Red Carpet Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to see the "changes" they are making and saw a ton of complaints on the FB page. Glad to see someone is trying to stand up to her... again... I just hope she doesn't turn on them as she did others.

Edited to add... I kept reading and wow... just wow. I'm shocked she left all of that up!!!

LOL did she really say that this customers complaints on her wall were "not professional"...sorry, but that's a pretty unprofessional thing to say.

Seems that she's making customers file paypal disputes to get refunds now. Way to give them a run around. In her defense, it seems like this customer was looking for trouble from the time she placed her order.

I see she's still sending out the discontinued Urban Decay stuff that clearanced out for $1 on UD's site LAST YEAR. I wonder if the purses are from Little Black Bag.

I couldn't even finish this...

Quote: Red Carpet Box Brenda, we posted and also told you that there were to be no pre-orders. When you first posted that you wished for a June Box, I informed you due to accounting and to keep my records straightforward through Paypal, the month in which you wish you buyfrom, it may be bought from the beginning of each month to subscribe. We are very sorry you did miss your Memorial Day special of a free Wet n Wild product. We are going to take care and make absolutely sure that you receive your free Memorial Day gift as soon as possible as well as a few samples for your inconvenience. We posted to the effect that no pre-orders should be made. At the time of your post that you would like a June box instead of a May box and we explained that a May box was reserved for our accounting through Paypal, our true sales numbers as a company, etc. What we did not understand is that your opinion of our May box was free and cheap samples. If you had said something to that effect at the time, we absolutely would have cancelled your order. What we didn't understand is why you would have preferred a June box because in our company's opinion, May was a terrific and very generous month. We guarantee 3 full size samples, 1 deluxe sample, and one piece of jewelry. What was offered in your box was absolutely not free. We are wholesale buyers as well as a subscription service. The only free item in your box was the wonderful sponsorship by Perfectly Posh with Betsy. In our May box we supplied to you: 1 single boxed Too Faced Shadow in full size, 1 NYX lipstick in full size, 1 Sally Hansen nail kit, 1 pair of Helzberg Diamond brand sterling silver earrings retail price at 24.99, 1 eyelash curler with 3 refills, 1 BoxSet to contain your eyeshadows in, a Redken charm bracelet in a beautiful velvet pouch, and a deluxe sample of nail polish remover in a colorful plastic container. You stated that our items are free and cheap. It is absolutely not true that our items are free unless they are sponsored by a company and we buy as a company wholesale bulk to give our customers the very best bang for their dollars, including USPS priority mail shipping built into our model. Perfectly Posh samples were included in your box and they were completely free. We did not understand at the time your opinion of our service for the month of May and if we had known what we do now know, we would have gladly cancelled your order. The samples were kindly provided by Betsy. We provided the 3 full sized samples, 2 cosmetic tools such as the BoxSet eyeshadow holders and the eyelash curler, and 2 pieces of jewelry instead of the 1 standard. It is of our opinion that if you were not pleased with this box and have these opinions of us that are very disheartening to hear, it would not be a good investment on our June bags for you, personally. We are sorry you are upset with the May box and we will fulfill an order of wet n wild and other samples to correct our mistake of not fulfilling your Memorial Day gift. This was your very first subscription to our box, I believe. I'm so sorry your first box was not what you wanted. The reason we require subscribers who are not monthly to wait until the very first of the month is because our clients who are on auto-pay and are dedicated monthly clients will receive their slot fulfillment first, as they committed funds for those months and we must fulfill those orders. However, we have room in our client base that fluctuates from month to month and unless do not have access to expedient delivery to more inventory from our suppliers, then we absolutely have slots available to those who subscribe. We would do an announcement if no more slots were available for that month. We truly value your feedback. We will take the time as a matter of fact tonight and post our rules on ordering. We did have a post that indicated that rule on our Wall. We hope that this explains a lot of things about our small and growing business, and we will correct your order regarding the wet n wild on Monday, it will be shipped out to you. Regarding June, I'm very sorry to say that if you do believe we are not a good value or cheap or obtain cosmetics or jewelry for free, we cannot raise your expectations of a 20.00 subscription box. Thank you for your comments, your feedback, and I'm very sorry that you felt this box was very bad all around. We truly want to have happy and pleased Clients all around and not all subscription boxes are tailored to certain subscribers expectations. From these opinions that we have gathered, we are more than happy to service your missing item plus gift you samples, but we cannot as a company have these opinions of our offerings as very cheap or free and we feel it best that you would be perhaps much more comfortable with another subscription service. Our apologies regarding your missing free gift once again and we do hope we were fully able to explain our company as best as possible and why we are really very concerned that your first box was so cheap and not of value to you. We do appreciate your subscription to May. We value all our Clients but we highly sense your opinions would not change based on our future boxes. Apologies again for your missing item.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL did she really say that this customers complaints on her wall were "not professional"...sorry, but that's a pretty unprofessional thing to say.

