Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do recognize some of the bags on Red Carpet "Parlour" as LBB bags (the Jessica McClintock "rose" clutch, for example, and there were a few others).

Speaking of bags -- and Red Carpet "Parlour" -- even if there were no questions of credibility regarding Patricia/her products, I think I'd steer clear of subscribing to RCB just because it's plain confusing.  Between the prices raising and lowering every month, the addition (?) of RCP, the random shipping, Patricia's constant use of "we" (even though she seems to be the only staff member) and long-winded posts... it's hard to keep up, and I'm not even a subscriber.

Based on her most recent Facebook posts (which are both too long to quote, but are dated June 22 and June 23) I can't tell if her current subscribers now have to go to the trouble of visiting RCP and selecting a handbag (to go along with the usual box of crap) on some first come-first serve basis (and if they don't, are they charged anyway?) or if Patricia's just going to mail a random purse with every July box. In any case, it looks like July will bring yet another New! RCB, along with a price increase (they're back to $29.99 per month). Sentences like this (from the June 23 post):

The founder felt that the new handbag program in July wasn't ''fun''.
... don't exactly help clear matters up. It isn't even July yet; how can Patricia tell if her new(est) program is "fun" yet? Does she mean RCP?

I guess I shouldn't care, seeing as how I'm NOT a subscriber. 
smiletongue.gif
*shrug*

(That said, I have to admit I'm very curious as to why Amanda the Toy Lady suddenly seems to have nothing to do with RCB!)

Finally, I snuck a peek at Patricia's own Facebook page and her new profile photos are... interesting.

This was posted last month: Red Carpet Box will not be taking orders while it restructure its business. Patrick Martin Admin There is also a woman from ca. Who is posting as "Katie" the new page admin. Patty might be gifting her a box or something to administrate the fb page, because she doesn't seem to be a legitimate employee.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol how many times now have they restructured???
I was thinking the same! Looks like the comments have been disabled once again, but there is a disgruntled buyer on the Red Carpet Parlour page, which also appears to have been abandoned.

Maybe Patricia has moved on. Last week I noticed on her personal page that her husband's company was going public and they just made $4 million dollars or something like that.  She also talked about him buying her a BMW.  

Oh-- and now she is attributing all her health woes to Lyme's disease and toxic mold.

NO I don't check her page and I'm not a friend of hers.  She commented on a page that I was looking at so I clicked to see what was new with her.  I think it's pretty bad, she swings from begging for help/money/miracles and then all of a sudden they are on top of the world worth $$$.  Definitely an interesting personality there!

one of the reviews on her page looks the same old crap, including those cheap DG sunglasses which the reviewer thought were Dolce & Gabbana.

Can't be sure since it's been so long, but it does seem like she's trying to offload some of her old stock, because I feel like I recognize some of the items, or at least the brands, from the latest "holiday" box. Another thing that hasn't changed are the overly wordy posts.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  one of the reviews on her page looks the same old crap, including those cheap DG sunglasses which the reviewer thought were Dolce & Gabbana.
Either that or Tammy is a plant who is meant to hint that the sunglasses look like the real thing. #rcbconspiracy 

I remember I made a comment on their FB page about the way they were describing the purses.

People were going on about how they were nice leather and I asked if it was really "leather" and not PLEATHER or "faux leather", or PVC.

seems they like to mislead people a lot.

Back