Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Honey and Adore today. You can't see honey on me. At all. Adore is sort of orangey on me but will be nice for fall. Guess I need to try some dark pink ones since they are so sheer on me.

I am firmly in the minority on this one, but to me honey was just ok. I tried it a few times and ended up trading it for some skincare things because I realized I would never wear it. I do love precious and wear it all the time. There is another color I want to try too but I need to wait and use more of the lipcolors I already own.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am firmly in the minority on this one, but to me honey was just ok. I tried it a few times and ended up trading it for some skincare things because I realized I would never wear it. I do love precious and wear it all the time. There is another color I want to try too but I need to wait and use more of the lipcolors I already own.
rolleyes.gif
i didn't like honey as much either... it was just ok. it was tooo BUTTERY. >.<

I wore Honey for the first time today and I was surprised at how well it stained my lips.  It's a good work safe color for me.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wore Honey for the first time today and I was surprised at how well it stained my lips.  It's a good work safe color for me.
I wanted to like honey so bad. If it was the same color as the container it came in, I'd be in love. It just doesn't even show on me. Looks like I put a clear gloss on. I did love how it felt though. I'm going back to get Crush.

Here are the first 3 Kissable's that I got - Sweetheart, Crush, and Rendezvous:

Here is Sweetheart and Rendezvous together - I like this color!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love these things, but has anyone twisted them out to see how much product there is? An inch and a quarter...not a lot for 7 or 8 bucks...

my bf did that... and said that it wasn't worth it =[

It looks like what you would get in a regular size lipstick to me?  I check one of mine out when I get home.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to try one of these!!! I'm just not sure which one to get!
Honey is my favorite next to Adore...Honey is not the same color as the packaging tube, it's much more pleasant than the color of the tube lol!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honey is my favorite next to Adore...Honey is not the same color as the packaging tube, it's much more pleasant than the color of the tube lol!
Good to know!! Thanks Scooby!

I have a few of these and I feel like some look quite a bit different on me than swatches I've seen.  I know this is due to the stain factor, but still.  What amuses me is that I finally got around to picking up honey and it's like my lips but better in that that it's pretty much the spot on pigmentation of my lips.  The color stays pretty much the same even after slathering it on.  The only difference is the finish which is significantly more of a balm than a stain.  Also, rendezvous looks way lighter on me than swatches I've seen.  Those are the qualities of a stain, though, so it makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is that I expect more lasting power from a stain. These don't last long on me, but most things don't wear long on me anyway.

I should do some swatches at some point.  I know these have been swatched to death, but it's always nice to see how they show up on a few different people.

Also, I am finding myself liking these less as time goes on possibly due to lack of staying power on me personally.  I prefer the texture of the lip butters which I re-discovered after picking up a few more at a recent sale.  Since they both honestly last about as long it's a toss up.  Still, I enjoy both quite a lot as drugstore products.  I'm realizing more and more how I've been heavily leaning towards Revlon products as of late.

I finally got my hands on Sweetheart the other day! I love it so much! I now have 4 of them. I really want to get Honey and Smitten for fall.

Back