Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by GlitterandGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my hands on Sweetheart the other day! I love it so much! I now have 4 of them. I really want to get Honey and Smitten for fall.
i want sweetheart! >;[

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to try one of these!!! I'm just not sure which one to get!
That's exactly what I am thinking, as I look at everyone's photos. There are a few that would be fun to try. These are the kinds of things I wish had little sample sets available to buy.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love these things, but has anyone twisted them out to see how much product there is? An inch and a quarter...not a lot for 7 or 8 bucks...

Does a little go a long way, or does it seem like you really need to give yourself a few coats for it to look good each application? Seems like all lip stuff is so pricey these days.

I may or may not have bought all 12 of these. I showcased six of them on my blog a couple of months ago and to this day it's my most popular post!

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I looked at these in the store, but had trouble trying to decide, partly because I was curious what they looked like on lips.

vicckyhoang, I was wondering about Lovesick.  In the tube -it  looks really too bright and pink for my taste. But seeing it on your lips, it looks like a great color. Do you find that in stick/tube form it looks much more bright and pink than how it looks when you apply it?

Also, Smitten looks really dark in the stick/tube form, but on your lips it looks great. Do you think that one comes out not as dark and intense when you apply it? Do they all seem more intense in the tube, but go on a little lighter and less intense?

Did you use any lip balm or moisturizing lip stuff or gloss along with it, or is the Kissable Balm Stain moisturizing? (I tried a lip stain once in the past and my lips looked really dry with it and I had to aways add some gloss over it or moisturizing lip balm).

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I looked at these in the store, but had trouble trying to decide, partly because I was curious what they looked like on lips.

vicckyhoang, I was wondering about Lovesick.  In the tube -it  looks really too bright and pink for my taste. But seeing it on your lips, it looks like a great color. Do you find that in stick/tube form it looks much more bright and pink than how it looks when you apply it?

Also, Smitten looks really dark in the stick/tube form, but on your lips it looks great. Do you think that one comes out not as dark and intense when you apply it? Do they all seem more intense in the tube, but go on a little lighter and less intense?

Did you use any lip balm or moisturizing lip stuff or gloss along with it, or is the Kissable Balm Stain moisturizing? (I tried a lip stain once in the past and my lips looked really dry with it and I had to aways add some gloss over it or moisturizing lip balm).
Lovesick is a hot pink/fuscia with purple iridescent.  When swatched or on my lips, it looks like the same shade that you would see in the tube.

Top Lip - Nothing

Bottom Lip - Lovesick

Smitten looks really dark but it actually is lighter when you swatch it. It's such a beautiful raspberry pink!

I guess that it all depends on the pigmentation of your lips but those 2 would have to be my favorites!

Hopefully I helped you a little bit! :]

By the way, Ulta is having a sale on them right now! 40% off! Go get 'em girl!

Oh, and it also doesn't dry out my lips! I didn't use any balm or anything before applying these babies! :]

I have smitten, I hate it alone, but it really does keep color on my lips all day. I just have to top with something else. I really like these, very good quality & moisturizing. I might go for lovesick next time.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lovesick is a hot pink/fuscia with purple iridescent.  When swatched or on my lips, it looks like the same shade that you would see in the tube.

Top Lip - Nothing

Bottom Lip - Lovesick

Smitten looks really dark but it actually is lighter when you swatch it. It's such a beautiful raspberry pink!

I guess that it all depends on the pigmentation of your lips but those 2 would have to be my favorites!

Oh, and it also doesn't dry out my lips! I didn't use any balm or anything before applying these babies! :]
Thanks, that helps a bit. I am guessing that as much as I like Lovesick, I won't like it on me. I'll probably think it's too bright. But I love how it looks on you. Smitten might be better, since it seems to not come out as dark as the tube. I like that a lot in your pictures. But I might chicken out when I buy one, and get Honey. It looks pretty light. But if I feel daring, I might go with Smitten. Adore and Precious look like maybe's to me also, only if I am feeling daring.