Seems that she's making customers file paypal disputes to get refunds now. Way to give them a run around. In her defense, it seems like this customer was looking for trouble from the time she placed her order.
I completely agree that this customer seemed like she just wanted to start something, but I have to admit it made me giggle. It's called Karma.

omg wall of text 
icon_eek.gif

omg wall of text 
icon_eek.gif
Right? I read some of this thread earlier for the lolz and dramz but I didn't realize RCB was still around. I thought it was a ghost of MUT past.

Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't even finish this...
Ok I'm going to break it down since it's hard to read like that! LOL

Quote: Red Carpet Box Brenda, we posted and also told you that there were to be no pre-orders. When you first posted that you wished for a June Box, I informed you due to accounting and to keep my records straightforward through Paypal, the month in which you wish you buyfrom, it may be bought from the beginning of each month to subscribe.   We are very sorry you did miss your Memorial Day special of a free Wet n Wild product. We are going to take care and make absolutely sure that you receive your free Memorial Day gift as soon as possible as well as a few samples for your inconvenience. We posted to the effect that no pre-orders should be made. At the time of your post that you would like a June box instead of a May box and we explained that a May box was reserved for our accounting through Paypal, our true sales numbers as a company, etc. What we did not understand is that your opinion of our May box was free and cheap samples. If you had said something to that effect at the time, we absolutely would have cancelled your order.   What we didn't understand is why you would have preferred a June box because in our company's opinion, May was a terrific and very generous month. We guarantee 3 full size samples, 1 deluxe sample, and one piece of jewelry. What was offered in your box was absolutely not free. We are wholesale buyers as well as a subscription service. The only free item in your box was the wonderful sponsorship by Perfectly Posh with Betsy.   In our May box we supplied to you: 1 single boxed Too Faced Shadow in full size, 1 NYX lipstick in full size, 1 Sally Hansen nail kit, 1 pair of Helzberg Diamond brand sterling silver earrings retail price at 24.99, 1 eyelash curler with 3 refills, 1 BoxSet to contain your eyeshadows in, a Redken charm bracelet in a beautiful velvet pouch, and a deluxe sample of nail polish remover in a colorful plastic container.   You stated that our items are free and cheap. It is absolutely not true that our items are free unless they are sponsored by a company and we buy as a company wholesale bulk to give our customers the very best bang for their dollars, including USPS priority mail shipping built into our model. Perfectly Posh samples were included in your box and they were completely free.   We did not understand at the time your opinion of our service for the month of May and if we had known what we do now know, we would have gladly cancelled your order.   The samples were kindly provided by Betsy. We provided the 3 full sized samples, 2 cosmetic tools such as the BoxSet eyeshadow holders and the eyelash curler, and 2 pieces of jewelry instead of the 1 standard. It is of our opinion that if you were not pleased with this box and have these opinions of us that are very disheartening to hear, it would not be a good investment on our June bags for you, personally.   We are sorry you are upset with the May box and we will fulfill an order of wet n wild and other samples to correct our mistake of not fulfilling your Memorial Day gift. This was your very first subscription to our box, I believe. I'm so sorry your first box was not what you wanted.   The reason we require subscribers who are not monthly to wait until the very first of the month is because our clients who are on auto-pay and are dedicated monthly clients will receive their slot fulfillment first, as they committed funds for those months and we must fulfill those orders. However, we have room in our client base that fluctuates from month to month and unless do not have access to expedient delivery to more inventory from our suppliers, then we absolutely have slots available to those who subscribe.   We would do an announcement if no more slots were available for that month. We truly value your feedback. We will take the time as a matter of fact tonight and post our rules on ordering. We did have a post that indicated that rule on our Wall. We hope that this explains a lot of things about our small and growing business, and we will correct your order regarding the wet n wild on Monday, it will be shipped out to you.   Regarding June, I'm very sorry to say that if you do believe we are not a good value or cheap or obtain cosmetics or jewelry for free, we cannot raise your expectations of a 20.00 subscription box. Thank you for your comments, your feedback, and I'm very sorry that you felt this box was very bad all around. We truly want to have happy and pleased Clients all around and not all subscription boxes are tailored to certain subscribers expectations. From these opinions that we have gathered, we are more than happy to service your missing item plus gift you samples, but we cannot as a company have these opinions of our offerings as very cheap or free and we feel it best that you would be perhaps much more comfortable with another subscription service. Our apologies regarding your missing free gift once again and we do hope we were fully able to explain our company as best as possible and why we are really very concerned that your first box was so cheap and not of value to you. We do appreciate your subscription to May. We value all our Clients but we highly sense your opinions would not change based on our future boxes. Apologies again for your missing item.

