Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent them a summary of everything uncovered here. When you write it all out into a large paragraph, it really starts to look fishy. I wasn't even sure I was going to send it until I saw just how shady a summary made her look. And I forgot the charity stuff!
I agree, when you add up everything that has happened since RCB's inception, it's really sketchy. The charity stuff in particular has been bothering me because it's just dragging in innocent people to make sales.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Her husband's name is also Pat.
Patricia West Martin Amy???

is that all the same person also?

And her "sissy" do people really talk like that?

Not trying to diss anyone (not that this is written any better....), but I just can't imagine someone who is over 10 or 12 years old using the word "sissy". It just sounds strange to me.

Like "my sissy and me are going to the movies!!!!! YAYYYYYY! and I luuuvvvvv kitty cats too and  JUSTIN BEIBER!!!! YAYYY!"

Not trying to derail this too much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really do not think the lady who runs this business should feature her PERSONAL LIFE in her company stuff.

That's why it is called PERSONAL , someone should send her the memo....

This is quite the drama it seems.

Could the Bentley be rented or borrowed?

or maybe it was a weekend rental? who knows.

A lot of people rent cars to make a better impression- that is hard to really tell from a pic.

And her "sissy" do people really talk like that? Not trying to diss anyone (not that this is written any better....), but I just can't imagine someone who is over 10 or 12 years old using the word "sissy". It just sounds strange to me. Like "my sissy and me are going to the movies!!!!! YAYYYYYY! and I luuuvvvvv kitty cats too and  JUSTIN BEIBER!!!! YAYYY!" Not trying to derail this too much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Apparently so! I can't understand passive aggressive, nonsensical questions from adult women. Instead of pondering why someone words things in an offensive way (because you really don't care to know why- your question is purely rhetorical), just come out and say "I am highly offended by that word and think people who use it are immature and stupid". Or ask me directly, "do you really use that term, or are you using it in a tongue in cheek sort of way"? I can understand the fascination w/ phonetics and speech patterns, I suppose, but I'm not really sure what the point of your question (or subsequent drivel) is. The Justin bieber, kitty tangent, specifically. I find your fixation on the word "sissy" to be a little "strange" as well, and like you, I don't mean that in a bad way.

I though you all would tell me I was crazy when I suggested she was a catfish. Also has anyone seen the mugshot that may or may be her?

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I though you all would tell me I was crazy when I suggested she was a catfish. Also has anyone seen the mugshot that may or may be her?
Yup I saw it..

Now, now... no speculating on if she has a criminal record. There's no proof it's her since Patricia Martin is actually a common name.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now, now... no speculating on if she has a criminal record. There's no proof it's her since Patricia Martin is actually a common name.
This, this is why e-detectiving is dangerous.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Word to your Mutha.  Also, the latest RCB review for the April Box from ATSTL
It honestly does not even look like she is excited about the products, she seems so 'whatever' about everything,

I lost count of how many times she said "These were in a past box too." I would not be amused if any of my subs sent the same products 4 boxes in a row! There were going to be riots at ipsy when they sent out the Andreas choice polishes two months in a row.

They're being referred to as "favorites," but I don't think they've been in business long enough to establish real favorites. It just screams leftovers.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're being referred to as "favorites," but I don't think they've been in business long enough to establish real favorites. It just screams leftovers.
That box was the Swindle Box.

My thoughts exactly!  "We have some returning favorites" - she said this several times on the video.  I wonder what "we have" means.. does she work for RCB?  "Returning favorites" is an odd choice of words if she's actually just a consumer.  It's like a marketing phrase, but you're right.. it just means leftovers.

Did anyone else cringe at the watch and earrings in the horrible crinkly plastic (except for the handmade earrings - I get that with small companies)?  Nice products don't get sold like that.  I've only seen made-in-china freebies from credit card companies sent like that, not good-quality jewelry.

