Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by aandreasen63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats what sucks about start up companies. You can't trust anything anymore ):
I've been screwed over by sub box companies that were NOT startups, so you never know.

Glossybox in Dec 2012 sent everyone in their Canadian box expired items.

Then lied about who the box sponsors were, saying Revlon was a sponsor, when I actually was told on Revlon's facebook they never dealt w Glossybox or supplied the items.

Revlon also just sent me a letter confirming this 2 weeks ago, so I have actual written proof and will post that up soon.

Glymm box who was around almost 2 years stole $150 from me and went under while still charging peoples credit cards the day before?

Nice.

Please say you were able to the get the $150 back!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please say you were able to the get the $150 back!
Yes, I did get my $150 back.

And also managed to even get my money back on gift certificates I had bought as they neve r sent me half my samples.

They had a promo where you paid $40 and got a $35 gc and a bag with samples from the last year or so.

I had really liked the samples they had for this, so was sort of pleased with what I did get (but annoyed they shorted me on one bag of samples (never got my RMS lipgloss or Cargo eyeliner...) and a couple other things too.

I also got a partial refund for my yearly sub, I had paid in Sept and had gotten 5 months of bags so far...

What I learned from this is to always pay by credit card if you are not sure of a sub!

I'm glad that the money she banked from me and others (who knows maybe even charity funds) are buying her LBB's Black Label bags, you know the $200+ ones. I've been trying to stay out of this for the simple fact being- I should have known better, but this FB post on LBB's FB has rubbed me the wrong way today.

I knew she was on LBB and some of her stuff she sent out was coming from there. She use to follow me on LBB but doubt she does now..

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I knew she was on LBB and some of her stuff she sent out was coming from there. She use to follow me on LBB but doubt she does now..
Oh, she probably does. You are evil, you know. EvelZaDi.

So I see she is sending out Helzberg silver earrings in the boxes now. I could be wrong because I've never been in a Helzberg before but I find them very suspicious. I work in another fine jewelry store and I just can't imagine Helzberg selling anything on cards, even silver. Also the ticketed price of 24 dollars is too low. Their silver earrings on their site start at 49.99. And so far a quick search online shows a lot of ebay auctions for silver carded Helzberg earrings for 6 bucks or so each... I haven't found a shady "wholesale" site offering a large lot of them yet but I am sure its out there.

To add, there's no way a fine jewelry store would "wholesale" their stuff to someone. Most likely the earrings are not Helzberg exclusive and are sold at different retailers. Therefore even if the manufacturer did sell a lot of them, they would not have a store brand/name on them. 

I know. I found where she got the sunglasses and red boxed earrings. I was just pointing out these are prob fake too. 
hug.gif

I even saw last year thatt some beauty supply store was on Teambuy and selling cheap sets of OPI nail polish.
I recally it was something like 6 bottles for $20 or maybe less even.

I had seen the same polishes on some Chinese sites when I did look online.
So maybe some shady company is making the items for her who knows?

If Glossybox Canada can lie about where they get their items from, then I find it hard to see how any of these small box co's get "reputable" items.
-Glossybox US seems way more honest.....

Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know. I found where she got the sunglasses and red boxed earrings. I was just pointing out these are prob fake too. 
hug.gif
Oh, okay! I was afraid you were giving her a benefit of the doubt- though I should know better from you!

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw it actually. Go to recent posts by others, and there is a post from her personal page to the RCB page. Her Facebook page is special. I really don't get why she needs to raise all these funds to pay for her medical bills when she drives a friggin Bentley. I also LOVE the babymaker license plate.....
puke.gif
I could not find this! could you help/

The facebook is incredibly quiet.. Like nothing since May 8th.. Perhaps they have shut down shop??

Hmm...Amanda has set all of her RCB reviews to private and did not post one for the May box.  Also, they are polling for more possible changes to RCB AND they have announced....

THE RED CARPET PARLOUR! Apparently, you buy the stuff by commenting on Facebook. An unusual setup to say the least....

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's against fb rules.
Yeah I was just about to say unless they changed the ToS i'm pretty sure this still stands.

No comments from Amanda herself on the RCB page, it is looking like she bailed.  It really is amazing, the frequency with which RCB morphs its business model.

Latest posts

Back