Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might want to delete that code from your post since it's a one-time use deal.

Just did. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got this email

We hope you’re looking forward to your July box. We’re a little behind schedule (sorry!), but are working to get it to you as quickly as we can.

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas. 

I was wondering what was going on with the July boxes since I have not been charged yet. Hopefully they won't be too delayed.

I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying

I hope it is not going to be a box full of SPF products. I do not like them.

Got the mail as well. 

Quote: I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying
I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.

Quote: I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying
I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying
It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first :)

Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first :)
Thanks for being so helpful :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> good to know!

SS is by far my favorite, I cancelled Birchbox.  There teeny samples were driving me nuts.

Can't wait to see what is in store this month!!

Late. Sheesh I just said last month how they're always on time.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

i don't mind the delay. their shipping is the fastest out of the beauty subs since they don't cheap out and use newgistics. plus i plan on putting that code to good use.

T

Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.
That must have been before I joined. My first box was the April box.

Hoping the delay is worth the wait. I am also hoping it is not another box of moisturizers and hair stuff. I really wish they would send more makeup!

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 
Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 

Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 
I also get mad when certain other subs ship late because of their shipping methods! SS ships UPS, so I know it's going to get here quick no matter when they send it, but when other subs ship out newgistics or DHL and are late, then it sucks even more because then you have to wait like an eternity to get your box.

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek
icon_redface.gif
It's like a complete mystery with SS. Welcome to the beauty box world though lol

I signed up for like 2 at first and now it's... 5?! hahahahaha....

I can remember Sample Society shipping late just once before, and that was immediately after Hurricane Sandy.  Its only a week, so not a big deal for me.  Sample Society shipping is really quick once it does ship.  I generally have my box within a day or two after it ships.

Back