Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought one of these yesterday (used the $3 off coupon from my target summer bag
biggrin.gif
) and I really really love it! I wanted to get the adore (reddish shade) but I didn't find it, so I got crush instead which was my 2nd choice... it's such a pretty shade of dark burgundy-mauve color (a little hard to describe). It looked like the "fairest of all"'s swatches above (thanks by the way, you made my decision much easier)
wink.gif
I don't know how this lipstick does it, but it manages to look like a very pigmented gloss without sticking and feeling gross on my lips, and when hours passed after eating, drinking and liking my lips it turned into a pretty matte stain that didn't fade unevenly or settle at the dry areas of my lips (like other stains do)... seriously, if I didn't already own a ton of lipsticks and balms, I would run and buy the rest of the shades now!!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay I'm so glad my swatches helped!!! Crush is definitely one of my favorites as well. I wore Adore out tonight...I absolutely love it. If your stores restock I would say it's worth picking up 
lovelovee.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay I'm so glad my swatches helped!!! Crush is definitely one of my favorites as well. I wore Adore out tonight...I absolutely love it. If your stores restock I would say it's worth picking up 
lovelovee.gif

Oh, I know, it looks so pretty! I probably wont be able to resist when/if I find it because it's such a wearable red shade (I'm usually afraid to wear bold red) and they seem to last so well on my lips! By the way, I also have cool undertones and pretty pigmented lips like you mentioned, so your picture gives me a great idea of how this would look on me
wink.gif
You should consider lipstick modelling.. haha
biggrin.gif

Ok, so I found Adore at Walmart yesterday, and of course I had to take it home
wink.gif
I wore it last night when we went to a mexican restaurant and after drinking and licking my lips many times, while I was eating my husband said "your lipstick didn't come off, huh!"... he never notices or says anything about my cosmetics, so this was a great compliment for those little balm stains
claps.gif
I hope you can see in the pictures how pretty the color is (sorry for the lighting)!

Ok, so I found Adore at Walmart yesterday, and of course I had to take it home ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wore it last night when we went to a mexican restaurant and after drinking and licking my lips many times, while I was eating my husband said "your lipstick didn't come off, huh!"... he never notices or says anything about my cosmetics, so this was a great compliment for those little balm stains :clap I hope you can see in the pictures how pretty the color is (sorry for the lighting)!
It looks SO pretty on you!! I'm not sure if you are into the deeper, wine stained look but I think crush would look great on you as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It looks SO pretty on you!! I'm not sure if you are into the deeper, wine stained look but I think crush would look great on you as well
smile.gif
Aw, thanks!
rolleyes.gif
I also love Crush, but I think I'll get more use out of that one in the fall/winter! I really believe that these two will turn all my other red lipsticks/stains useless. I already reach for them a lot and I'd prefer them over the others at any time! I can see now why you bought the whole collection!
wink.gif

Beauty junkie alert: "Don't try one of these or you'll want to buy them all"
icon_lol.gif

I finally found Honey!!!! It's like my lips but better. Maybe a shade darker than my actual lips. It's a great color. I have adore too and love it!!!

I got Lovesick and Honey but I want Sweetheart so much! I checked at Target, Walmart, and Walgreens -- no luck. My Walgreens doesn't even have them in stock yet. 

They were $8.99 at my local Walgreens. I picked up Cherish and Charm~ Buy one, get one half off. Plus, there was a coupon for $2 off. In addition, I picked up a FIT me blush in "light rose." All three items for $19 isn't so bad :]

edit: initially wrote Rite Aid my mistake.

They are buy one get one half off at Walgreens right now and there's a one dollar coupon for Revlon products in the coupon book inside Walgreens. They used the $1.00 off any Revlon product on both of mine too!

Oh my gosh! I keep walking by these in the stores and i havent been able to get myself to pick a few up. BUT now i will!!! Thanks for the post ladies!

I love 'em, but it is strange how everyone else's pics of them makes them so much shinier than they show up on me....

What colors do you have? I found smitten, adore, and lovesick to be much glossier than the rest.
Not sure, but I will check and if I don't have those, will give them a closer look. I know I have the kinda rust/brick shade....it's almost MATTE on me.

yes, they are beautifull! Too many cosmetics need a case to hold. Aluminum make up case is usually my choice.

I REALLY want to get my hands on some of these, but sadly that is something that probably won't happen for a while. When I have asked about them at our Revlon counters, the assistants don't even know what I am talking about. They all think I mean the lip stains with the felt tip. It is SO frustrating that Australia is always so far behind the rest of the world in getting some lines of cosmetics. In some cases we don't get them at ALL. I am sure that Canada will see them before us. The other problem is that we pay around triple (sometimes more) when we finally can get them. I see the prices you guys in the US can get things for and it makes me shudder when I compare that to our prices. For example, our usual price for Revlon lip butters is around $22 I think. I have picked a few up recently for $15.35 each when they were on sale at 30% off. It was cheaper for me to order some through Amazon for approx. $6 and add around $3 each for postage from the US. I may have to see if the Kissable Lip Balm Stains are available through Amazon as well. Oh, and our Aussie dollar is pretty much at par with the US one, so you won't have to do any conversions. Oh dear... What started out as a simple comment about my desire for getting my hands on these has turned into a rant. Sorry everyone. Perhaps it is time for me to go to bed and sleep off my frustration. Good night all.

Originally Posted by MakeUpDownUnder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I REALLY want to get my hands on some of these, but sadly that is something that probably won't happen for a while. When I have asked about them at our Revlon counters, the assistants don't even know what I am talking about. They all think I mean the lip stains with the felt tip.

It is SO frustrating that Australia is always so far behind the rest of the world in getting some lines of cosmetics. In some cases we don't get them at ALL. I am sure that Canada will see them before us. The other problem is that we pay around triple (sometimes more) when we finally can get them. I see the prices you guys in the US can get things for and it makes me shudder when I compare that to our prices. For example, our usual price for Revlon lip butters is around $22 I think. I have picked a few up recently for $15.35 each when they were on sale at 30% off. It was cheaper for me to order some through Amazon for approx. $6 and add around $3 each for postage from the US. I may have to see if the Kissable Lip Balm Stains are available through Amazon as well.

Oh, and our Aussie dollar is pretty much at par with the US one, so you won't have to do any conversions.

Oh dear... What started out as a simple comment about my desire for getting my hands on these has turned into a rant. Sorry everyone. Perhaps it is time for me to go to bed and sleep off my frustration. Good night all.
I know exactly what you mean... I was born and raised in Greece (I just study and live in the US the past 3 years) and cosmetics like maybelline, l'oreal and revlon that are pretty cheap here are so expensive there. For example, a l'oreal mascara that I saw sold for $6 at walmart, I saw it sold for 18 euros (about $22) there... and I don't get why since l'oreal is a european brand!
icon_rolleyes.gif
  Of course anything new would have to take like a century to get there and of course a few things don't even get there at all. I always buy cosmetics here at target and walmart and send to my sister and mother, because it is much cheaper this way (even with the transatlantic shipping costs included).
icon_eek.gif

Back