Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand not being able to send out a replacement to everyone but then they shouldn't do it for ANYONE. And then to tell me that they only received one color which I already know is bs made me mad. I asked them to cancel my account and THEN they offered me the $5 credit. I was going to cancel anyways so it just pushed me to. I also declined the $5 cause that would mean I have to spend more money with them. Not to keen on that after being lied to. I would have been fine with them telling me they couldn't. Don't lie to me. Hopefully they will help you out. I love the sample sizes on this but I just don't need tons of skin care.

Thats exactly how I feel about it: all or none. Don't do it for some people and not others. Maybe because it was my first month, I dunno. But imo, they should try to make the customer happy in the first month so they continue their subscription. I told them I was contemplating cancelling and they just said "we hope you'll stay!" Its not about the money to me, or even a full size product. Its the principle that you shouldnt pick and choose who you're going to make satisfied and who you're not. If you're in a business, the customer is why you're successful, or why you fail. Lying/treating some customers will get you nowhere, besides having that angry customer post their experience everywhere that will let them so others can avoid it.

I have now gotten two boxes from Sample Society and am having mixed feelings about it. I just so-so liked most of the products and most of them are way beyond my price range as far as purchasing the full size. I also do Cravebox and am on the waiting list for Birchbox. I am thinking of cancelling my Sample Society subscription, but I am addicted to getting these boxes in the mail!
wink.gif

Thats exactly how I feel about it: all or none. Don't do it for some people and not others. Maybe because it was my first month, I dunno. But imo, they should try to make the customer happy in the first month so they continue their subscription. I told them I was contemplating cancelling and they just said "we hope you'll stay!" Its not about the money to me, or even a full size product. Its the principle that you shouldnt pick and choose who you're going to make satisfied and who you're not. If you're in a business, the customer is why you're successful, or why you fail. Lying/treating some customers will get you nowhere, besides having that angry customer post their experience everywhere that will let them so others can avoid it.
I've always been on the short end of beauty bars stick so I guess I'm used to it. Coupon codes would work for everyone else and not me and when I email them they tell me I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've always been on the short end of beauty bars stick so I guess I'm used to it. Coupon codes would work for everyone else and not me and when I email them they tell me I'm wrong.
I got a coupon code that wasn't validated yet but when I called them they fixed it right away.

P.S. I'm sorry some of you are having such a bad time with them.

It was when people were able to use 2 coupon codes at a time. A long time ago when they first started SS, people were able to use 2 coupons (and maybe even 3, I don't remember). Everyone would post in the threads that they stacked coupon codes and I would try, nothing. I would email them and even people after me would post that they were able to use them and beauty bar told me it's not possible and people weren't able to.

It was something that they caught on to and changed, which is fine with me, but again, they LIED and told me that people weren't using it and my information was wrong. It clearly wasn't because people had screen shots of their orders.

Its not that big of a deal, I hope I don't sound "whiny" because I am not. It is just things that I have noted from beauty bar. I said before that I love their sample sizes, it just wasn't for me and this just pushed me to make that decision even more.

I know sample boxes are about variety and generally I love all the samples I get in my boxes. When I did have issues they were quick to respond and very friendly, I just don't like to be told one thing when others are clearly getting different "treatment".

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a coupon code that wasn't validated yet but when I called them they fixed it right away.

P.S. I'm sorry some of you are having such a bad time with them.

Did anyone else not receive the Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil? I just got back from vacation and opened my SS box--when I logged on to cancel my sub I realized one of the products was missing :/. For anyone of you who had missing products, how do they usually respond? Do they send you the product or do they just give you some "$10 off" coupon code?

would anyone consider the eye cream and anti-aging cream "deluxe size" samples? because I really wouldn't. I was pleased with the first couple boxes, but I just don't think it's worth $15 for me. The Borghese body creme was nice but nothing special, and the Jouer tinted moisturizer was too much of a glitterbomb to use anywhere on the face, aside from maybe the cheeks. How is the lip pencil?

I think a lot of people got airy tubes of the eye cream and the Jouer in a dark color. The lippie product is full sized, I believe. I also received a Bronzed Jouer and knowing BB CS seems to not want to work with people, so I'll be trying to mix mine with some foundation. Would have loved to try Gold/Pearl.

