Sample Society December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaichik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• alt-227_small2a.jpg
  • Alterna Caviar Dry Shampoo SS Deluxe Sample

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

•  

Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »  

Squee! I love mini lipstick samples! My account page says it should be here Wednesday.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I'm happy with this box. I have a feeling that SS is going to be so much better than BB this month.
I agree, although I'm getting two texturizing products this month, one from BB one from SS.  I guess I'll be sporting some potentially crunchy hair.  

I will have super moisturized skin getting a moisturizer in both boxes too.  Ha!  And Lippies!  

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Squee! I love mini lipstick samples! My account page says it should be here Wednesday.
I hope I get one too! I have kit A.

Yeah, I've had good luck with BB's customer service. I love that they have a 24/7 phone number, and real people answer.  I received the pore minimizer last month, so I'm hoping that's not in kit B. It's taking a lot of willpower to not call them and ask them to spill the beans on kit B!
I have to say, I am really impressed with BB's customer service!  They respond quickly and are really nice in their emails.  They immediately fixed the problem I had (it had charged an expired credit card) and were really nice besides.  I wish other companies would take a cue from them --- good service really increases my loyalty to a brand.  (By contrast, whenever I email Glossybox, which I've had to do twice, they aren't helpful at all and the responses sound automated)

So glad I found this brand through all of you and can't wait to receive my next box (Kit C!)

Kit A:

Sorry, I had to edit this a couple times to figure out how to put an image in the spoiler tag!  Ignore the spoiler box below... I can't figure out how to get rid of it. >_<  But clicking on the above will give the Kit A contents.

I'm really bummed. I ordered a 6 month subscription of this for my mom as a Christmas gift....she will be receiving Kit C, and I can only see her using two of the products in Kit C. She would use ALL the products in Kit A, four of the products in Kit B, and I can't remember what is in Kit D. She LOVES lipstick, and it looks like Kit C is the only one not getting lipstick! Ugh! Oh well.

I didn't see this one posted here.  My grandma order a 3 month gift sub for Christmas!  It doesn't say the kit on the order, just gift...weird.  Here is the snapshot:

Insert Image Here 

I am excited to try the Daily Microfoliant, Jane Iredale and IPKN BB cream.  It looks like I won't be getting any full sized products, but the products all seem very nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks like I won't be getting any full sized products, but the products all seem very nice!

This is only my 3rd month with Sample Society, but I haven't seen many full-sized products from them. The one exception was the Butter London nail polish, which I think was full sized? (but the same shade was on the sale rack at Ulta the day after I received my box). I actually prefer sample sizes (with sample size subscription prices) over boxes like Glossybox, where they justify their higher monthly price by providing more full-sized products, but I end up with full-size bottles of really expensive hair products I can't use, and it seems like a waste.

I recognize some of the products in the other kits from previous kits of mine, so don't despair if something's not in your box, it may be next month. Or there's always eBay/trading/calling the company and requesting the sample/etc.

OMG, especially Jane Iredale, I contacted them and inquired if they had any samples of a specific lip product, and they sent me an avalanche of little lipstick samples and I died and went to mini lipstick heaven. I
heart.gif
 Jane Iredale.

I got my box!  The lipstick is teeny tiny!

I got color # 113 which is a pink-ish nude color.  

I just called and canceled Sample Society while it was fresh on my mind.

I hate to be overly negative, but it's a nice subscription when it truly contains "deluxe" samples that last long enough to really get a feel for the product.  This month, I wound up with a powder exfoliant (which I'd say was truly deluxe sized) and samples for everything else (including a BB cream that doesn't match my skin) that were the size of or smaller than my pinky.  I'm never going to get a feel for if I'm able to appreciate a product or want a full sized version when it's a skin care product that I'm barely able to squeak three uses out of them.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry if I'm the negative Nancy in this group.

"Sample Society" = truth in advertising. I've only received 1 full sized product from them (nail polish), but to be fair, zero foil samples. Everything has been resealable, I think. I think Glossybox has the corner on high-end (occasionally) full size stuff, but it's also a pricier subscription. Can anyone recommend other beauty boxes besides Ipsy/BB that send out sample sizes of not-drugstore beauty products?

"Sample Society" = truth in advertising. I've only received 1 full sized product from them (nail polish), but to be fair, zero foil samples. Everything has been resealable, I think. I think Glossybox has the corner on high-end (occasionally) full size stuff, but it's also a pricier subscription. Can anyone recommend other beauty boxes besides Ipsy/BB that send out sample sizes of not-drugstore beauty products?
I really do agree with this statement. I never expected full sized products by any stretch, but I think I was hoping for larger sample more consistent with the skin brightener we got in November. However, those are just so few and far between that I fail to see $15 in value consistently. Even more, the site says that they give only "deluxe samples" so that you can really see how well a product works. While yes, these are resealable with more than one use, providing any sample in a specific color is risky and, again, I'm unsure how you'd make a determination on a product with the sizes provided this month. Maybe it's not the box overall I'm dissatisfied with, but just that I'm SO unhappy with this month's box that it overshadows any positive thoughts I had in regards to the brand. That said, they have excellent customer service.

Beauty Sage.  Not a subscription, but you can purchase in the beginning of each month when available.  Usually priced at $12, this month is $19 though.  Includes shipping, and deluxe samples that aren't a mystery.  You get to view before you buy. 

Kit A:
LL
Sorry, I had to edit this a couple times to figure out how to put an image in the spoiler tag!  Ignore the spoiler box below... I can't figure out how to get rid of it. >_<  But clicking on the above will give the Kit A contents.

I'm jealous! I'd rather the Ren than the Dermalogica scrub I got in Kit B.

I got Kit B and while I like the samples, I'm still pretty close to cancelling. I thought the $15 off $50 would be more useful to me than it is. I'll give it another month I think and then I'll probably cancel.

I dunno, Sample Society may be a little "boring" but at least A) I never get foil packets B) I never get hair ties or bobby pins and C) The brands really are high end.

For $15 for that guarantee, I still like it

Thanks for the Beauty Sage rec! Looks interesting

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I dunno, Sample Society may be a little "boring" but at least A) I never get foil packets B) I never get hair ties or bobby pins and C) The brands really are high end.

For $15 for that guarantee, I still like it

Thanks for the Beauty Sage rec! Looks interesting
I definitely like it, I'm just on the fence. I mean it did introduce me to IPKN, which is now my HG BB cream. We shall see. I'm excited to try the texturizer I got this month though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Beauty Sage.  Not a subscription, but you can purchase in the beginning of each month when available.  Usually priced at $12, this month is $19 though.  Includes shipping, and deluxe samples that aren't a mystery.  You get to view before you buy. 

If anyone is interested, the code JD574RKS works for 20% off on Beauty Sage, bringing the monthly box to $15.20 shipped. Also there's 4.5% back using Ebates but I'm not sure if you can use both.

I've been stalking this thread to decide on which sub to add, but another one I'm considering is One Radiant. $36 for 3 months, so it comes out to $12 a box, and they send 4-5 deluxe samples handpicked for your skin type. It's very much a skincare box, though, I don't see any makeup.

http://www.oneradiant.com/join/

Back