Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn my no-buy! Haha. I was going to pick a few up on my last run to Target, but they were completely wiped out. I refuse to buy them at my local Rite Aid or CVS because they always jack up the price on cosmetics. I'll have to see if Target restocked when I go to pick up things for my 20 dollar makeup challenge. They all look so amazing. How am I ever going to restrict myself? Haha. 

Thanks for the swatches... they do look glossy! I wish I had all these shades! I really love adore, crush and lovesick.. I think they would look great on my light, cool toned skin!

So the consensus is they leave more of a stain than Lipsurgence?  I actually have a lot of problems with mine, it feels great going on, but dries out and doesn't last through a cup of coffee on me, which is kind of a necessity if you drink as much coffee as me.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm afraid these are going to dry me out a lot if the Lipsurgence does, but I've got that Target coupon now...

I hated my Lip Surgence because I got one that was matte. The Revlon Lip Stains are sooo much better for me. I have Adore and Smitten. Both are gorgeous I think. I reallllly want Honey but it's sold out everywhere I go.

I'd agree that the Revlons are much more of a stain than the tarte. I just wish the one brick red had the shimmer...I usually layer that UNDER the tarte so that the color lasts a bit longer ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ended up caving and picking one up in the shade Honey. Really liking it thus far. Was a bit worried after people mentioned it was drying, but I experienced none of that yet. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up caving and picking one up in the shade Honey. Really liking it thus far. Was a bit worried after people mentioned it was drying, but I experienced none of that yet. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I would die to have Honey! I've checked everywhere in my town and it's sold out. Drugstore.com is sold out, none on amazon, CVS.com is sold out, walgreens.com is sold out. I'm jealous you found it!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would die to have Honey! I've checked everywhere in my town and it's sold out. Drugstore.com is sold out, none on amazon, CVS.com is sold out, walgreens.com is sold out. I'm jealous you found it!
Aww. Hopefully the buzz will die down soon enough. It took me three visits to Target until they had any at all in stock. When I got Honey, there were only a few shades, including that one and each had one! I was shocked. 

I really like these! I'm usually allergic to a lot of lip products, but this one isn't too bad. It does dry out my lips but not terribly bad. It is a little bit bad though when my lips are chapped/flakey, and sometimes the edges of my lips look weird after it wears off.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got around to doing swatches!!! 
laughing.gif

L-R: Rendezvous, Romantic, Adore, Crush, Smitten, Lovesick, Sweetheart, Cherish, Darling, Honey, Charm

Here is what they look like after a full 24 hours of fading

And here are pictures of each applied on my lips

Rendezvous

Romantic

Adore

Crush

Smitten

Lovesick

Sweetheart

Cherish

Darling

Honey

Charm

This is what smitten looks like after 5 hours of fade time on my lips with nothing else applied. The stain did not get patchy of fade unevenly at all

And finally took a picture to try and show how shiny the finish is. I've heard a lot of people say they have a matte finish and look dry on the lips, but I personally think they are super shiny and moisturizing

I'm really jealous of how these look on you! I got the "Romantic" and it's orange on me and completely unflattering. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know I'm late on the bandwagon but I hated these :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I have very pigmented lips and these didn't evenly tint mine.  The color faded oddly and I felt it even dried my lips a little. I wanted to love it so bad so I bought three and tested them but oh well.

So I finally found Honey and the deal was buy one get one half off. I was going to get the other one that looked similar to my Tarte (the Tarte shade is called Exposed and is again a true matte, the similar-looking Revlon was, I believe, Charm), but I went all nutty and got Darling instead.

My absolute favorite color on my lips is the Tarte LipSurgence called Hope, which is a true matte. Honey is sort of in the same family but not as "rose." While I prefer the color and look of the Hope, so far I have found the Revlon Honey shade a bit more moisturizing and it does look better to me after the really glossy look wears off. I am a bit nervous after reexamining the swatches to try the Darling, but again once it doesn't look as shiny I think I may like it. I will have to test-drive with coffee drinking tomorrow. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In a nutshell, these are a nice change and I think will be good to keep in my purse, especially for summer. On me though, there is something just so fab about the matte matte matte of Tarte. Wish it was a bit more moisturizing but I will trade that for the look I get and slather my lips with balm at home at night. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

UPDATE: The Darling is beautiful. I like it better than the Honey. Pretty and summery. Will never let my Tarte Hope go, but the Revlon Darling will get a lot of use from me.

Got Precious today so I can finally have the whole set. I REALLY like it!! I thought it was going to give me concealer lips, but it's a perfect sheer nude color. It's a little more neutral in real life I have really pigmented lips so it makes everything lean pink. 

I want all of these! I really hope they're as great as all you guys are saying. My boyfriend and my wallet are gonna be pissed I trust you guys so much:)

I was wearing Darling yesterday and someone loved it and asked what it was. This was after it had been on a while so it had become the stain...bright fuschia. Surprised the heck out of me the first time I put on the lovely purple and looked in the mirror after a while to find fuschia.
icon_lol.gif

I got lovesick, and it is so super bright for me!! The first time I put it on I was very disappointed and thought I'd never use it.  I tried again though and just put a little on.  The color gave me a pop without being overwhelming, and it did still stain my lips.  I didn't notice any drying, which is actually a problem I have with my lipsurgences!  And on the upside... I guess it will probably last me forever!

I just bought a couple of them today! 

I haven't seen them anywhere in Canada yet, I've been looking everywhere, but I went to buffalo today and found them at walmart. They were practically sold out. 

I can't say too much on them since i just bought them and wore them for a day, but first impression, they're really really good.

In the morning my lips were really chapped and flaky (gross i know) and i just wore them under some lip gloss. Reapplied once or twice and now (8 hours later) my lips are so soft!

They have a tiny minty feel to them, it's very subtle though.

But yea, can't wait to see them in Canada. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Polished10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I have got to keep an eye out for these! I have some by Clinique & Tarte and am obsessed with them. I love 'em!
Do you mean the chubby sticks?  Is there a good nude color?

I just bought one of these yesterday (used the $3 off coupon from my target summer bag
biggrin.gif
) and I really really love it! I wanted to get the adore (reddish shade) but I didn't find it, so I got crush instead which was my 2nd choice... it's such a pretty shade of dark burgundy-mauve color (a little hard to describe). It looked like the "fairest of all"'s swatches above (thanks by the way, you made my decision much easier)
wink.gif
I don't know how this lipstick does it, but it manages to look like a very pigmented gloss without sticking and feeling gross on my lips, and when hours passed after eating, drinking and liking my lips it turned into a pretty matte stain that didn't fade unevenly or settle at the dry areas of my lips (like other stains do)... seriously, if I didn't already own a ton of lipsticks and balms, I would run and buy the rest of the shades now!!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back