's door steps isn't worth the $32 I was about to pay & I'm glad I got to see before I spent the money & I think others should be aware of it too so they can make an informed decision. I have told Patty to take the bad reviews & learn from them & use them to make her business better. I'm not trying to shut her down or anything. I personally have been trying to help her via messages & tell her that threatening to sue the people who post bad reviews isn't gonna make things better for her & it's only gonna make things worse because you don't sue a customer for a bad review you make you business better with the info you got from that review.

I feel like this is getting way out of hand. It is my own opinion (and right) to trash a box or not, if I paid my hard earned money for it. I feel like the review I posted on page 2 wasn't that bad and maybe not as bad as I truly felt or posted on my own blog. I agree that Amanda's defensive posts for Patty are a little bizarre. I can't find that information on her website or facebook page, so I am not sure if it's coming from Patty or what, because it's written from her perspective.

I think people have a right to speak up if they confirmed some items from the boxes are bad. That is Patty's responsibility to check on them and she should have. The point of these boxes has been to introduce products people would want to continue buying after the sample is gone. How can you purchase a product that is no longer offered? I honestly feel bad for Patty that she didn't check on her products before shipping and that she has to deal with the aftermath of replacing them.

I didn't feel like anyone on this forum wrote anything above and beyond potential clients should know about. Before inviting more VIP's, she should pause and fix the original orders.

Originally Posted by Beautymomma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I didn't get a chance to be one of the first 50 which I'm ecstatic about! I never claimed to be a victim in anyway. I put my two cents in because it's an open forum to do so & since I almost spent my $32 (YES $32 not $25 because its $25 plus $5.99 shipping) on this crap I am going to voice my opinion about it! I would have felt scammed to get this box & I'm helping to spread the reviews good & bad! I have talked with Patty I feel like she is trying to start her business the best she can but what has arrived on people's door steps isn't worth the $32 I was about to pay & I'm glad I got to see before I spent the money & I think others should be aware of it too so they can make an informed decision. I have told Patty to take the bad reviews & learn from them & use them to make her business better. I'm not trying to shut her down or anything. I personally have been trying to help her via messages & tell her that threatening to sue the people who post bad reviews isn't gonna make things better for her & it's only gonna make things worse because you don't sue a customer for a bad review you make you business better with the info you got from that review.
100 percent agree with you.

wow.. i missed the first subscription open slots.

So was just following the thread hoping for good news. 

But..  this is pretty crazy.. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And although this might be evil of me to say this... but it.. is.. so very entertaining...  

I love the drama.... well.. as long as its not my money going down the drain...Damn it.. I'm going to hell... aren't I ? 

I'm just kidding. I'm actually very thankful for the MUT users that took the first plunge so that the rest of us will be better informed.THANK YOU 
g.gif
   Hope red carpet box takes both positive and negative comments and is able to apply it to make themselves a stronger company.Not sure if this 'Patty' person realizes that many people felt her to be a genuine, nice person and it seems like most people do want her to succeed. 

Wow so i just went toher page the box is now 25 plus shipping ? Is this a joke? Oh ya and she loves to delete posts which i have been screen shot by many! Yes even theone you advertise purses in the box!

Finding this thread interesting but not very surprising in terms of what one person can deliver. I'm not sure what people are expecting, but one person can't land the deals that larger companies can. The only way to make any type of profit or break even would be to buy this stuff in bulk (not have it provided) and then send it out. Unlike MyGlam, BirchBox, GlossyBox, and Sample Society.. this is one person curating boxes. She has no leverage with companies to supply samples to her. At most shes reaching 50 people per month, which is insignificant. I didn't subscribe to the box and wasn't tempted hearing about it , specifically because it was run through facebook exclusively, the cost, and because it was one person which isn't enough for these types of boxes. I wouldn't say it's worth waiting another month because the obvious issues with this company are not going to go away in one month. It's still one person, it's still only 25 subscribers, and the price is still not going to get your much for your money. Personally, if I had paid the money ,I wouldn't feel bad for someone sending me expired, warehouse prodcuts. As 'great' of a person as they are, or whatever their intentions may be, it sounds like this person is in over their heads. I wish this woman the best, but Id say to her to get out now and commit her energies towards a viable business model. There are a lot of subscription boxes out there, and building one out of your house without your own original products (handmade things, or something that sets you apart) will just not cut it. For less than $30 (with coupon) this month, Popsugar bags KILLED it and were way above the value plus were useful items. Some people seem happy, but if I received a bag of expired products .. that have been expired for a number of YEARS.... I would be really, really upset. It's unacceptable, mistake or not. That's your health and body and you're trusting someone to send you something for your money that's usable. Just unacceptable.

She has deleted several posts I've noticed & she is now blocking people VERY PROFFESSIONAL she had posted earlier (not sure if it is still there or not but I do have a screen shot of it as well as of other things she has said & deleted) that the earrings DO have plastic parts. I've never paid $80 for earrings that have plastic parts & I can only wear good sterling silver or gold or my ears get infected. Has anyone paid $80 for earrings & they had plastic parts? I'd really like to hear from someone has paid that much for earrings with plastic parts.

i'd guess this is the perfect place for drama....  first time here and that is clear as day.

an $80 tag does not guarantee good sterling silver or gold.  that should be common sense. 

an $80 tag does not guarantee good sterling silver or gold.  that should be common sense.   
I would love to know where I said an $80 price tag meant it was good sterling silver or gold? Do you not read??? I said I have to wear sterling silver or gold so my ears don't get infected, and I asked who has bought $80 earrings that had plastic parts because I never even seen $80 earrings with plastic parts. Also just because she shoved $80 price tags in the boxes (that we all know the earrings didn't even come in) doesn't mean they are worth $80 either! I have come across about 10 people already who have said they are more like cheap dollar store plastic earrings!!!

