Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zadi, they are in the new Allure...I got mine today and it says Fall 2012 Special Issue.

Did anyone else try to enter any of the Allure August giveaways today?  I tried to enter using the scan master tag for 5 or 6 of the giveaways and every time I had a really hard time getting to the entry site.  I figured that they were probably bombarded with attempted entries, but geez they should have planned for that!
I had the same problem!! after about 6-7 attemps of scanning, I was finally able to enter.  Hopefully I wasnt too late.  Maybe someone brought this issue to their attentions and today will be a little easier. *fingers crossed* I REALLY want to win something, anything. I NEVER win stuff and I figure my chances are really good this month :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And im glad i came through this thread today, I didnt see the Ulta ads when quickly browsing through the fall Allure mag the other day. I will definitely look harder for the ads when I get home and take a trip to Ulta this weekend!!

Well dang... now to find my Allure magazine. I saw the $5 off $15 coupon which I tore out (and promptly lost) but didn't really see anything else.

Hi Sample Society Members-

The issue has been resolved.  Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.  If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call anytime at 1-888-696-0423.

Enjoy your August box!

-The BeautyBar.com Team

Originally Posted by BeautyBarDotCom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Sample Society Members-

The issue has been resolved.  Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.  If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call anytime at 1-888-696-0423.

Enjoy your August box!

-The BeautyBar.com Team
Thank you for taking the time to answer us here and me on Twitter. We appreciate the personal touch!

My dashboard has gone from saying SS would ship on the 1st, to the 6th, and is now saying tomorrow (the 3rd).  Please let it be tomorrow!

I waited for the authorization to hit my bank account, and then cancelled. Now the authorization is gone and so is my shipping date. I thought I was on track to cancel and still receive this month's box since the authorization was already submitted to my bank, but I'm not worried about it too much...I'm kinda meh about this sub anymore. I signed up for another sub instead...so if I don't get a box, oh well!

Thanks for the tip about the free samples!  I got my magazine last week, ripped out the coupon and set it aside!  Going to Ulta this weekend (got their catalogue a few days ago) and will get all my goodies!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So kind of off topic- i took my allure insider mag (it came in the mail monday for me) to Ulta and gave them those ads! SCORE! They also had a pretty sweet deal in store so I spent 24 bucks and got: hair brush ($7) <-- didn't need this for the sake of the purchase but my daughter hid mine and I can't find it)

Ulta nail polish $6

Ulta moisturizer: $15

and then i used the $5 off a purchase of $10 or more that came in the mag which brought my total to: $24 with tax.

And the rest of this stuff was free:

Edited: this was for spending 17.50 or more on ulta brand products:

cute makeup bag/clutch with the 13 pc makeup set (nice they had 3 styles to choose from) (all Ulta brand makeup)

this included: 3 pc brush set, Dual ended eyeliner, legendary lengths mascara, blush, lip gloss (mini), 2 eye shadow quads, nail polish (mini), lip stick, and moisturizer (sample sized)

and then this stuff i got for free with the ads in the mag:

foil pack of strivectin-sd power serum (.03oz)

bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream (.5oz)

Biolage Exquisite Oil replenishing treatment (.16oz/5ml) and $5 off coupon

Murad Intensice-C Radiance Peel (.33oz/10ml)

foil pack of Exuviance Targeted filler T5 (.03oz)

Kenra blow-dry spray (1.7oz/50ml)

I thought that was so awesome we get the mag for free and then even more free goodies with it! hurray for Sample Society!

There were i think 2 other offers I didn't use- one was for that Sebastian shampoo that came in GB but that's with purchase and doesn't start for a few weeks and the other was for a free product with $20 purchase of Wella. 

Ha, that's awesome about the Ulta pages in the Allure... I was wondering why it seemed like every other page was an Ulta ad.

I still haven't received my Allure. I called them a few weeks ago and they said yes I was a subscriber. Patience was never my strong suit lol.

If you go to Allures website and click the subscriber page, then input your address, name etc it will pull up your "account" and then it will tell you what will be your 1st month.  I am a regular subscriber and received my August sometime last week or the week before

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still haven't received my Allure. I called them a few weeks ago and they said yes I was a subscriber. Patience was never my strong suit lol.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you go to Allures website and click the subscriber page, then input your address, name etc it will pull up your "account" and then it will tell you what will be your 1st month.  I am a regular subscriber and received my August sometime last week or the week before
Thank you. I was supposed to get the July issue but I haven't so far. I'll just call them and ask again. Probably just a slip up. The good news is my August one should be here soon with everyone else's.

My dashboard is showing that my box has shipped and will be arriving today??  is that wishful thinking??
Do you have a tracking number? My order date is July 28 with an expected delivery date of yesterday. But the status is "in process", and there is no tracking number. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am falling out of love with Sample Society. The first two boxes weren't worth $15 bucks to me, and this organizational snafu isn't helping my mood.

Please no more issues!!!!

My account says that my box has shipped, but no tracking # is updated. 

My dashboard shows my next box will ship Sept 3rd.  But the August products are not on my dash yet. (still the July ones)

Hope there is just a lag and my tracking # will be there soon!

I subbed in late may and got junes box as my first month. I think late june early july I got mays issue. Then a week later I got junes. Then a week. Or two later I got july. I got august last week and the insider issue Monday. So it took a while but they caught me up on the issues I was supposed to get and now I'm all good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm march was my first box. I think I should have gotten issues before June then. Five months and one mag? 

Back