The eye cream was almost empty but if you looked at the weight on it, it was a very small sample so I don't think it was supposed to be full. I wouldn't consider it deluxe. I haven't had any problems with cs yet but I really don't like it when companies are inconsistent with their responses.

It was when people were able to use 2 coupon codes at a time. A long time ago when they first started SS, people were able to use 2 coupons (and maybe even 3, I don't remember). Everyone would post in the threads that they stacked coupon codes and I would try, nothing. I would email them and even people after me would post that they were able to use them and beauty bar told me it's not possible and people weren't able to.

It was something that they caught on to and changed, which is fine with me, but again, they LIED and told me that people weren't using it and my information was wrong. It clearly wasn't because people had screen shots of their orders.

Its not that big of a deal, I hope I don't sound "whiny" because I am not. It is just things that I have noted from beauty bar. I said before that I love their sample sizes, it just wasn't for me and this just pushed me to make that decision even more.

I know sample boxes are about variety and generally I love all the samples I get in my boxes. When I did have issues they were quick to respond and very friendly, I just don't like to be told one thing when others are clearly getting different "treatment".
Oh I see. I only had one coupon. I don't think you are whiny at all. People purchase a service and expect honesty from their seller. If this service wasn't what you were looking for then your money is better spent elsewhere.

Sometimes I see subscriptions that everyone raves about and I'm not interested at all. I guess it's a good thing they have a huge variety for oddballs like me haha. We need a pigment/mineral subscription. I'd be all over that!

I think a lot of people got airy tubes of the eye cream and the Jouer in a dark color. The lippie product is full sized, I believe. I also received a Bronzed Jouer and knowing BB CS seems to not want to work with people, so I'll be trying to mix mine with some foundation. Would have loved to try Gold/Pearl.
Good thing about most items is that they're multipurpose. Wonder if it'd work as an eye shadow cream or base!?

Oh I see. I only had one coupon. I don't think you are whiny at all. People purchase a service and expect honesty from their seller. If this service wasn't what you were looking for then your money is better spent elsewhere. Sometimes I see subscriptions that everyone raves about and I'm not interested at all. I guess it's a good thing they have a huge variety for oddballs like me haha. We need a pigment/mineral subscription. I'd be all over that!
The coupons they offer are great but I never used them. I always said I would but never did lol And there is one (shadow subscription) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good thing about most items is that they're multipurpose. Wonder if it'd work as an eye shadow cream or base!?
You know the people who received jouer in a darker color and can't use it could maybe use it for a bronzer. Just an idea.

The coupons they offer are great but I never used them. I always said I would but never did lol

And there is one (shadow subscription)
wink.gif
Found it! Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can attest to no ill effects when using the Jouer LMT on my browbone ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I bet it would. A nice bronzed smoky eye; I like that!

For those of you who belong to MyPoints.com, Beauty Bar has a link and you get 3 points per dollar spent, plus you get to use your codes.

For those of you who belong to MyPoints.com, Beauty Bar has a link and you get 3 points per dollar spent, plus you get to use your codes.
I use Ebates instead, for 5% cash back.

I just signed up this morning.  I haven't been able to get in, until now.  Sisley is one of my fave brands, but I haven't used it in yrs.  The nearest retailer is downtown, and I never go there.  Not to mention, the high prices.  I have tried most of their products, but none of the new stuff. 

Well I sent SS an email about my color being off AND my eye cream having next to nothing in it.  They emailed me back and said thanks for the feedback.  (No nice gesture of any kind)

I am kinda pissed since this was my 1st box with them and I feel kind of jipped, $15.00 for air tubes and the Jouer color I cannot use.  Awesome.

Call them. Seriously.

Originally Posted by PDubA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I sent SS an email about my color being off AND my eye cream having next to nothing in it.  They emailed me back and said thanks for the feedback.  (No nice gesture of any kind)

I am kinda pissed since this was my 1st box with them and I feel kind of jipped, $15.00 for air tubes and the Jouer color I cannot use.  Awesome.

Back