Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this sub too.  The luxe creams are what make me happy, whereas when I signed up I thought I'd be most excited about makeup products.  I hope the tax issue isn't applicable to Florida, but if it is, I'll still keep it because I like the brands that Sample Society carries.  That Jane Iredale lipstick was adorable but it was so tingly for me!  I have an extra, I think I'm going to put that one up on the trade boards so someone else can try the new one.  Some people like tingly, I think.  Can't wait to see what's on the lineup for this month.  The value of this sub (if you use/enjoy the products) seems to always be pretty high for the price point.   I like getting $40 - $50 boxes, it makes me feel like I'm getting a deal.  Of course, if you don't like or use the products, it's just a waste of money.  If I could justify it or afford it, I'd be tempted to get an extra of this sub because I always find at least two things that I really like and then I want to get more and it's expensive.  Like the Sisley anti-aging cream - that sample value is $25, makes the box for me right there and I'd love to have more extras of that along with the byTerry rose comfort cream and the Ren Mask.  Those little samples seem to last a pretty long time, I've gotten at least 4 or 5 masks out of the Ren sample.  Darn them though, for making me fall in love with crazy expensive beauty products!  It's like a drug dealer - they give you a little sample to get you hooked, ha ha.  What'll be the product of choice this month, I wonder?  I'm looking forward to the fall and having fall boxes soon, I like fall colors and products.  Come on hints!

i love ss and can't wait for my box! I have no complaints and i would much rather get this box for 15 than GB for 21. (i canceled GB) 

BTW-  I LOVE the allure magazine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That was really cool that there's the sample of the serum in the aug mag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love ss and can't wait for my box! I have no complaints and i would much rather get this box for 15 than GB for 21. (i canceled GB) 

BTW-  I LOVE the allure magazine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That was really cool that there's the sample of the serum in the aug mag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It does seem like Allure has samples in each of it's issues, doesn't it?  I tried the split end therapy one and really liked it.  I've seen BB cream samples too.  I love it when they do that, even if it's just a little sample.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does seem like Allure has samples in each of it's issues, doesn't it?  I tried the split end therapy one and really liked it.  I've seen BB cream samples too.  I love it when they do that, even if it's just a little sample.

I gotta call and make sure I get my subscription before i cancel.

I subbed to SS in April and just finally received my first Allure last week, which was the July edition. Hopefully, August comes soon! Interesting, I just read a news article last week about Conde Naste and other fashion/beauty publishers cutting back and scaling down on contents/pages because of consistent losses in sales and advertising.

I skipped Beauty Army this month, wasn't thrilled with the first day choices anyway, but am thinking about trying Sample Society.

Do I have to "apply" and wait for an invite?

Can I skip months?

Is there a profile?

Do I get any choices?

Thoughts please and as always, thank you for all your help!

Do I have to "apply" and wait for an invite?

As far as I know there is no waiting list.

Can I skip months?

No but you can cancel at any time.

Is there a profile?

Yes

Do I get any choices?

No. Everyone gets the same thing.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this sub too.  The luxe creams are what make me happy, whereas when I signed up I thought I'd be most excited about makeup products.  I hope the tax issue isn't applicable to Florida, but if it is, I'll still keep it because I like the brands that Sample Society carries.  That Jane Iredale lipstick was adorable but it was so tingly for me!  I have an extra, I think I'm going to put that one up on the trade boards so someone else can try the new one.  Some people like tingly, I think.  Can't wait to see what's on the lineup for this month.  The value of this sub (if you use/enjoy the products) seems to always be pretty high for the price point.   I like getting $40 - $50 boxes, it makes me feel like I'm getting a deal.  Of course, if you don't like or use the products, it's just a waste of money.  If I could justify it or afford it, I'd be tempted to get an extra of this sub because I always find at least two things that I really like and then I want to get more and it's expensive.  Like the Sisley anti-aging cream - that sample value is $25, makes the box for me right there and I'd love to have more extras of that along with the byTerry rose comfort cream and the Ren Mask.  Those little samples seem to last a pretty long time, I've gotten at least 4 or 5 masks out of the Ren sample.  Darn them though, for making me fall in love with crazy expensive beauty products!  It's like a drug dealer - they give you a little sample to get you hooked, ha ha.  What'll be the product of choice this month, I wonder?  I'm looking forward to the fall and having fall boxes soon, I like fall colors and products.  Come on hints!
your right, these subscription services are addictive!  I also subscribe to Birchbox.  What you said about if you dont like or use the products, its a waste of money is true, but several times I have rec'd a product, and thought I wouldn't like it or would never use it and then tried it and totally loved it.  Last month's Vincent Longo lip pencil is one of those products.  I never use lip pencil so wasnt thrilled to recieve this.  I got the Roseberry and Spring Rose shades.  I used it one day last week, and found that the Spring Rose shade matches the color of my lips exactly, and makes my lipstick or gloss look more polished.  Yesterday I wanted a little more color with my gloss, and used teh Roseberry shade first and put the gloss on top and it lasted a lot longer than the gloss by itself.   It's something I didnt think I liked, but it's becoming one of my favorite lip products. I guess thats the real purpose of these sample services.

Thank you for canceling then!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I canceled today, too. I have received two boxes and didn't really care for any of the contents of either, with the exception of the Jane Iredale lipstick. I am sure because I canceled this month will be awesome, though haha!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample Society ships tomorrow - yippee!
Really? I was thinking it wouldnt ship till next week. Yey!

Sample Society ships the beginning of every month! Woo..any ideas what we're in for? One last month of summer and we're into gorgeous fall!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sample Society ships the beginning of every month! Woo..any ideas what we're in for? One last month of summer and we're into gorgeous fall!
their website says they ship the first Monday of every month. Since yesterday was Monday, and July 30th, I reasoned that they would ship NEXT Monday, August 6th.

But thats cool with me, that they ship tomorrow.

grr crud! My est delivery date (which has been exactly right the last two months) is for Saturday and we're going on vacation friday morning! Was really hoping it wouldnt come until monday or tuesday (when we get back) now i need someone to pick up my mail :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

keep in mind i swear this is the ONLY time i'll ever complain about wanting mail to come later!!! lol

My dashboard just changed from Shipping the 1st, to Shipping the 6th....and my 'shipment tracking' says Estimated delivery Saturday the 4th. Curious!

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was anyone ever able to figure anything out from the teeny tiny picture?
AngeBrooklyn pointed out that the yellow item looked like Philosophy Here Comes the Sun. It's just a guess of course.

Back