Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has nothing to do with Birchbox or Sample Society.  I just posted this on the Birchbox thread, but I want to share it here too. 

A while ago, I posted about how I needed everything because a bag with all my cosmetics and toiletries was stolen out of my car when I was on my way home from a vacation.  Someone here (I wont mention the persons name since it was a PM) sent me a PM offering to send me samples she wasn't using.  I just thought that was an incredibly nice gesture from someone who doesn't even know me and a very generous offer.  I had just come from the vets office with a very sick cat (she's my baby!), and signed on to Makeup Talk and read that.  It brightened my entire day! 

Just wanted to share that.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no idea what kit I'm getting because I had to call them to update my cc info (bc they couldn't charge my cancelled credit card lol...)

But I asked Armando to email me what I was getting lollll

Hey Jane,

This is Armando from BeautyBar.com. I hope you're well! Here is your box list:

Ouidad Moisture Lock Define & Shine 2 oz.

Lollia At Last Shea Butter Handcreme Sample

Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream

Tres Pure Face Tonic

Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trios - Paradise Love

Hope this helps! Enjoy. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Armando, Customer Care

^ maybe this is Kit A?
THANKS ARMANDO!!!!

I seriously love their customer service. He even asked me how my 4th was and I told him I fell asleep and missed all the fireworks. lol.
If that is Kit A (I think it is), then that's what I'm getting.  I'm happy with this box and will use every single item!  

I agree about Beauty Bar's customer service.  I've only had to call them twice but I received great customer service on both occasions.

EDIT:  I just read the description of the 4th item and I cant wait to try it! 

Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked up the items in Kit H that I am getting.  I will try most things but will give away the purple polish for sure!  Not my thing at all!!
I received that polish last year.  It's very pretty, but not my style.  I used it once and then gave it to my niece.  Its more her style and I've seen her wearing it a few times.

Last month was my first month, and I was pretty happy with Kit A. I love the packaging, and I love the sample sizes I received for June. I'm getting Kit J this month, hope it's another good one!

I am getting A, too. Which two are repeats? We usually get the same box but I don't recall getting ay of this stuff.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting Kit A and know from the spoilers that two are definitely repeats..sigh..

I'm not sure if anyone has addressed this before but if you cancel Sample Society and sign back up it is completely likely you will get repeats.  I've spoken with their customer service a few times about it.  So anyone considering signing back up who has cancelled before, be aware of that. 

So, I just off the phone with Sample Society CS, and the guy I spoke to REALLY didn't want to tell me what was in my box..(what, is he on Santa Claus patrol?..) Anywhoo, I'm getting Kit I, and he rattled off the list so fast that I can barely remember any of it, but I do remember [self tanner] And I remember being overall kind of unimpressed...maybe next month

So, I just off the phone with Sample Society CS, and the guy I spoke to REALLY didn't want to tell me what was in my box..(what, is he on Santa Claus patrol?..) Anywhoo, I'm getting Kit I, and he rattled off the list so fast that I can barely remember any of it, but I do remember [self tanner] And I remember being overall kind of unimpressed...maybe next month
Yeah, I tried to get my contents (kit B) yesterday when I called to change my CC information. I'm really not impressed with their coy "that would spoil the surprise!" response. They are not as amazing and special as they think they are.

Yeah, I tried to get my contents (kit B) yesterday when I called to change my CC information. I'm really not impressed with their coy "that would spoil the surprise!" response. They are not as amazing and special as they think they are.
LOL...right?! I was pretty shocked, and then pretty saddened when he finally relented and told me what was in my box... Aaaand I just noticed that I screwed up the spoiler portion of my last post :/ I should not even attempt to be doing this stuff early in the morning without drinking Diet Coke first. Must. get. Diet. Coke.!

For anyone interested in Kit G, it appears to contain

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper

Lavanila Pure Vanilla Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream Tres Pure Face Tonic
Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trio in Sweet Melody

Oh, I am soooo glad I finally have an excuse to buy a full-sized bottle of Lavanilla Pure Vanilla.  YAY $15 off!!!!!

