Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is anyone else seeing this? I checked my bank statement but only one charge.  
It was a system error; the second charge was reversed almost as fast as it went out. At least, that's what I was told when I called about mine.

I also have 2 pending charges and I received one email saying they were unable to charge me. I will wait till tomorrow before contacting them.

They posted the following on FB.  

As some of you may have noticed, Sample Society members may have been charged twice for this month's box. Rest assured that we are working to resolve this issue quickly. Please stay tuned for updates. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-866-696-0423—we’re here for you 24/7.

[SIZE=11pt]Hi Makeuptalk-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As some of you have noticed, Sample Society members may have been charged twice for this month's box. Rest assured that we are working to resolve this issue quickly. Please stay tuned for updates via the BeautyBar.com Facebook page at [/SIZE]https://www.facebook.com/beautybar.com[SIZE=11pt].  If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-888-696-0423—we’re here for you 24/7.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The BeautyBar.com Team[/SIZE]

I called them and she said the same thing. Hopefully this will be cleared up fast.

Edit: Happy to see them posting here. Quick customer service makes me happy.

I just received the email below. While the double charge sucks, I respect them for notifying customers and fixing this so quickly. Sometimes glitches happen and they seem to be on top of things which makes me feel good.

Dear Valued Beauty Bar Customer,

As you may have noticed, there were two orders created and we attempted to process two credit card authorizations in error for your August Sample Society Box. This was a mistake and we are so sorry that this happened!

We are resolving this issue ASAP. Please be advised, you will only be charged once and you will only receive one box.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. Your August Sample Society box will still ship out for this month within the next few days. As usual, you will receive your shipment confirmation email message at the time the order is shipped.

Thanks so much for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue. As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Sincerely,

Customer Care team
TheBeautyBar.com

Yep! Got the same email. BeautyBar has great CS! Refreshing to have a company address the issues and work to fix them, rather than waiting to be called out or trying to hide mistakes.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep! Got the same email. BeautyBar has great CS! Refreshing to have a company address the issues and work to fix them, rather than waiting to be called out or trying to hide mistakes.
Couldn't agree more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[SIZE=11pt]I like that the BeautyBar.com Team came to us.  It means that we are important in the beauty review world.[/SIZE]

So kind of off topic- i took my allure insider mag (it came in the mail monday for me) to Ulta and gave them those ads! SCORE! They also had a pretty sweet deal in store so I spent 24 bucks and got: hair brush ($7) <-- didn't need this for the sake of the purchase but my daughter hid mine and I can't find it)

Ulta nail polish $6

Ulta moisturizer: $15

and then i used the $5 off a purchase of $10 or more that came in the mag which brought my total to: $24 with tax.

And the rest of this stuff was free:

Edited: this was for spending 17.50 or more on ulta brand products:

cute makeup bag/clutch with the 13 pc makeup set (nice they had 3 styles to choose from) (all Ulta brand makeup)

this included: 3 pc brush set, Dual ended eyeliner, legendary lengths mascara, blush, lip gloss (mini), 2 eye shadow quads, nail polish (mini), lip stick, and moisturizer (sample sized)

and then this stuff i got for free with the ads in the mag:

foil pack of strivectin-sd power serum (.03oz)

bliss triple oxygen+c energizing cream (.5oz)

Biolage Exquisite Oil replenishing treatment (.16oz/5ml) and $5 off coupon

Murad Intensice-C Radiance Peel (.33oz/10ml)

foil pack of Exuviance Targeted filler T5 (.03oz)

Kenra blow-dry spray (1.7oz/50ml)

I thought that was so awesome we get the mag for free and then even more free goodies with it! hurray for Sample Society!

There were i think 2 other offers I didn't use- one was for that Sebastian shampoo that came in GB but that's with purchase and doesn't start for a few weeks and the other was for a free product with $20 purchase of Wella. 

Zadi, they are in the new Allure...I got mine today and it says Fall 2012 Special Issue.

Did anyone else try to enter any of the Allure August giveaways today?  I tried to enter using the scan master tag for 5 or 6 of the giveaways and every time I had a really hard time getting to the entry site.  I figured that they were probably bombarded with attempted entries, but geez they should have planned for that!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait... what ads?
I tore the ads out of the mag and they took them and threw them away after i got the samples. 

I think 6 total freebies. All on Ulta Ads (which is like every other page) find the ads for the products i mentioned above. The Kenda Spray looks like a coupon, the rest are all kind  of in the fine print. 

I recycled this even though I saw the ads. I think I may dig it out and get some stuff

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zadi, they are in the new Allure...I got mine today and it says Fall 2012 Special Issue.

Did anyone else try to enter any of the Allure August giveaways today?  I tried to enter using the scan master tag for 5 or 6 of the giveaways and every time I had a really hard time getting to the entry site.  I figured that they were probably bombarded with attempted entries, but geez they should have planned for that!

Totally agree, fessing up to and correcting mistakes is one of the most mature behaviors a company (or individual) can engage in, and not admitting to them is one of the biggest red flags of character in people or corporations.

it really is. this is only my second month with beautybar and already I am very impressed with customer service.

With all of the issues going on with the subs now I'm going to switch them all over to pre-paid cc. That way once the money runs out they will have to contact you.

Back