Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am out of town until Sunday so I haven't gotten a chance to see what is in my box yet but is it possible for those of us that got expired items to make a Paypal claim? I know they have a part that you can click that says not as advertised, it's obviously not as advertised if the earrings are not $80, there's no purse and the make up is expired. Maybe whoever has the screen shots to show we were promised these things an post them for all of us to use with PayPal.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am out of town until Sunday so I haven't gotten a chance to see what is in my box yet but is it possible for those of us that got expired items to make a Paypal claim? I know they have a part that you can click that says not as advertised, it's obviously not as advertised if the earrings are not $80, there's no purse and the make up is expired.

Maybe whoever has the screen shots to show we were promised these things an post them for all of us to use with PayPal.
Here are the types of things you can file a SNAD claim for on paypal (from their website). I would say that there is definitely a case for the condition being misrepresented on the expired products. 

1. You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  2. The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new†and the item was used.
  3. The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  4. The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  5. You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  6. The item was materially damaged during shipment.

I jave screen shots but have them on my phone! If i can email them for someone to post id be delighted to!

You know, we all really have to quit supporting these out someone's living room boxes. They always turn out like this.The lawyer stuff is garbage. Posting your opinion on her Facebook wall or on a blog is not libelous.

Wish I had known this thread was here sooner.  Anyway - I usually stick to the LBB group (and sometimes Julep).  I feel like I am pulled into this tornado of crazy and all for ordering a subscription box.  I posted some reviews/responses on my Youtube channel which you can get to by the link in my siggy.  

It seems like now that she is mad at Jess she is pressuring me to give her great reviews.  My first one was good because I was happy at first (before I realized I had expired products).  

I even would have gotten past the expired products if she made right by her customers.  I would get it - hey you are new, busy etc, you didn't check every package.  But she is attacking her customers for them receiving dangerous products and that is just not ok. 

I am sad :-(

I am going to get this box!!!!!!!

I love helping american woman !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Red Carpet Box, 

My name is Annie Ha. Please remember me. 

I would like to make sure you check my box 5 times to ensure quality. 

Thank you. 

This crap has Posh Pod written all over it. The only thing it is missing is a pile of counterfeits.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, we all really have to quit supporting these out someone's living room boxes. They always turn out like this.The lawyer stuff is garbage. Posting your opinion on her Facebook wall or on a blog is not libelous.
^ This. Stop supporting people that don't have business practices that are up to par. I realize there are smaller companies but even the smallest can afford some basic business.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This crap has Posh Pod written all over it. The only thing it is missing is a pile of counterfeits.
Can anyone verify the sunglasses yet?

Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone verify the sunglasses yet?
i was suspecting that they probably are authentic, just easy to buy for cheap. betsey johnson recently went bankrupt or something so i've seen a lot of stuff of hers on huge markdowns. i'm not familiar with big buddha but it seems like a brand that has a high markup but usually sells for much less. that's my guess but i could be totally wrong. i think it would be hard to authenticate them without some detail shots of the ones people received and photos of the ones these brands actually make.

My glasses have the following label! Label is the pink label - spellin Betsey Johnson. This is the front side Back side has no price but the following  - Style cfb80020 G02 Frame s peach( PAN # 234c) Temp match frame w/mcry peach PAN # 234c tips Lens208347 BRNGRAD

Originally Posted by wvg88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i like your stuff!  cant wait to get my box.... despite all the drama from a few unhappy people.  i made the choice to purchase... and honestly, i am sure i will be happy because i am realistic about $25.
Slow to see this, but wow. Being a responsible consumer and expecting to receive products that are not expired is not "dramatic." Do not accuse people of being "dramatic" for exercising this right. You claim to not be affiliated with the company, so if this is indeed the case, take a breath and respect the other subscribers. It is one thing to say that you liked your products or discuss them. It is quite another to be rude to someone just because they did not like the same box you did.

I think there is a consensus from everyone who has been around the subscription block a few times that this box on the whole has major issues. These are the kinds of issues that we have seen before and they do not end well. People have the right to take these kinds of things seriously, and there is a difference between being disappointed because you wanted more/better products and being justifiably upset when you receive a box with mismarketed products, expired merchandise, and junk.

Also, if this is her website: http://redcarpetbox.ozline.net/?page_id=18 it manages to be worse than any Facebook-only operation. Nobody cares how many children you have or what their range of ages may be when you are running a business. And I am again astounded by how incredibly poor the design of the site is. At least if you are getting a template, remember to change all of the fields from something like "Design". I can't get over these "business people" who just manage to insult their consumer base.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, if this is her website: http://redcarpetbox.ozline.net/?page_id=18 it manages to be worse than any Facebook-only operation. Nobody cares how many children you have or what their range of ages may be when you are running a business. And I am again astounded by how incredibly poor the design of the site is. At least if you are getting a template, remember to change all of the fields from something like "Design". I can't get over these "business people" who just manage to insult their consumer base.
I completely agree.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My glasses have the following label!

Label is the pink label - spellin Betsey Johnson. This is the front side

Back side has no price but the following  -

Style cfb80020 G02

Frame s peach( PAN # 234c)

Temp match frame w/mcry peach PAN # 234c tips

Lens208347 BRNGRAD
On my glasses I got from little black bag, the item number "BJ6028P 002" is on the glasses themselves. If you put that in google you get results for the glasses. the number you listed from that tag doesn't get any results. Tags are easily faked. Are there any item numbers on the glasses themselves?

My glasses are very thin so they dont even have a logo or her name anywhere on the glasses! The only print i see on the glasses is the made in china marking! Which I do believe Betsey Johnson stuff is made in China? as far as the tag! Its not printed directly on the tag! Its a label sticker that was placed on the back of the tag with that info! So its not a permanant mark to the tag! Just a sticker you can lift off!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My glasses are very thin so they dont even have a logo or her name anywhere on the glasses! The only print i see on the glasses is the made in china marking! Which I do believe Betsey Johnson stuff is made in China? as far as the tag! Its not printed directly on the tag! Its a label sticker that was placed on the back of the tag with that info! So its not a permanant mark to the tag! Just a sticker you can lift off!
At the very least her logo should be printed on the glasses somewhere. 

http://www.zappos.com/betsey-johnson-sunglasses/CKzXARCq2QFaAoMF4gIDAQIL.zso

Logo is on every pair, even thin ones. EVERY item number starts with BJ!

Hey,

Im Mrsmakeuplover4ever on youtube and i was in contact with Patty we meet when The Look bag went all wrong i made a vid talking about the comp getting started. Then a few days ago i got some emails saying the products were exp an not worth it i didnt even know the product was sent out so today i seen some vids up an checked them out. I took the vid down i know i should of waited to make a vid on this Comp. Not because i dont Trust people an that gets me in alot Troble is trusting people cause somthing always gose wrong. Ex: i did a giveaway for look bag an i got screwed and was called a liar/fake by many and called some rude names by the workers there. I should have learned my lesson then about taking chances on companys. I found another Company who started after The Look bag ended and i also meet them threw the look bag mess. I got there First Shipment an posted a vid on my YT they Donate to Charity as well. I donno where i am trying to go with this but i can just speak for product i got an tried an i think i might keep to that.Even know i did get a Look bag an thought i would have no probs. Heres the Pink Package Bag i got an its there first month. I Liked it for myself everyone has there own Likes an dislikes.Sorry for some reason my cam was blurry i fixed it tho :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit: YouTube link and video removed.

No my glasses do not have any type of signature to them at all! The only thing printed in white is made in china!

Latest posts

Back