RUDE Employees at MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to the MAC counters in London especially at Westfield shopping centre the girls will be giving you hard stares as soon as you walk in to the room..but you just have to have a IDGAF attutide LOOL

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me and my mom went to MAC ince a few years ago (for my mom not me) and the saleswomen were like stalking us bcs they thought I'd mess up the shelves or something. It felt like we were being distrusted. At the time I didn't even like makeup and my mom wouldn;t let me touch it so it was kind of a frustrating feeling.

I've actually never had this feeling at MAC, but the moment I feel like salespeople are following me in a distrusting way- I leave the store!

I really hate when they follow you at a distance- I'm not going to shoplift!

I have occasionally had rude service at MAC, but nothing was so offensive that it stuck in my mind~

This happened to me about twice. I walked into the mac store and they look at me like i'm about to steal something. I just walked past them and ignored them because at the end of the day if i'm not gonna steal then i don't really care what they think. Sometimes they dont even ask me for help. I felt quite ignored by some of the mac employees. However, some are amazing but some are stuck up.

Now that I have my MAC Pro card... I feel like going in my house cleaning clothes and go shopping. LOL See what they say to me. LOL

I've been to many MAC stores, counters, etc., but I can't say I've really encountered this problem. However, I'm aware that other ppl have. They're pretty friendly to me and let me do what I want, they just get me my products and aren't too intrusive. Some I've even become of first name basis with.

My mom was never into makeup, so I was a "late bloomer" as far as makeup was concerned. LOL! When I got my first job, I saved for ages to get a couple of hundred dollars. I had heard my friends talk about this MAC stuff and I wanted to be able to buy whatever it was that struck my fancy. Silly I know, but I was like 18, tops. So, I take my cash and go to the MAC counter.I stand there and wait. And wait. And wait some more. After 20 minutes (I was determined) of listening to the MAC customer service talk about whatever they could think of, a nice lady at Clinique next counter over asked if she could help me. I turned around and dropped a lot of $ there. As I was gathering my purchases, the sales consultant at MAC said, "I saw you here earlier, was there something I can get for you " umm .... no. I never have worn MAC or entered a store since. Sad for them. I grew up to be VIB at Sephora. LOL.!!!!

I've had some good experiences with the MAC workers, but I've also had a lot of bad experiences. Sometimes it seems as if they don't want to help you or that they aren't interested in what they're doing. I know dozens of girls who would kill to be MAC girls, including myself, and it seems as if they're taking their job for granted..

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have never had any problems at the MAC store I shop at, I think the counters in the department stores a tad less attentive.

I have found that Sephora is hard to get someone to help you in, although it is only because they are understaffed and very buys most of the time.
If you look like Katana they will be nice to you! LoL

No insult Katana-You are one gorgeous lady!

The MAC in the Bay, no matter what location it is, and at the stand-alone one in the Eaton Centre, I always get ignored. So needless to say, I'll take my money elsewhere. 

The Pro Store depending on who's working at the time, the (PT'ers) acknowledge me right away, to be fair to them, I do dress in caual graphic tees and in jeans or in bermuda cargo bottoms,  my hair is poofy because of the humidity and I am not clean shaven when I do my errands or do a make-up shop, so I definately don't look the part of your typical "MUA", and the only reason I get acknowledged so fast, is because they think I just walked into the wrong store and don't belong there. 

For example, the eye contact I get is: "Excuse me Sir can I help you? Because this is a girls' only store and clearly you must be lost..." I acknowledge back by bee-lining to a part of the store that's well away from the tester units. Then I have a "friend for life" as-they-say, as we talk shop, because now they know they've got an easy sale + commission for themselves.

The FT'ers that do know me, acknowledge me like a good buddy would, and they let me do my own thing and they periodically come around and ask if I need help. I much more perfer this casual greeting approach because it's not forced, and then I don't mind dropping $4 bills on product.

