Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my gawd - I spent the last couple of hours reading this thread.  It is better than a novel.

I have to say, just looking at those pictures, it looks like someone went thru their house and just tossed in stuff they no longer wanted.

my gawd - I spent the last couple of hours reading this thread.  It is better than a novel. I have to say, just looking at those pictures, it looks like someone went thru their house and just tossed in stuff they no longer wanted.
I wish someone would pay me to send them my old stuff. I have a stack of empty boxes I could fill up.

The highlights after looking on Facebook for five minutes: *Only 1 "like" in almost a month after posting boxes were back up for sale. (I have more neighbors that "like" my updated status of walking to the mailbox) *The poorly written posts include grammatical errors "worked more harder", misspelling "prettily", missing plurals, and run on sentences. (Just to mention a few, cause I could go on...) *Amanda is back. (Guess I missed the episode where they made up because I thought they were having a tiff)

I check the Facebook page every now and again out of sheer morbid curiosity and I noticed this gem and thought I'd share: "To clarify the name brand of your sunglasses, they are not in fact Dolce and Gabanna. They are a sunglass manufacturer by the name of D&G with quality and beautiful designs in mind and they do not imitate Dolce and Gabanna in any way. "

I felt that was worth raising this thread from the dead.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I check the Facebook page every now and again out of sheer morbid curiosity and I noticed this gem and thought I'd share: "To clarify the name brand of your sunglasses, they are not in fact Dolce and Gabanna. They are a sunglass manufacturer by the name of D&G with quality and beautiful designs in mind and they do not imitate Dolce and Gabanna in any way. "

I felt that was worth raising this thread from the dead.

Ha!

Doesn't Dolce & Gabanna also own the D&G name? D&G is their lower priced line while Dolce & Gabanna are the luxury line.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha!

Doesn't Dolce & Gabanna also own the D&G name? D&G is their lower priced line while Dolce & Gabanna are the luxury line.
D&G was done away with in 2011, i'm sure a lot of people still associate the two letters with Dolce & Gabbana though.

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  D&G was done away with in 2011, i'm sure a lot of people still associate the two letters with Dolce & Gabbana though.
I doubt this applies to RedCrapet box but I thought some opticians still sold the old discontinued sunglasses?

At least where I live the chain Laurier Optical sells old season designer sunglasses quite cheaply and usually has a table of $50 sunglasses.

They also sell all the new in-season models, but at reg price.

I used to buy my eyeglass frames there (when their service was better-now store staff is super rude).

From hearing so much about RCB I doubt I would trust any of their crappy items.

If you look at the plastic on the sunglasses in the pic on FB, it does not look like a "G" in that logo. Possibly "DC" or "DE". Makes me lean towards cheap knockoff since its looks very similar to D&G's logo.

Quote: Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you look at the plastic on the sunglasses in the pic on FB, it does not look like a "G" in that logo. Possibly "DC" or "DE". Makes me lean towards cheap knockoff since its looks very similar to D&G's logo.
Some of the Asian knock-off items are pretty bad.

I bought a pair of shoes online and thought the brand was just to get more attention and that it would not be printed on the shoe label- but someone went to the trouble of making called "Gucci heaven" and the items look nothing like Gucci, which is even funnier.

There are tons of those almost brands- esp at dollar stores.

I'm pretty sure Dolce and Gabanna still owns D&G, I had a pair of glasses a couple years back that had D&G on the side (yes, they were authentic!).

On another note, I've just read through this thread and just, wow. I'm surprised that RCB is still alive to be honest, but their Facebook doesn't seem very active. They have thousands of likes, yet they get literally 1 to 3 likes per post. Was there even a January box? I saw no one posting about it.

It's hardly a shocker, but they've now discontinued their sub, and will now offer random stuff daily at discounted prices. But given how infrequently they post, I would be surprised if they actually followed through. My guess is that they're still trying to offload old stock. I wonder what their few loyal supporters really think of RCB constantly "restructuring" their business.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The end of an era.

LOL! And now we wait...because this just seems to keep rising, phoenix like, from the ashes. Oh wait... that's a good name. Yeah, they can call it Phoenix Box when they start up again. It has certainly given us some great amusement!

Wow, just noticed they actually posted one about 3 days ago. Doesn't look like there are any biters yet. Out of all the places you can still find the product, Duwop's own site sure isn't one of them, so the product's obviously been discontinued. Shocker.

Drugstore.com and Beauty.com each carry several items that aren't actively made anymore. It's great for random items you fall in love with and can't find anymore, but I'm usually careful about what I get from there simply because they carry a lot of old stock. Occasionally it works to my advantage (like with this old Neutrogena mask/scrub I adored), but other times, I'm squeamish.

But it's already been established that RCB puts these type of items into their boxes, so it's no surprise that they're now attempting to sell them. The legality of it is something I'd wonder about. However, I doubt she generates enough business for it to be worth getting into.

Could she be selling fake or imitation items?

I'm just asking as glossybox when they were in Canada, they sent items that were 5 years expired, that they bought on ebay from sketchy people.

Some people online had found that out, as well as my own posting on my blog of the actual items they sent me, and all the tags and codes from those items. 

Glossybox Canada had even gone as far as saying Revlon and Avon sponsored their boxes, when in fact they never did and I had even gotten that in writing from one of the companies (and prob have that letter somewhere still.....).

So now seeing the kinds of things some people do and also how easy it is to fake items thesedays, you never know....

Back