Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek
icon_redface.gif
Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 
They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! :)

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! :)

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.
Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it's awesome! I've already gotten sunscreen and tanning towels and tinted moisturizers recently, so I hope they step it up and send us some new stuff! 

I got charged and I'm getting kit I! I've never gotten a letter like that before (I didn't even know they went that far) and I'm pretty excited!

I was going to take a break, but forgot to my SS sub lol. Hmmmm.. winner what will happen and what we're getting. SS has been late with delivery/shipping, but as noted, they've always been proactive with communicating slip ups before customers really notice. Hardly any other sub service does that.

I'm getting Kit A says my box should be to me by Monday. 

They said they had trouble charging my card, but I have a pending charge that will hit my account tomorrow.  Weird. 

Kit G. I have to know what is in these kits. This is the first month since I've subbed that they haven't told us one product that everyone will get. Total mystery....I don't know whether to be excited or afraid....

Kit B!  I've got until the end of the month (until it's time for the next charge to hit) to decide whether I want to keep this one.  My credit union has had some suspicious activity on my card -- like alerted-by-law-enforcememt suspicious activity, which tells me it is not anything I did -- reported to it, so it's canceling the current card in a few days.  I have a replacement card, but now I have to change all of my recurring charges that were using that card, so I might end up looking at the charges and deciding they're just not worth continuing.  Sample Society has been teetering on the edge on cancellation, and this might just be a sign to ditch it already.

I emailed Cust service to update my card, and got a response right away (on a holiday?!).  I also asked them for hints and spoilers. We'll see if they give up any hints. 

wink.gif

After addressing my card updates in the first paragraph of their email the rest was soo over the top...
blink.gif

"Receiving that hard cased black box with a sleek metallic label begging to be opened is truly my favorite part of the month. Once opened, the glittering tissue paper and Allure pamphlet shield those 5 little Amazing samples, sure to blow your mind, and keep you looking Fabulous! No one could ever doubt that it's a wonderful experience, and we want you to be a part of this too. Please let us know how we may further assist you.

We appreciate your business and would like to thank you for entrusting BeautyBar.com with your everyday product needs. If you have any other questions or concerns, or if I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact your friendly Customer Care Team via phone, 1-888-696-0423, or email, [email protected]. We are ready to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Jackie"

Been lurking MUT for awhile, first post. 

I just checked and I am getting Kit H - wish I knew what was in it.  Where are the photos of the items you are receiving?  When does that usually appear in your dashboard?  This will be my second box.  Not sure if I will continue, finding others I like more...or just sampling out a bunch to land on my favorite.  It seems there is always just one or two items in each that stand out.  

I'm getting Kit D and it should get here Monday. No weight yet, so I'm hoping for something good. Any spoiler pics yet?

Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Been lurking MUT for awhile, first post. 

I just checked and I am getting Kit H - wish I knew what was in it.  Where are the photos of the items you are receiving?  When does that usually appear in your dashboard?  This will be my second box.  Not sure if I will continue, finding others I like more...or just sampling out a bunch to land on my favorite.  It seems there is always just one or two items in each that stand out.  
The dashboard is updated as soon as they ship the box.

I am getting Kit J. My order is confirmed but they haven't shipped my box yet. This is my first SS box and I'm excited to see what's going to be in it.

I'm getting Kit E. This is the highest letter I've ever gotten. Hope that means good things. It seems there are more variations this month than there's ever been.

Originally Posted by Swtnsarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting Kit J. My order is confirmed but they haven't shipped my box yet. This is my first SS box and I'm excited to see what's going to be in it.
Me too! Kit J. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an amazing box!

I'm getting Kit I, haha I hope that's right because I haven't seen anyone else say they're getting I! But I'm excited either way

Back