I have never heard of Ulta. Is that an online store, or a regular store in your town, like a drugstore? They must not be in my area. Bummer. 40% off would be great. I could buy 2 or 3 to test out and mix together. I'll have to keep an eye out for CVS or Riteaid or something near me. I really want something where when I drink something, I will still have some color left on my lips. But regular lipstick can be so drying. I like the smoothness of a balm, but if it "stains" too, that would be great.

Thanks for the help. Everyone who posts pics helps so much. I really appreciate it.I always spend time browsing makeup, especially lip color, then end up walking away with nothing because I am not sure how it will look on. I'm such a goober, lol!

Thanks, that helps a bit. I am guessing that as much as I like Lovesick, I won't like it on me. I'll probably think it's too bright. But I love how it looks on you. Smitten might be better, since it seems to not come out as dark as the tube. I like that a lot in your pictures. But I might chicken out when I buy one, and get Honey. It looks pretty light. But if I feel daring, I might go with Smitten. Adore and Precious look like maybe's to me also, only if I am feeling daring.

I have never heard of Ulta. Is that an online store, or a regular store in your town, like a drugstore? They must not be in my area. Bummer. 40% off would be great. I could buy 2 or 3 to test out and mix together. I'll have to keep an eye out for CVS or Riteaid or something near me. I really want something where when I drink something, I will still have some color left on my lips. But regular lipstick can be so drying. I like the smoothness of a balm, but if it "stains" too, that would be great.

Thanks for the help. Everyone who posts pics helps so much. I really appreciate it.I always spend time browsing makeup, especially lip color, then end up walking away with nothing because I am not sure how it will look on. I'm such a goober, lol!
Ulta has a website >> Ulta.com

I'm glad that I can help you out! =] You can also blot these down if you want..

I have precious, darling, and charm and I regularly wear each, although precious is more of an all-the-time look than the darling (which fades to a bright stain). Love them all. Precious is just a great nude-ish lip look and charm is peachy and a bit lighter and brighter. Probably more of a warm weather shade here. Was not a big fan of honey; it was just meh for me.

If you are a goober then I am a great big goober too!!  LOVE the advice and swatches. I am the goober on my iPhone at Ulta, Sephora, etc. checking reviews, LOL.

Lol - good, then I am not alone in my gooberness! ;p

I used to always hate buying a makeup that then didn't look good on me and wasting it, but in this economy it just kills me! I have gotten so frugal and I just hate wasting even a penny. I never would have thought to look up people's reviews and pics online so I am so glad I stumbled upon this website. It's great seeing photos of what the stuff looks like on.

I was at Walmart the other day and someone had opened one lip stain, so since it was already open, I tried it on my hand. It was too bright for me. It just made me wish there was one of each color open. I love when once in a while the brand has actual samples open for people to see, but that seems so rare.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Top Lip - Nothing

Bottom Lip - Lovesick

Love how you swatched the lip Vicky! It's so hard to tell how lippies are until you see how pigmented someone elses are. Thank you!

I have been using this product for a few weeks now...not because I bought it but it was given to me. They're good for short term wear but not long term. These things are so drying!! My lips are left so chapped and ugly. The color is still there but the moisturizer comes off. I still wear it because I don't waste makeup. I just have to follow this lip stain with an actual chap stick later on. Glad I didn't waste my own money on this.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love how you swatched the lip Vicky! It's so hard to tell how lippies are until you see how pigmented someone elses are. Thank you!
thank you! =] it looked really funny but I just wanted to show everyone how pigmented my lips are..

I have this in two colors, Honey and Precious. I love them! I've had them since they launched, and I had only used them for night time looks until this week, but for some reason Monday morning I picked up my balm stain in Honey rather than another lip stick. I put it on and forgot about it. Around lunch time, I glanced in the mirror, and my lips still looked great! This lasted through an entire morning, on a field trip to a museum with my first grade students, nonetheless! I was talking to my students and drinking from a water bottle all morning. I've now taken to wearing these daily! I don't find them to be drying at all. However, I keep a Nivea balm close by and am constantly applying it since I have naturally dry skin, so that may have something to do with it.

Back