Sample Society: July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got in contact with CS, and they're just going to send me the missing item--no apologies or email confirmation or anything, so I'll just take their word for it. lol I wish I received full-sized items, credit, or free boxes for dissatisfaction ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems like their service is pretty inconsistent throughout. Meh. Kind of annoyed that they never even responded to the email I sent, even though I received automated message saying they received it.

The inconsistency is what really bothers me.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I finally got in contact with CS, and they're just going to send me the missing item--no apologies or email confirmation or anything, so I'll just take their word for it. lol I wish I received full-sized items, credit, or free boxes for dissatisfaction ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems like their service is pretty inconsistent throughout. Meh. Kind of annoyed that they never even responded to the email I sent, even though I received automated message saying they received it.

You know what? this box reminds me a lot of glossybox but for a cheaper price. Maybe i'll sub if I aren't able to ever get a cravebox lol.

Copy/pasted this month's box review from my blog. I wish I posted it sooner but the box arrived while I was on a 3-week vacation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can find a link to my blog under my avatar.

Beauty Bar Sample Society #1: July 2012  

I finally received my first Sample Society sample box, and I'm very happy with what I got this month. I especially like the range of the products - there is something for the body, face, eyes and 2 make-up items. 

1. Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil in Sangria/White Glimmer

"Smile your way through a glitzy event or a stop at the coffee shop with Vincent Longo’s Duo Lip Pencil. Providing you with maximum creativity and minimal guesswork, this smudge-resistant pencil is easy to apply and long-lasting. The soft texture and rich pigment allow for precise definition and shaping."

Well, this is not a color I would normally wear, I thought it was honestly too dark for me. But I really liked the application, the pencil went on super smooth and even. I'm not too sure about the staying power because it seemed to smudge every time I touched it, but overall I thought it's a pretty nice product.

Here is the end result, pardon my dry lips ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Full size: $26 at Beauty Bar

Sample size: Full size!

2. Vbeauté Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Creme

"VBeaute Eye Never is an age-defining, line concealing eye cream that immediately smoothes and silkens the delicate skin around the eyes, minimizing the appearance of puffiness, lines and wrinkles. Formulated with the brand's powerful age-defying complexes, this eye cream boosts collagen production while protecting against free radical damage. At the same time, it helps increase moisture and relax muscle contractions to help prevent future signs of aging."

Obviously, with all skincare you usually don't get immediate results, so I'll just share my first impressions. The first thing I noticed is the scent: this cream smells like coconuts, and I love coconuts! After applying I noticed that my skin immediately felt much softer, which is something I guess most decent eye creams will do without the $85 price tag. I doubt I would buy a full-sized bottle, but this sample will last me a long time, a couple weeks at the very least.

Full size: $85 at Beauty Bar
Sample received: $5.60 calculated value

3. Sisley-Paris Hydra Globa Intense Anti-Aging Hydration Creme

"If you are suffering from major skin dehydration, turn to Sisley Hydra Global Intense Anti-Aging Hydration. Developed with a three-tiered approach to treatment, this formula uses botanical, mineral and aromatic extracts to replenish skin’s thirsty moisture cushion in the epidermis, dermis and stratum corneum layers of the skin. Skin is left intensely moisturized and revitalized, so that wrinkles and line lines are minimized and elasticity and youthful appearance are restored."

I love Sisley products, unfortunately right now I can only afford the sample sizes because all of their cremes are fairly expensive. Which is why I was super excited to receive one of my favorites in my July box! This super-hydrating cream smells like a mix of botanical herbs and spices, and it can rejuvenate my skin dehydrated from the daily air conditioning in just about 5 seconds. It quickly absorbs into the skin leaving it soft and comfortable.

Full size: $250 at Beauty Bar
Sample received: $25 calculated value

4. Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint SPF 20

"Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint SPF 20 evens out imperfections and fades the appearance of fine lines with its light-diffusing multi-mineral formula. This lightweight, water-resistant, hypoallergenic tint features SPF 20 to protect from UVA and UVB rays while ginseng and gingko biloba leaf extract deliver antioxidants to the skin, promoting a healthy complexion."

I like tinted moisturizers, I think they're the best thing for summer! This one feels nice on the skin and provides more coverage than my BBcream, so I'll definitely use up my whole sample.

Full size: $38 at Beauty Bar
Sample received: $3.80 calculated value

5. Borghese Tono Body Cream

"An extra-rich treatment creme that locks in hydration with moisture intensifying molecules. The body is veiled in invisible moisture, which becomes obvious in both the appearance and texture of the skin. Firms and smoothes skin tone."

I thought this lotion smelled a little strong when I first opened my sample tube, the scent reminded me of some sort of herbal medicine. I can see myself using it at night, but for the day time I thought it was too heavy.

Full size: $36.50 at Beauty Bar
Sample received: $4.56 calculated value

What do you think about this month's box? Did you like it, hate it or don't care about it? What was your favorite product? 

My box value this month: $64.96

While the boxes were definitely worth it, I couldn't justify receiving this and GlossyBox at the same time. If I want to buy something from Beauty Bar, I'll just use one of their coupons. A $15 weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know what? this box reminds me a lot of glossybox but for a cheaper price. Maybe i'll sub if I aren't able to ever get a cravebox lol.
GB has too many issues for me. I am keeping this one since I dropped GB.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GB has too many issues for me. I am keeping this one since I dropped GB.
Yeah I dropped them as well for that reason. Plus the lower price of this is more appealing. 

Thank you! 
patches.gif

Originally Posted by NoahsMommy52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oiio- Your pictures are beautiful! 

Can anyone tell me if the Borghese lotion from this month's box was sealed on the top of the tube under the cap? I am notorious for opening and smelling things...and I can't remember if it was sealed lol! I am putting it on my trade list and would like to represent the condition properly, thanks in advance! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone tell me if the Borghese lotion from this month's box was sealed on the top of the tube under the cap? I am notorious for opening and smelling things...and I can't remember if it was sealed lol! I am putting it on my trade list and would like to represent the condition properly, thanks in advance! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I checked mine this morning--no seal.  I threw it my lotion basket when it came and hadn't gotten around to looking at it yet.  

I checked mine this morning--no seal.  I threw it my lotion basket when it came and hadn't gotten around to looking at it yet.  
Now I have The Silence Of The Lambs stuck in my head ("it puts the lotion in the basket!") ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I have The Silence Of The Lambs stuck in my head ("it puts the lotion in the basket!")
wink.gif
You've outed me.  I'm actually Buffalo Bill.  
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You've outed me.  I'm actually Buffalo Bill.  
icon_evil.gif
ROFL.... I actually had a pt who looked and sounded just like Buffalo Bill, you'd have thought they were twins. Nice man(pt lol), but a little unnerving because that line was on repeat in my head every time I saw him!

Back