Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope some of these items make it to the trade thread!  I am not a subscriber (missed the beginning was wait listed for months, then they were on a mostly skincare kick) but this box looks awesome!

LOL I'm unsubscribed but that's a VERY tempting box. The rest I could careless for but the nail polish is what has me... thing is, is it full size or mini size?

lippmannTopBanner.jpg

Gorgeous!! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL I'm unsubscribed but that's a VERY tempting box. The rest I could careless for but the nail polish is what has me... thing is, is it full size or mini size?
I think FS because next to the name, it doesnt say 'Deluxe Size' like the rest of the items do. If so, its worth the cost of the entire box, @ $18

This rocks! I am very excited for this one to come and really wish I wasn't paying $21 for Glossybox (I need to throw that in whenever I can)

This will be my first SS box sooooooooooooo excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I canceled Glossy for this one and it looks like i am going to be much happier with it.

Shelly

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And just so y'all know, signing up today gives you a "your box will ship sept 3"
BOOO! You're totally right! I knew I shouldn't have canceled, phooey. I signed up again anyway. Maybe September will be awesome like this box. I have only gotten two SS boxes and of the two, I only liked one item at all. I would have enjoyed nearly every item from this box, though! Well, I will enjoy having box envy as all you subscribers post raves about your stuff haha! I don't mind living vicariously through you guys a little, just for one month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm really curious about the last item. I'd love to try that... hmmmm...

lippmannTopBanner.jpg
I wonder if we're getting random colors. Just like what they did last month with the Vincent Longo lip liner and the Jouer LMT... I just hope I don't get a mint shade. If I do, I'm giving it away.

Has anyone actually gotten an e-mail confirmation that your box has shipped with a tracking number?  I haven't gotten that e-mail, which is weird because they usually ship so early in the month.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its posted!

This is what we are getting!!

• bdl-188_small2a.jpg
  • Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer, Private Dancer

elh-032_small2a.jpg
  • Elemental Herbology Skin Care Deluxe Sample

• jic-446_small2a.jpg
  • Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara, Black Ice Deluxe Sample

• phy-052_small2a.jpg
  • Phyto Phytonectar Oil Deluxe Sample

• ymb-068_small2a.jpg
  • Arcona Cranberry Toner Deluxe Sample

that is awesome! so stoked for this month!!!

Has anyone actually gotten an e-mail confirmation that your box has shipped with a tracking number?  I haven't gotten that e-mail, which is weird because they usually ship so early in the month.  
Yes, I got the email yesterday

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't and my dashboard hasn't updated yet. I emailed them to make sure everything was ok and she said it was. Hopefully it will all update Monday.

I just got an email with my tracking number, but the box hasn't shipped yet. It says so far only the label has been created, but the delivery ETA is Wednesday so maybe they'll actually end up shipping today.

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And wow I'm super excited about this month! Item #1 pretty much paid for the whole box, but I've also used #2 before and it's really good especially for sensitive skin. I was also eyeing #5 when picking my BeautyFix items but figured I'd rather go with another fullsize, so I'm happy it's in my SS box! I can see myself using everything, unlike last month when the lip liner ended up being too dark my liking.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think its a full size, only because all the other products that are listed on my Sample Society dashboard say "deluxe sample" and the polish doesn't say that.

If your interested in Deborah Lippmann or Butter London polishes, Nordstrom is having a buy 2, get 1 free sale.  I think the sale ends tomorrow (Sunday) night. 

I'm super-stoked for this months Sample Society box!  Every single item is a win for me. 

I love nail polish, but my neice is a nail polish junkie, so I usually give any nail polishes get in one of my sample boxes to my niece, but I'm keeping this one!  I looked at some swatches online, and its a gorgeous shade for the fall.  I almost purchased that mascara last week, but for some reason I didnt, so I'm glad to be getting the sample.  I have also been looking for a new facial toner, and I always love trying new hair care and skin care items, so I'm really excited for this box!

There is something about this time of year (end of summer, going into the fall) that makes me crave change, and trying new things.  I'm excited for this box, and cant wait to see what's in store this month with Birchbox!

Latest posts

Back