Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was finally able to get my blog review of these up. It's not love. :/
Just read your review. Sorry you didn't like them! Have you tried exfoliating your lips or applying a moisturizing balm beforehand? I've read 2 other reviews on them where the people had dry lips and they did look very patchy and fade much faster. I guess they aren't forgiving in that respect

I have five of these things and I am so tempted to go back for more! Adore and Crush are definitely on my list, as I have a few RiteAid bucks burning a hole in my purse!  My favorite is Sweetheart... it's what I wanted Lollipop to be in the Lip Butter range!

The Lip Butters have like zero wear time on me...hmmm...maybe I should layer a LB over the stain.....

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Lip Butters have like zero wear time on me...hmmm...maybe I should layer a LB over the stain.....
I've layered my tutti frutti over rendezvous and the lip butter still wore off like nothing and only the stain was left. I don't even reach for my lip butters anymore

Funny that you don't care for the Lip Butters, either. Everyone was soooo over the moon for them when they came out, but my take on 'em is they FEEL awesome, but are off my lips faster than a chapstick.

I like them, but they are also a little too soft for my liking. I can't even keep them in my purse or else they will melt if I'm outdoors for a short while (I live in Florida). 

Well I finally got my hands on one of these (my mom is the best hehe) and I gotta say, I'm disappointed. Nowhere near as good as a tarte lipsurgence, I find they don't go on as smooth and they are very drying. What a bummer. Good thing I already have 3 of the tartes otherwise I'd be really sad. I much prefer lip butter or revlon lipstick. 

Originally Posted by mjbono /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really care much for these. They just aren't that moisturizing and seem to dry my lips out. ):
Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was finally able to get my blog review of these up. It's not love. :/
Thanks for the info ladies. I'm going to have to pass on these now. Stains without moisturizer are the worst.

I have 5 of them and DO love them! I think that to love them...you have to not think of them as Tarte Lip Surgence dupes. The best way to describe the feeling of them is an EOS lip balm. They dont glide on like a lipsurgence, nor do they give the same glossy look. They definitely leave a hydrated look to the lips.

I have found that I have to pay close attention when putting these on to make sure that I put these on evenly. I've realized that in trying to use them as a lip liner as well, I concentrate too much on my lip line and therefore they wear off unevenly. If I make sure to put on extra on my actual lips, I find them to last for a decent amount of time 2-4 hours depending on how long I waited before eating/drinking. 

Also, I have noticed that these darken up over the course of the day. As I re-apply the stains seem to get darker/brighter. My soft lilac shade Darling turned into an almost Lovesick shade -- which WAS gorgeous, but a little disheartening that I couldnt keep the purple shade I started with.

I say they are worth a shot...and if you don't like them, you can always swap me for them! I'm collecting them all, lol. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just bought my first one yesterday...I got the color Charm (peachy nude).  It looks so pretty when you put it on (although you can notice the "chapped lips" effect almost instantly), but after wearing it for 1-2 hours it looks like I had just eaten a big bag of cheetos. My lips are now orange and peeling. Now I feel like I need to go scrub them clean and start over! Good thing I bought this with a $3 off coupon. Won't be buying any more of these, which sucks because I have been looking for a good Lipsurgence dupe.

I bought one of these in Lovesick.  Have yet to try it yet.  it took me FOREVER to be able to find anywhere that had them!  Target, Ulta, CVS were sold out so I went to Rite Aid and they had some but not many.  At CVS they were 9.79, Target 7.79 and Rite Aid 8.99

I love them!!! i have rendevouz and lovesick! i highly recomende the lip butter they are amazing!!!

Originally Posted by MsKimiKiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 5 of them and DO love them! I think that to love them...you have to not think of them as Tarte Lip Surgence dupes. The best way to describe the feeling of them is an EOS lip balm. They dont glide on like a lipsurgence, nor do they give the same glossy look. They definitely leave a hydrated look to the lips.
I agree that the feeling of the product has the same consistency as the EOS lip balms but they are nothing like them! I love those & they're super hydrating. These are cute and colorful, but they are not hydrating by any means...I don't have lip surgences so I can't compare them to that...

Finally got around to doing swatches!!! 
laughing.gif

L-R: Rendezvous, Romantic, Adore, Crush, Smitten, Lovesick, Sweetheart, Cherish, Darling, Honey, Charm

Here is what they look like after a full 24 hours of fading

And here are pictures of each applied on my lips

Rendezvous

Romantic

Adore

Crush

Smitten

Lovesick

Sweetheart

Cherish

Darling

Honey

Charm

This is what smitten looks like after 5 hours of fade time on my lips with nothing else applied. The stain did not get patchy of fade unevenly at all

And finally took a picture to try and show how shiny the finish is. I've heard a lot of people say they have a matte finish and look dry on the lips, but I personally think they are super shiny and moisturizing

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got around to doing swatches!!! 
laughing.gif

L-R: Rendezvous, Romantic, Adore, Crush, Smitten, Lovesick, Sweetheart, Cherish, Darling, Honey, Charm

Here is what they look like after a full 24 hours of fading

And here are pictures of each applied on my lips

Rendezvous

Romantic

Adore

Crush

Smitten

Lovesick

Sweetheart

Cherish

Darling

Honey

Charm

This is what smitten looks like after 5 hours of fade time on my lips with nothing else applied. The stain did not get patchy of fade unevenly at all

And finally took a picture to try and show how shiny the finish is. I've heard a lot of people say they have a matte finish and look dry on the lips, but I personally think they are super shiny and moisturizing

very pretty! i want 7 of these colors! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can't wait to get the ones that I want

Awesome swatches! Those do look super shiny, like a gloss finish. I think I'll take the plunge and try one after I get my coupons from my Target bag. Thanks @Fairest of all!

Back