Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they should say "china CE" not made in china. 

http://www.zappos.com/betsey-johnson-bj6002p-black

if you zoom you can see the item number on the arm (I'm sure that's not the right word lol) and the china ce at the end where it goes behind the ear. My Betsey glasses while thicker than these, have the same markings in the same locations so I would assume all of her glasses would be marked similarly. 

Sooooo... 

edited to add: another pair on zappos says made in china but still has ce after it.

Oh goodness! Thanks to all that have posted their experiences. I was going to sign up but really can't take a risk with possibly expired products. I completely appreciate how hard it must be to start a business, let alone implement a box program when you're starting from scratch and on a smaller scale. I know I would have never expected as much from RCB as I would from companies with both the volume and connections (ex. Glossybox). I wish that the owner of RCB had curated her boxes realistically and carefully, rather than overpromising and underdelivering so spectacularly (and unsafely-- expired products?). I would have subscribed and happily paid $25 for a less "luxe" box if it delivered on individualized, thoughtful, even indie choices. Instead, the box creator promised products she either hadn't received or inspected, and rather than making apologies and amends (if she did get fleeced by wholesalers), turned on her customers instead. Sad really. She repaid her customers' trust and investments in her dream and vision with threats and defensiveness. She should have given her customers the same benefit of the doubt they gave her. We live and learn--hopefully she has too.

Wow so i was looking under a lamp to see anything else the frame is so thin the made in china is in white but tje tilted it under the light and suprise betsey johnson is on the other side but its in the matching pink color very hard to see??? Anyone else have there glasses i think this is a bad pair to see if its a yes or no just due to the thin frame!

I have a pair of bj glasses at home. Hopefully I will get a pair with my box and I will be able to compare. This just keeps getting worse. Buying from eBay is very posh pod.

I was going to sign up but I'm glad I am reading this thread before making a payment. I'll stick with the more established boxes.

First of all THANK YOU for saving my eyes from a stye/pink eye or some other unknown infection!

I realize this is only my second post on here and all you can do is take my word that the pictures of my glasses were exactly how I received them. With that-

It has to be this lot because my Big Buddha glasses are one of the few that did not have neither the UVB/UVA protection sticker nor a Big Buddha item # or label on the arm. I am pretty sure every pair of eye/sun glasses have a sticker or bar code somewhere. When I got mine I was wondering what the heck was up with no sticker on the lens or arm. From the eBay lot pictures you can see that only a few have no sticker or tag. Just to compare my pictures to the eBay ones-

An odd coincidence if you ask me.

This also saddens me, because I was excited with Patty about her box and, I wanted so badly to support a work at home mom.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of bj glasses at home. Hopefully I will get a pair with my box and I will be able to compare. This just keeps getting worse. Buying from eBay is very posh pod.
eek.gif
I read that and started laughing like a teenage idiot. I am way too tired to be reading forums haha.

Not only has she deleted people off of facebook she has blocked people from her email as well! A friend of mine was trying to contact her and has been blocked! Please keep in mind she was writting in concern of expired makeup and the founder of the company has blocked her own customers!

Also for you trying to get your money back it said this box was going to have full sized korres shadows and purses with pictures to prove if anyone wants these please send me a message on here! 

Well last night she sent me a legal threat - which I'm still thinking "WTF" - because of some email supposedly someone posted here. So this has now become another Posh Pod type thread so here's what I've written in the past and will write again.

1. Makeup Talk is NOT responsible for the member's posts. https://www.makeuptalk.com/a/terms-of-service Disclaimers Huddler or MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the sites. Huddler or MakeupTalk.com takes reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information you provide to the sites; however, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. Huddler or MakeupTalk.com assumes no liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user Posting. Huddler or MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the sites or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation in any activities on the sites or downloading materials. We make no warranties the services will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free. You understand that if you download any material, you do so at your sole risk. Under no circumstances shall Huddler or MakeupTalk.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the sites, any content posted on or through the sites, or conduct of any users of the sites, whether online or offline. We cannot guarantee that the Huddler or MakeupTalk.com Service will not locate unintended or objectionable content and Huddler or MakeupTalk.com accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of any site included in any Huddler or MakeupTalk.com list or otherwise linked to by the Huddler or MakeupTalk.com services, or for your use of such content. We can, whenever we want, edit or delete any content displayed on the sites. You use the sites at your own risk. Everything you see on our sites is provided to you "as is." The sites are provided "AS-IS" and as available and Huddler or MakeupTalk.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Huddler or MakeupTalk.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the sites.

Limitation on Liability IN NO EVENT SHALL HUDDLER OR MakeupTalk.com BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF HUDDLER OR MakeupTalk.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN.

Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold Huddler or MakeupTalk.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss or liability arising out of your use of the sites or from any claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the sites in violation of these terms of service and/or any breach of your representations, warranties and obligations set forth above and/or if any content that you post in Postings on the sites or through the sites causes Huddler or MakeupTalk.com to be liable to another.

