Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few fast dry topcoats that will do the job just fine without shrinkage. I have tried a lot of them and never found any of them that are nearly as shiny as Seche Vite. There are a lot of regular top coats that are amazing and shiny but they take forever to dry and quite frankly I don't have the time or desire to wait for them. So for now I use SV and it works for me.

I've always enjoyed my SV and it's been a go to for years now..It does thicken up, but I just dilute it with some thin drops and usually don't have a problem applying it. I did learn that the worst shrinkage is when I let my polishes dry and then use SV on top, so I've learned to apply it when my nails are still wet. I'd be open to trying other brands, but I want super shiny and fast drying, which I haven't really found to compare to SV yet lol.

Can anyone compare Seche Vitche with Essie's fast drying topcoat "Good To Go"?  I've been using the Essie and it's okay.  Wondering if anyone's tried both.  I dislike Essie cremes usually (but I do own a few), but tend to like their topcoats and LuxeEffect line.

I use "Good to Go" on the first day and the second day put on Essie's "No Chip's Ahead" over it - and my manicure's tend to really last and I abuse my hands (typing, horse, pole fitness class, dishes/laundry, you name it).  Seriously - I'm talking about HOURS and it's still goofy

If you use "No Chips Ahead" on freshly painted nails, even if they seem dry - it WILL NOT DRY and you'll think it sucks.  The secret is to use the following day!  I still give it 40 minutes to dry, but will drive/type/write once it's painted on if I need to.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone compare Seche Vitche with Essie's fast drying topcoat "Good To Go"?  I've been using the Essie and it's okay.  Wondering if anyone's tried both.  I dislike Essie cremes usually (but I do own a few), but tend to like their topcoats and LuxeEffect line.
I have used these both and Essie Good to Go is a fantastic top coat as well. It does dry almost as fast as SV and is shiny. It didn't last as long as manicures I do with SV so that is why I went back to SV. I do have to thin it occasionally, but if you collect polishes you will find that is true with any polish.

We were discussing in the nail section that everyone's body chemistry is different so that may be why certain products work better for some than others. I suspect the dry/oily factor and personal acidity levels may change the outcome for each individual. Also a lot of top coats have very specific usage, like using SV while nails are still wet. If you use it after they dry you have mega shrinkage. As you mentioned the No Chips Ahead doesn't work on even slightly wet nails. I think a lot of users do not follow proper procedures and therefore truly don't give products a fair chance. I know this because I used to be the person who just slapped it all on without reading instructions. Guess you could say I learned my lesson after having bad results. Live and learn...
smilehappyyes.gif

Back