Sample Society December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question. Does this box ship from Beauty Bar or Allure (Conde Nast)? I have something coming via UPS that says it shipped from Conde Nast and weighs 3.5 lbs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question. Does this box ship from Beauty Bar or Allure (Conde Nast)? I have something coming via UPS that says it shipped from Conde Nast and weighs 3.5 lbs.
It always ships from Quidsi, I guess that's Beauty Bar. I got box C and it weighed 1 pound, so I think the Conde Nast is something else.

I liked Sample Society better than last month's or my Birchbox this month, but it wasn't exactly thrilling. I was glad to get

the Alterna dry shampoo because they were giving that out as a gift for one of Sephora's 25 Days special and I really wanted to try it, and I like Jane Iredale and want to try the Dermalogica. I'm not sure about the BB Cream because the reviews say it's for yellow tones and not rosey, so I may not try it.

Quote: Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It always ships from Quidsi, I guess that's Beauty Bar. I got box C and it weighed 1 pound, so I think the Conde Nast is something else.

I liked Sample Society better than last month's or my Birchbox this month, but it wasn't exactly thrilling. I was glad to get

the Alterna dry shampoo because they were giving that out as a gift for one of Sephora's 25 Days special and I really wanted to try it, and I like Jane Iredale and want to try the Dermalogica. I'm not sure about the BB Cream because the reviews say it's for yellow tones and not rosey, so I may not try it.
I see! Thank you for your answer! I guess I'll have to keep digging!

I have to give these guys their props for customer service. I got my box today minus the Alterna. Why this doesn't exactly break my heart (I have received enough different Alterna products already to float a battleship) there's a principle here. I called and explained to a very nice young an that I ad a missing product and without prompting, arguing or otherwise pouting (on my part) he right was offered to refund me $10. I said that was more than equitable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Beauty Sage.  Not a subscription, but you can purchase in the beginning of each month when available.  Usually priced at $12, this month is $19 though.  Includes shipping, and deluxe samples that aren't a mystery.  You get to view before you buy. 
ooo! A $10 off $30 + free ship coupon just popped up. I might have to give this a go. Do people who have only showers have any ingenious uses for bath salts?

ooo! A $10 off $30 + free ship coupon just popped up. I might have to give this a go. Do people who have only showers have any ingenious uses for bath salts?
They're always great for a foot soak and pedicure!

Yay! I got my box in the mail today. My Alterna dry shampoo was slightly ajar, which left the contents of the box a bit on the white and powdery side, but I have to deal with a leaker in just about every box living at 5280', and I'll take a dry leak over a wet leak any day of the leak, er, week, lol.

I already had an identical Alterna dry shampoo sample from Sephora(?), so I unscrewed the lid on the leaker and combined the two bottles in anticipation of the not-resealable pillow packet of Lulu Organics dry shampoo that I'm supposed to receive in my Birchbox in a few days. I had been willing to sacrifice another sample in a sifter jar, but my Bella Pierre eyeshadow narrowly escaped the hatchet and will live another day -- the new sample can live in the spare Alterna container. 

I guess I wasn't paying attention, because I was surprised to find another Alterna dry-shampooish "liquid powder" product in the box. I'm not sure what's liquid about it, and gave up after squinting at the tiny printing on the back for too long. It will have to be amazing to kick Klorane off my HG dry shampoo throne, but I'm on a dry shampoo kick at the moment, so it will be interesting. It's so ridiculously light and fluffy in the container that I'm sure it is exceedingly flammable, and will be good for a cornstarch-like prank if it fails as a hair product. 

0.jpg

I'm also psyched to try the (powder) exfoliant. I'm also on an exfoliant kick, and I like Dermatologica products.

I'm enthralled with the itty bitty lipstick sample, and the color (113, mauve) is a nice YLBB shade on me. Now I just need the perfect place to keep it so I can be a lipstick ninja. Cleavage seems the obvious choice.

Powder to the people. 

Ooooooh, I think it is time for a January Spoiler thread,  Facebook has the first teaser. I was planning on cancelling but I am glad I waited.

Quote: Originally Posted by starlite2nite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooooooh, I think it is time for a January Spoiler thread,  Facebook has the first teaser. I was planning on cancelling but I am glad I waited.
For the life of me, I can not find any teaser on their facebook page! What the heck is wrong with me, lol?

It is posted on December 20th.  Kinda far down.  I am not sure how to post a hidden spoiler.....
Nice find!  Here it is...

Get excited! #SampleSociety members will be receiving butter LONDON’s Horse Power Nail Fertilizer or Handbag Holiday Cuticle Oil in their January boxes. 

Oh that's awesome and yes, I totally skipped right over it, lol! My fingers are double crossed for the first item.... Thanks so much for posting this!

Probably time to start a new thread.  There is another spoiler on Facebook.

Squee! I'm dying for this! This is shaping up to be a good month!

Pucker up! Some lucky #SampleSociety members will be receiving a stila cosmetics Color Balm Lipstick (Vivienne) in their January boxes.

Hurry, only 2 days left to sign up!

I want.... no, I NEED!!!  I get very excited to get lip products in my subs but I have to admit that I totally disliked the very, very red lipstick sample from last month!

Quick question.......... is anyone else not able to get their dashboard of the past couple of months' boxes to come up?

Back