My thoughts exactly!  "We have some returning favorites" - she said this several times on the video.  I wonder what "we have" means.. does she work for RCB?  "Returning favorites" is an odd choice of words if she's actually just a consumer.  It's like a marketing phrase, but you're right.. it just means leftovers. Did anyone else cringe at the watch and earrings in the horrible crinkly plastic (except for the handmade earrings - I get that with small companies)?  Nice products don't get sold like that.  I've only seen made-in-china freebies from credit card companies sent like that, not good-quality jewelry.
Yes, that plastic! I heard that crackle and thought, "Oh, wow, really cheap tourist trinkets that cost a tenth of whatever they're charging you and will probably give someone a rash. Awesome."

I agree abt the watch. I also shuddered when she pulled it out. So obviously low-budget. I think everything in this box was a "returning favorite". I didn't see any new items.

So I haven't been here in awhile, and I just got caught up on this thread.
eusa_wall.gif

oh well, This isn't an overly popular box so I'm betting the only people who sub are her friends.

Over and out!

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently so!

I can't understand passive aggressive, nonsensical questions from adult women. Instead of pondering why someone words things in an offensive way (because you really don't care to know why- your question is purely rhetorical), just come out and say "I am highly offended by that word and think people who use it are immature and stupid". Or ask me directly, "do you really use that term, or are you using it in a tongue in cheek sort of way"? I can understand the fascination w/ phonetics and speech patterns, I suppose, but I'm not really sure what the point of your question (or subsequent drivel) is. The Justin bieber, kitty tangent, specifically. I find your fixation on the word "sissy" to be a little "strange" as well, and like you, I don't mean that in a bad way.
I'm not trying to pick an argument or hurt anyone's feelings and I do honestly respect you (I lurk a LOT, so I've read many, many of your posts), but she's got a point.

Analyzing speech patterns and vocabulary is more often than not useful in determining if someone suffers from a mental disorder (obviously in conjunction with other criteria). And I'd argue that Patricia's speech patterns are pretty indicative of a high likelihood of NPD ~ and that includes her usage of the word "Sissy." Unless the person she was speaking to is a close, family friend that she's known since childhood (when such forms of address are put into usage) or is commonly referred to as "Sissy" by many people, referring to that person as "Sissy" is quite odd. It's just not something that one would encounter in a normal social setting.

I'd say that the poster was remarking on her immaturity and was using stereotypically (for better or worse) cultural examples. I don't think she meant to offend anyone ~ I think she was just using a bit of exaggeration in an attempt at humor.

Just my two cents. Which, in today's economy is still worth more than one of those RC boxes. o_O

I agree!

When I think of "returning favorites," I think of items that get used up quickly (in my case, moisturizer, concealer, mascara, etc), irrespective of the business I bought them from. I don't think of inexpensive eyeshadow in the same color family as "returning favorites."

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently so!

I can't understand passive aggressive, nonsensical questions from adult women. Instead of pondering why someone words things in an offensive way (because you really don't care to know why- your question is purely rhetorical), just come out and say "I am highly offended by that word and think people who use it are immature and stupid". Or ask me directly, "do you really use that term, or are you using it in a tongue in cheek sort of way"? I can understand the fascination w/ phonetics and speech patterns, I suppose, but I'm not really sure what the point of your question (or subsequent drivel) is. The Justin bieber, kitty tangent, specifically. I find your fixation on the word "sissy" to be a little "strange" as well, and like you, I don't mean that in a bad way.
Ok,

I do get your point.

I may have spent too much time in classes that were dedicated to writing, as well as having to edit and correct business documents and that might have left me a bit too picky.

Or maybe I have too much extra time on my hands (or heck....even both!!!).

Also, I do not think I have a fixation on any words- but if you ask anyone I know the word "thru", as in drive thru really really annoys me.

But back to the drama of the whatever carpet box.

So curious to see how long this box will last and what will be sent out next!

Originally Posted by aandreasen63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats what sucks about start up companies. You can't trust anything anymore ):
I've been screwed over by sub box companies that were NOT startups, so you never know.

Glossybox in Dec 2012 sent everyone in their Canadian box expired items.

Then lied about who the box sponsors were, saying Revlon was a sponsor, when I actually was told on Revlon's facebook they never dealt w Glossybox or supplied the items.

Revlon also just sent me a letter confirming this 2 weeks ago, so I have actual written proof and will post that up soon.

Glymm box who was around almost 2 years stole $150 from me and went under while still charging peoples credit cards the day before?

Nice.

Latest posts

Back