My dashboard updated

I'm getting Kit A

• bou-037_small2a.jpg
  • Ouidad Moisture Lock Define & Shine-2 oz.-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »

My dashboard shows I'm getting Kit I:

• Ecru New York Luxe Treatment Shampoo-2 oz.-SS
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil-Black SS
  • Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream SS
  • Tres Pure Face Tonic_SS

My dashboard updated I'm getting Kit A
GAH!!! This is the box I want!!!

Originally Posted by iluvdandelions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My dashboard shows I'm getting Kit I:

• Ecru New York Luxe Treatment Shampoo-2 oz.-SS
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil-Black SS
  • Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream SS
  • Tres Pure Face Tonic_SS

I feel a bit disappointed. Really a black eyeliner when everyone else is getting pretty nail polish or eyeshadow?It just has not been my month lately.

I ended up cancelling... again. LOL Between their screw up of my account earlier in the month coupled with the fact they said they can't charge my credit card (despite there being a $16.25 charge) I cancelled again. I liked the items in my boxes the last few months but with credit card issues I get spooked easily. See what happened was that last week or the week before (can't recall when) I went to check my account for something and saw I couldn't get onto my dashboard. The site acted as if my account was cancelled. I meant to call them to find out what happened but didn't and a few days later everything was fine again. Over the weekend I check my account and see that I've been billed for July but then yesterday I get an email from them saying "We've Had a Problem Charging Your Credit Card". So I called and the lady I spoke to said it looks like they tried to charge my account TODAY (late last night/early this morning) but couldn't. I told her but the account was already charged on July 3 with payment taken out. She said it looks like payment was attempted on the 4th but couldn't go through. I'm chalking this up to their system being screwy though it can be an issue with Paypal since I had problems with Ipsy billing me as well. So no idea if I'm getting the July box or not despite that it's been paid for (according to Paypal) because they're saying it's not paid for.

I'm still waiting for an update. I sense a cancellation coming. The longer it takes, the more I have a feeling I'll get neutral eye shadow (I don't do neutral shadow), black eyeliner (no black eyeliner, either), or a nail polish I already have. And sunscreen and multiple moisturizers, of course. I used to love getting moisturizer and sunscreen samples, but I'm receiving them faster than I can use them, plus my skin tends to react poorly to sunscreen nowadays.

I am also getting Kit G and am quite happy about the contents.  SS was on probation and I'll be keeping them around for at least another month.  Yeah!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up cancelling... again. LOL Between their screw up of my account earlier in the month coupled with the fact they said they can't charge my credit card (despite there being a $16.25 charge) I cancelled again. I liked the items in my boxes the last few months but with credit card issues I get spooked easily. See what happened was that last week or the week before (can't recall when) I went to check my account for something and saw I couldn't get onto my dashboard. The site acted as if my account was cancelled. I meant to call them to find out what happened but didn't and a few days later everything was fine again. Over the weekend I check my account and see that I've been billed for July but then yesterday I get an email from them saying "We've Had a Problem Charging Your Credit Card". So I called and the lady I spoke to said it looks like they tried to charge my account TODAY (late last night/early this morning) but couldn't. I told her but the account was already charged on July 3 with payment taken out. She said it looks like payment was attempted on the 4th but couldn't go through. I'm chalking this up to their system being screwy though it can be an issue with Paypal since I had problems with Ipsy billing me as well. So no idea if I'm getting the July box or not despite that it's been paid for (according to Paypal) because they're saying it's not paid for.
They had issues charging my card this month too, I thought it was because I moved and my billing address changed, but none of my other subs seem to have a problem.  I think they had some glitches, I got the exact same email.  

I updated my address, emailed them back and confirmed everything.  I had a pending charge on my card for a while along with a charge for the box, the pending charge dropped off and I have a tracking number.  I wasn't too concerned.  

Back