Sample Society-February *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Online reviews for the dry shampoo are horrible! It retails for about $7, people were saying that they could not brush the white residue from their hair and ended up having to wash it! 
This is actually my favorite dry shampoo, and I've tried just about everything. It's lightweight and I never see white flakes, unlike quite a few others that I've tried. I pick it up from Urban Outfitters when beauty boxes haven't provided enough dry shampoo - and yes, it's only $8. But I'd purchase it anyway, so if it's halfsize, it's worth $3 (1/5 the box) to me.

The perfume sample isn't, since I'm Rouge and I can get samples on any size order from Sephora if I so wished. BUT the masks more than make up for that.

I wouldn't say this box knocks it out of the park the way December did for me, but I'll look forward to it. I liked the Strivectin, love masks, and I have never tried Nails Inc - so yay, new brand!

BTW - just about every high end nail brand I've tried for the first time in beauty boxes, I've gone crazy for and bought like 5-10 colors within 30 days.. so if any high end nail companies read this, your strategy is working and my bank account is suffering! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that we are getting 3 of the Nugg masks.  I can never find the deep cleansing one and I think that will be best on my face.  The hydrating one will be going on my dry, dry, dry, winter hands.

I want to try absolutely everything in this box. I am so excited to get it! 

I am super happy that the box is going to have a polish. February's birthstone is amethyst so the color is appropriate. If they are sending random colors I will be happiest if it is some kind of pink, but this lavender is really the next best thing to pink.

My box is on the truck for delivery today, I can post some pic's later.

ETA: Got my box!

IMG_4388.JPG

Ok so sizes:

Chloe Love Story, standard pump perfume sample: .04 oz  I'm one who doesn't mind perfume samples and I've seen this scent advertised a lot recently so I'm glad to try it. It's floral, but not sickening.  

Nugg masks: 3 of them in deep cleansing, hydrating and revitalizing .33 oz each.  I'm so excited to try these. I love masks and I think it's great they sent a 3 pack of each to try.

StriVectin: meh same as last month if you got it, .025 oz. Nothing special

Batiste Dry Shampoo: 1.6 oz, smells ok. I love dry shampoo and I haven't tried this brand yet so I'm glad to have it.

Nail Inc: It's in Princes palace (grayish purple) and its the only color/shade they show in the booklet.  So, it would seem it's the shade/color everyone is getting this month.  

Let us know if you get something different!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box! I edited my post above with details! Just posting an additional comment so it shows up on the content page.

My box is on the truck for delivery today, I can post some pic's later.

ETA: Got my box!

IMG_4388.JPG

Ok so sizes:

Chloe Love Story, standard pump perfume sample: .04 oz  I'm one who doesn't mind perfume samples and I've seen this scent advertised a lot recently so I'm glad to try it. It's floral, but not sickening.  

Nugg masks: 3 of them in deep cleansing, hydrating and revitalizing .33 oz each.  I'm so excited to try these. I love masks and I think it's great they sent a 3 pack of each to try.

StriVectin: meh same as last month if you got it, .025 oz. Nothing special

Batiste Dry Shampoo: 1.6 oz, smells ok. I love dry shampoo and I haven't tried this brand yet so I'm glad to have it.

Nail Inc: It's in Princes palace (grayish purple) and its the only color/shade they show in the booklet.  So, it would seem it's the shade/color everyone is getting this month.  

Let us know if you get something different!
Thanks for sharing, I'm so excited!

I'm happy about everything in the box except for the nail polish and the perfume samples. I hate getting perfume samples in sub boxes

Did anyone else get the email from SS saying that they were getting a $5 refund because the Strivectin wasn't in their box? I haven't gotten my box yet so I don't know if I will get it or not, but it looks like it was included...

I got the same email. I'm pissed that I won't get the strivectin. That was 50% of why I signed up For this month.

Love the polish color!  And excited to try the face masks.  Do any of you think the shampoo/conditioner would work for those of us with long/thick hair?  My husband uses an all-in-one in the shower, but I never trusted it for my own hair.

Love the polish color!  And excited to try the face masks.  Do any of you think the shampoo/conditioner would work for those of us with long/thick hair?  My husband uses an all-in-one in the shower, but I never trusted it for my own hair.
I have long, thick hair and dry shampoo mostly just makes my hair smell better.  I'm glad I've tried it but it doesn't really replace a good washing.

My box has decided to take a crosscountry road trip.  It was in Maryland on Monday and now it's in California...I live in Virginia.  Whomp whomp.

Whoa I live in VA too and mine always comes next day.
 Normally mine does too. When it didn't show up on Tuesday, I checked the tracking and it went from Maryland to "No tracking information available at this time."  So I called customer service, and he told me the box looked to be lost and that unfortunately Sample Society was out of boxes for the month, but I would be refunded.

It's still in California--now just another city so I'll be surprised if it ever makes its way back here.

I've done this on and off the SS. Subscribed and unsubscribed. I just subscribed again to give them another try. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Back