2. Private messages or emails between two parties are not necessarily confidential or private UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE.
  3. MUT staff and moderators will not removed posts, edit posts or lock threads just because a company rep or owner does not like that people don't like his/her/their products.

We've been through this before with the legal threats and it's just that threats. Those threads and posts in question are still on MUT, still open for people to post in and have not been edited or removed (except for one or two posts where the private phone number was edited).

My suggestion to those who are unhappy with their boxes due to expired, counterfeit, discontinued or whatever the case maybe is that you DO have consumer rights under Federal law. Someone else has mentioned that Paypal DOES allow for disputes under certain circumstances which you may or may not qualify for (it'll be up to Paypal), same with any credit/debit card you may have used. Also check your rights under the Federal Trade Commission website. You also have the right to file a complaint with your state Attorney General's Office and with the ATG in Red Carpet Box's state. You can also file a complaint with the BBB but note they really can't do anything to resolve any problems but can list the complaint against the company online and give the company a grade.

Oy, Zadi. I really wish we could buy you a BS-proofing protection plan.

I personally want to add to what I said above: I think that it is really sad when small businesses fail, but I also think that most of the MUT users would be so happy to support a small subscription if the owner was respectful of their consumers and did not just distribute junk to make a quick buck. A small subscription that makes reasonable claims about what kinds of products will be sent -- even if it charged a little more since the number of boxes going out would be less than a Cravebox or Birchbox startup -- would totally appeal to me. I can envision a small-scale entrepreneur working with some up-and-coming brands to send out a certain number of boxes with company-provided samples. I also want to say that if the "consumable" products are good, I do not really have a problem if there are some legitimate close-out accessories and such. If a seller was able to get a good deal on some jewelry, and wants to curate some assorted items like that into a box (hopefully not from eBay, but from other outlets), I have ZERO problem with that. I just want care put into the selection of products, fresh consumable goods, and a good attitude if problems do come up.

Can you guys imagine how much less of a problem this subscription might have been, even, if the owner was polite and respectful of her consumers instead of flipping the f out and flying into a rage when her (shoddy) business practices were questioned? Red Carpet Box might still be alive if she had apologized for the expired samples and sent out some refunds. :

I'm just trying to figure out the logic, here. YOU start a company, YOU send out expired products, whether that be intentional or not. Then, YOU block, delete, and threaten customers and potential customers who inquire about it. What?

A little bit of honesty and humility goes a long way when it comes to attracting and keeping customers...but at this point, she could send out boxes of pure gold and rainbows for 5 cents a box and I'd still stay a mile away. This is not how you treat customers, nor is it how a business works.

LOL If only there was. I'm still not sure what she's talking about in her Facebook message to me since I don't see anyone posting emails from her. I know one member (who has since edited her own post) did write how she was sent a legal threat as well. The fact is that legal threats are just that. I can say I'm going to have my attorney send a cease and desist as well but it's a complete bluff because C&Ds are difficult to enforce when it comes to freedom of speech (this is why sites like Gossip Guru are able to exist).

What I saw posted is not harassive, it not intimidating nor what was posted lies. People have the right to express their opinion - good or bad - about products they get and if those who received the items got counterfeit, expired or discontinued products they have the right to express their dissatisfaction. To threaten someone legally into shutting them up is a BIG BIG red flag for me (Posh Pod did it and I want to say Box Monthly did it as well) because a GOOD business will do something to correct the matter (like Birchbox did with the expired BeFine products).

I guess we'll have to see how this plays out but personally I wouldn't subscribe to this for $25.

I haven't received my box - the label was printed on 9/24 & she says it was shipped out then.  It hasn't updated yet with usps.  When I emailed her, she told me to contact usps & keep her updated.  I am the customer, I expect her to track down the package if there is a problem.  Am I asking too much?

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do all these home startups have the same lousy lawyer giving them bad legal advice?

Shady Subscription Services Law Group, LLC 

No you are not asking to much i seen about 3 or 4 other people go theres so im sure you should have got yours as well. But if it was me i would prob track it myself as well just to make sure it sent out

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do all these home startups have the same lousy lawyer giving them bad legal advice?
Haha! Sure seems like it. I'm not sure this woman is intentionally scamming people, but her method of dealing with these problems by ignoring and deleting kind of defeats any good intentions she might have. I think by now I just don't trust any start up that isn't working directly with companies to get their products. And even that's not always a guarantee! I think the chance of getting counterfeit/expired products goes up exponentially when working with wholesalers. There are too many people out there trying to profit off of this trend of beauty subscription services. I'm not even convinced that the more successful ones (Birchbox, Ipsy, LBB,, etc) have more than 2-4 years left, unless they're able to keep making their boxes better and better. My rule of thumb before trying out a new company (especially if they're independent) is to wait at least 3 or 4 months. That's usually enough time to gauge general feedback, consistency, and customer service, and at the very least, see if it's right for you.

Latest posts

Back