Originally Posted by wvg88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'd guess this is the perfect place for drama....  first time here and that is clear as day.
Everyone else is discussing their thoughts on this box in a civilized manner...you came in and basically ridiculed people for feeling cheated. 

You're happy with the box, that's great. Why do you need to have an attitude with those who aren't?

Everyone else is discussing their thoughts on this box in a civilized manner...you came in and basically ridiculed people for feeling cheated.  You're happy with the box, that's great. Why do you need to have an attitude with those who aren't?
Probably because it's the owner herself.

Originally Posted by Beautymomma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably because it's the owner herself.
I don't think it's the owner - the owner seems to be a bit more long winded. It's probably someone that know her.

i'm not the owner and i do not know her at all.  i am not ridiculing.... i am pointing out my perspective.... as all of you seem to be doing as well.... except some of you are people who didn't even buy the box to touch the products.  some of you are negative and then ask for one or more of the items....   wow, unbelievable. 

for those that bought the box, i respect your first hand opinions, even if i disagree with the approach being used and drama being created.

what i see is an american woman trying to start a small business.  trying to make it her own and give it a personal touch.  this is lost in our growing society where we shop mainly at huge companies/businesses that will go unnamed.  attacking this woman does not help our society.  there are positive ways to give constructive criticism.

i'm not the owner and i do not know her at all.  i am not ridiculing.... i am pointing out my perspective.... as all of you seem to be doing as well.... except some of you are people who didn't even buy the box to touch the products.  some of you are negative and then ask for one or more of the items....   wow, unbelievable.  for those that bought the box, i respect your first hand opinions, even if i disagree with the approach being used and drama being created. what i see is an american woman trying to start a small business.  trying to make it her own and give it a personal touch.  this is lost in our growing society where we shop mainly at huge companies/businesses that will go unnamed.  attacking this woman does not help our society.  there are positive ways to give constructive criticism.
I don't have to buy a box to see that expired products were put in it as well as very cheaply made earrings & not one person has attacked her actually a few of us wanted to help her & have said that we believe she isn't trying to screw people on purpose. Seriously if I'm going to receive expired products or cheap products that are claimed to be expensive from a one woman business you bet your a** I'd rather go to a well known big company, at least then I know I'm getting my money's worth. This box wasn't even worth $16.00 from what one subscriber said & I have a screen shot of it. You yourself havent gotten a box either so why stick up for it so much? This entire thing sounds so much like box monthly only instead of recycled products it's expired products but still the same in the sense that there have been threats of lawsuits to unhappy bloggers that recieved the box & deleted comments & posts on the fb page as well as blocking people. None of these actions are professional. A professional would first post that some products were expired & to please check what you recieved & let them know if there is an issue, & instead of going forward sending out the next boxes (which are the same products from the same distributors) take a step back & wait to ship while taking care of the first 50 customer issues but instead she puts down people for how they feel about her box & sweeps it all under the rug. That's all bad business right there & sends up tons of red flags. Maybe she should read these things & fix things before moving forward but instead she seems to be all about the money & screw the people that aren't happy which is why she offers no refunds & asked the unhappy people to send products back on their own dime (that came straight from her mouth in my fb inbox) what is unbeliveable is that she wrapped everything up but didn't notice the expiration dates on all the boxes. All I know is I have posted on every social network I have (which is just about every social network out there) raving about this box just to turn around & tell people to check out my blog & see the reviews before buying. People have a right to read the good & bad reviews but the owner deletes any bad reviews so people can't see them that right there is unfair to her customers. They have a right to hear all opinions about the box from people who recieved the box. I didn't get a box so I didn't write a review but I sure did write a post about why I won't sign up for it & included links for people to check out since I first wrote a post raving about it telling everyone to check it out. It seems to me YOU are the only person starting drama here

Frankly, I think the boxes would have been nice if the cosmetics weren't expired. I like most of the sunglasses that were sent out that I've seen (and yes, I told one girl that if she didn't want hers, I would take them. Big deal...). Would love all of the makeup products, were they useable. I've only seen one pair of earrings I liked, but I'd not have complained about receiving the others, assuming the makeup and glasses were useable. Haven't seen a pair yet that appears to be worth anything close to $80, but I'm not too worried about that, honestly.

I was contemplating subscribing, so yes, I was watching for reviews to pop up. I am very forgiving, and had she handled this the right way, I would still consider signing up once the issues were corrected. I have received expired products from Birchbox and a couple of other services, and I never cancelled because of it...because those companies acknowledged the problem and attempted to fix it.

I don't have to have received one of the boxes myself to know that receiving something that expired years ago is a bad thing. No one is attacking this woman, and many of us here love to support small and independent companies. But being an independent company does not mean you shouldn't be held accountable for the products you're sending out. It's not being negative. Would you go to the store and buy a makeup product that expired two years ago?

My last thoughts on the box! Dont be fooled! Your wasting your money! You can buy so many other sub boxes that have real quality to them! If she doesnt like your thoughts on the box she deletes you! If you have expired products she will tell you your ungrateful! And last but not least she has some excuse for everything! So my only advice to people that sub is take screen shots of everything she says to you! She is very delete happy! Good luck to others I am so done with this box! I am not gonna give the american girl a pitty party ! The door was open for her to grow!

Back