Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just watched the April review.. do people seriously like this crap? It should be called the dollar store box. No way all of that is equal to $20.
 We call it Yard Sale Box.

All right y'all, lets not feed the troll, that's the reason they post here in the first place, to illicit responses.

I've read this trend and Panty Fly because they are SOO entertaining. Some people need to learn how to run a business. I would never do business in a million years with Patricia from Red Carpet Box because she puts all her personal information out there. Not only are the products subpar but it comes off as extremely emotionally immature. 

If Katia from Birchbox started telling the internets all her business, I would have the same reaction. I'm not saying that she should never talk about her health problems, I'm just saying that she does it too much and uses it as an excuse. And trying to guilt people into giving money? That's extremely tacky. 

Don't even get me started on giving out counterfeit MAC. I know some sub box owners may find this forum annoying but I personally am thankful that people are holding these businesses accountable. I work hard for my money and I don't want to spend it on counterfeit goods that may be bad for my health (lead in lipstick, etc.). 

Ehhhh I don't even find it entertaining, its pretty boring as far as trolling goes lol.
Agreed! I've never been amused by this sort of stuff- I've seen it on other forums in the past. Too sophomoric & slapsticky for my taste.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed! I've never been amused by this sort of stuff- I've seen it on other forums in the past. Too sophomoric & slapsticky for my taste.
Exactly. The really good trolls are the ones who get an emotional response and everyone takes seriously lol. Why waste your time with this stuff?

Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly what the "human bean" made me think of! Bahahahaha!! This is all entirely too funny. It's gone beyond a shady business into the land of silly gangsta wackadoodles. Ova and out. Remember to love yourselves. Word to your mutha. 

Originally Posted by WarPaint1739 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know some sub box owners may find this forum annoying but I personally am thankful that people are holding these businesses accountable. 
They should all be happy forums like this exist. Imagine how much business Birchbox has only because of MUT. I wouldn't know Sub boxes existed if it wasn't for forums. 

OMG I finally finally finished..

I have nothing new to report except for the fact that I ran her profile photo from her personal account through Google Image search (CATFISHING!!) and it's a stock photo.  I bet the excuse will be "yes I modeled for that stock photo"... I also thought noticed on her facebook account she now has pituitary issues.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG I finally finally finished..

I have nothing new to report except for the fact that I ran her profile photo from her personal account through Google Image search (CATFISHING!!) and it's a stock photo.  I bet the excuse will be "yes I modeled for that stock photo"... I also thought noticed on her facebook account she now has pituitary issues.
What photo did you use because all I see is her Red Carpet Box logo on FB.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one from her personal Facebook page.
I didn't know she had a personal Facebook page. Is the link somewhere in this book of a thread? Or can you post it here?

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't know she had a personal Facebook page. Is the link somewhere in this book of a thread? Or can you post it here?
I just saw it actually. Go to recent posts by others, and there is a post from her personal page to the RCB page. Her Facebook page is special. I really don't get why she needs to raise all these funds to pay for her medical bills when she drives a friggin Bentley. I also LOVE the babymaker license plate.....
puke.gif

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw it actually. Go to recent posts by others, and there is a post from her personal page to the RCB page. Her Facebook page is special. I really don't get why she needs to raise all these funds to pay for her medical bills when she drives a friggin Bentley. I also LOVE the babymaker license plate.....
puke.gif
Found it! Thanks!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

to debunk what exactly?
The fact that she has created this bizarre online personality with 1000 illnesses and 100s of children for the sole purpose of making people feel badly for her so they buy her product. This is definitely some sort of scam and there are internet groups dedicated to exposing scammers. I have been part of this saga since day one and nothing adds up about this "woman".

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The fact that she has created this bizarre online personality with 1000 illnesses and 100s of children for the sole purpose of making people feel badly for her so they buy her product. This is definitely some sort of scam and there are internet groups dedicated to exposing scammers. I have been part of this saga since day one and nothing adds up about this "woman".
Yeah, I've seen the whole e-detective persona, and what it does when people start pointing fingers at innocent people  (e.g. incorrectly IDed boston bomber suspects). I'm not saying she's innocent by any means, but really if you want people to investigate her it makes more sense to direct them her facebook page and website. All of her charity claims, paypal stuff, personal facebook, etc. are going on there. It just seems like directing someone to the essential links to look in to her background would cut out this fifty pages of us talking about sex toys and panty fly, MACs counterfeit policies, etc.

I sent them a summary of everything uncovered here. When you write it all out into a large paragraph, it really starts to look fishy. I wasn't even sure I was going to send it until I saw just how shady a summary made her look. And I forgot the charity stuff!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I've seen the whole e-detective persona, and what it does when people start pointing fingers at innocent people  (e.g. incorrectly IDed boston bomber suspects). I'm not saying she's innocent by any means, but really if you want people to investigate her it makes more sense to direct them her facebook page and website. All of her charity claims, paypal stuff, personal facebook, etc. are going on there. It just seems like directing someone to the essential links to look in to her background would cut out this fifty pages of us talking about sex toys and panty fly, MACs counterfeit policies, etc.

Latest posts

Back