My fav MAC stores are the Pro Queen location and the one on Bloor. They seem to be more Pro friendly.

But the point is: don't ignore a potential customer. It's always nice being acknowledged right away, either verbally or visually.

Yup! I've gotten the up and down dirty look at Nordstrom and have been ignored at the counter. That's why I just walk on by now.

I have never had a good experience at a MAC counter. I refuse to buy from them now. I have never been treated like that at any other makeup counter. There are so many other amazing products with gracious and informative sales people, good prices and a great company reputations. I realize some people purchase MAC as a status symbol and that is fine, it's just not my cup of tea. If I see something I love that is a cheaper brand, I grab it. If I see something I love that is expensive I am a bit more careful but if I want it, I purchase that too. Sometimes these companies need to be reminded that they work to sell us stuff. A few bad reviews even via word of mouth can really make a dent in their business, let alone negative reviews on the internet which potentially reach a ton of people.

I've only ever made one purchase at a MAC counter, which was my first and last. The sales lady was very nice and helpful, without being too pushy. That was 2 years ago? Every time since then, I have been ignored or treated rudely and tersely like I wasn't worthy or welcome. I don't appreciate it, especially when these MA's and consultants jobs are based around customer service! So what little MAC products I do own, I've received from others and never purchased myself. I make a point to wander to the counter and browse a few times a year, yet I always get the same response...or lack of. This happened again just last week. So, for me, MAC is definitely overrated and I'm not going to approach their counter or seek their makeup out anymore. I am not in the habit of supporting a business who's employees feel like they're slumming in doing their jobs and assisting a customer.

I've only been to MAC stores outside the US and it was always a pleasant experience, in fact it was usually a bit overwhelming because the consultants tend to get a little overenthusiastic telling you about all sorts of products and promotions and recommending things. This must be the US thing, and I'm sad to see that they are giving a bad name to such a good brand :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm actually thinking I might contact MAC, because my experience has been over the course of 2 years and they could have really made some money off me, if not for their employees. Don't know that I'll get a response, but it's worth a try.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually thinking I might contact MAC, because my experience has been over the course of 2 years and they could have really made some money off me, if not for their employees. Don't know that I'll get a response, but it's worth a try.
Link them to this thread. I don't think they'll care tho.

I had the worst experience the first time I went to a MAC counter a few months ago. I was so excited because I was going to pick out a blush. At the time, I didn't have any, whether they be higher end or drugstore. The sales associate was completely rude. He was helping some other girl in the makeup chair, who you could tell was going to spend a lot more money than my 20 dollar blush. I finally got him to pull me the color I wanted, then had to stand there and wait. He finally said to the other customer after five minutes, " Hang on, lemme go take care of her" Yes, I understand he was doing her makeup, but when you have another paying customer, no matter how much they are paying, you should be a bit more attentive than that in my opinion. I have been to the same MAC counter since and greeted by a much different response. Two of the most lovely ladies who not only helped me find what I was looking for, but also suggested what might go well with them. Every time I go there, I hope to see their smiling faces and not the rude man I got the first time around. 

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Link them to this thread. I don't think they'll care tho.
Probably not, but I did send an email to politely express my experiences at the particular MAC counter nearby. I have been to other ones and been received more warmly, but this is my "neighborhood" one and a person shouldn't have to travel farther or resort to online shopping because of lame CS lol. Oh well, I've done my part and can wash my hands of it.

Probably not, but I did send an email to politely express my experiences at the particular MAC counter nearby. I have been to other ones and been received more warmly, but this is my "neighborhood" one and a person shouldn't have to travel farther or resort to online shopping because of lame CS lol. Oh well, I've done my part and can wash my hands of it.
Ask for the name and contact info for the regional or district manager and direct your complaint to him/her. If you want better response, also ask for info for president/CEO and cc them too.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ask for the name and contact info for the regional or district manager and direct your complaint to him/her. If you want better response, also ask for info for president/CEO and cc them too.
Good advice!

Back