So many things.

1. I love Wet 'n' Wild but they are an inexpensive drugstore line with the vast majority of products $5 or less. So yes, it's cheap.
  2. So rather than satisfy a customer she rather cancel their order. Typical.
  3. Wholesales buyers now huh.
  4. Is she really claiming sponsorship with Betsy Johnson?
  5. I know someone who works with the founders of Too Faced. I wonder if Too Faced is aware that RCB is distributing their products.
  6. Well, cheap is a relative term but considering that RCB has purchased from EBay and other "3rd party vendors" I would say cheap as well.
  7. Why not just go to Walgreens and buy Wet 'n' Wild? Sheesh. Such a fuss over a drugstore line!
  8. So is she saying that she's using the money from customers to buy the stuff and doesn't have stuff on hand? IF her business was successful she'd have the items AHEAD of time.

As much as I dislike Patty and RCB I DID read the customer's rants and frankly the customer went a little nutty with all of those wall posts (but RCB can drive a person nutty). LOL Considering that Patty has gone off on people as well I feel that she got what she dished out so I don't feel sorry for Patty at all.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I'm going to break it down since it's hard to read like that! LOL

So many things.

1. I love Wet 'n' Wild but they are an inexpensive drugstore line with the vast majority of products $5 or less. So yes, it's cheap.
  2. So rather than satisfy a customer she rather cancel their order. Typical.
  3. Wholesales buyers now huh.
  4. Is she really claiming sponsorship with Betsy Johnson?
  5. I know someone who works with the founders of Too Faced. I wonder if Too Faced is aware that RCB is distributing their products.
  6. Well, cheap is a relative term but considering that RCB has purchased from EBay and other "3rd party vendors" I would say cheap as well.
  7. Why not just go to Walgreens and buy Wet 'n' Wild? Sheesh. Such a fuss over a drugstore line!
  8. So is she saying that she's using the money from customers to buy the stuff and doesn't have stuff on hand? IF her business was successful she'd have the items AHEAD of time.

As much as I dislike Patty and RCB I DID read the customer's rants and frankly the customer went a little nutty with all of those wall posts (but RCB can drive a person nutty). LOL Considering that Patty has gone off on people as well I feel that she got what she dished out so I don't feel sorry for Patty at all.
Had this been a "normal" company I would have felt bad for them. Instead I just laughed. She should have kept her response short and to the point. Oh... and in private. LOL

The drama continues! Obviously no one around here subscribes, so who on earth is still subscribing to her junk box!?

Some people just don't know any better. Maybe they heard about her before subs like birchbox and ipsy. 

There's about 5 or 6 of them! They haven't been removed yet. I noticed there's a "sister" FB page Red Carpet Parlour where she sells handbags. Interesting...

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are those the Little Black Bag purses she buys?
I've never subbed to LBB so I'm not sure what they have but that was my first thought.

I checked it out. I've only seen 1 of the purses on LBB before and that was a year and a half ago. I might be a lil bit of an LBB addict..

Latest posts

Back