Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only got a $10 credit toward a purchase also.  I do not plan on buying anything so again its wasted.  This is the second time it has happened!

I just emailed them also.  A while back I received a moisturizer sample that looked like cottage cheese, and my friends sample did not.  I called them and was told it was supposed to look like that and given a $2 or $3 credit.  I mentioned both times others received a full refund or a new box, and I received a credit I'll never use.  I haven't found anything yet that I love enough to spend the high priced of most of their products.  We'll see what they say.

I just emailed them about the Supergoop, we'll see how they respond to me!  I did really want to give it a try, and was really bummed out.

I just heard back, and booooo.  Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting us at Beautybar.com, a Familyhood site!
I hope this email finds you well.

How are you enjoying the Sample Society?  It is a great way to try out some exclusive products!

The Supergoop is not empty.  We looked into it and found that since the tube is for one use there just is not a lot in the tube.  According to an associate, you have to squeeze really hard. 

I know you have to work for beauty but this may be a little much!

Because beauty shouldn't be so hard I have provided a $5.00 credit to your account to use for future purchases (this will not deduct from your Sample Society purchase which is automatically set for a $15.00 charge) but you can use it in conjunction with a purchase you may make with your discount from being a member of Sample Society.

The credit will expire on September 30, 2013.

I hope you will be able to try what is in that tube!  (I am sure you don't need it!)

Have a great night.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at [email protected] or call at 1(888) 696-0423.

Thanks again for contacting Beautybar.com, a Familyhood site!

Thanks,

Sonya M.
Customer Care
Beautybar.com
A Familyhood site

What in the world?!  I'd rather have the actual sample I wanted!  Hmmmm.  This makes me wonder whether I should continue with them or not.  I don't like the idea of them saying, oh, you just have to try harder.  Ugh.

WTAF? *One* use? I expect much better from Sample Society. They might as well send out a foil if that's the official answer. More WTAF?: The card indicates that the tube of hand cream that was sent is full-sized and that it costs $25 for the tube. The tube is a third of an ounce. This means that if this was all correct, this hand cream would be SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS AN OUNCE. Which... No. The tube they sent is the travel-sized version which is $7.50 a pop.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where did you find the coupon?  I'd love to get another box.
I honestly can't remember where I found the coupon (probably a blog), but it was only available for a few days last month.

One use? I got the Supergoop eye cream in my Birchbox (or was it Glossybox? I'm having a hard time keeping track!) at least a month ago (maybe two?) and I'm still using it every morning and night! That's a load of bull they are trying to sell you.

Quote: Originally Posted by abreeskye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just heard back, and booooo.  Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting us at Beautybar.com, a Familyhood site!

I hope this email finds you well.

How are you enjoying the Sample Society?  It is a great way to try out some exclusive products!

The Supergoop is not empty.  We looked into it and found that since the tube is for one use there just is not a lot in the tube.  According to an associate, you have to squeeze really hard. 

I know you have to work for beauty but this may be a little much!

Because beauty shouldn't be so hard I have provided a $5.00 credit to your account to use for future purchases (this will not deduct from your Sample Society purchase which is automatically set for a $15.00 charge) but you can use it in conjunction with a purchase you may make with your discount from being a member of Sample Society.

The credit will expire on September 30, 2013.

I hope you will be able to try what is in that tube!  (I am sure you don't need it!)

Have a great night.

If you have any questions or comments please contact us at [email protected] or call at 1(888) 696-0423.

Thanks again for contacting Beautybar.com, a Familyhood site!

Thanks,

Sonya M.

Customer Care

Beautybar.com

A Familyhood site

What in the world?!  I'd rather have the actual sample I wanted!  Hmmmm.  This makes me wonder whether I should continue with them or not.  I don't like the idea of them saying, oh, you just have to try harder.  Ugh.

Originally Posted by alterkate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One use? I got the Supergoop eye cream in my Birchbox (or was it Glossybox? I'm having a hard time keeping track!) at least a month ago (maybe two?) and I'm still using it every morning and night! That's a load of bull they are trying to sell you.
I got the supergoop eye cream in my sample Society box and have been using it everyday since i got it. A little goes a long way. I actually over used it twice too. I thought it was very very empty when I opened it too, but I then realized it was a lot for the amount used per application. I decided to cancel my box still because that was the only product I was in LOVE with. everything else was ok and I want to try other boxes. Hope you all get some good stuff in future boxes! I'm excited to find out what you get!

Le sigh. I just cut Sample Society loose. It's just been *boring* for me. I did like most of this month's box, but most of the previous few have been duds, so it's bye-bye time. I am going through a sub culling right now, and the boring subs are getting ditched first.

I'm hoping the August box will be a good one.  I just re-subbed.  Sample Society was my first sub, but they lost me the first time after they put a ziploc baggie in the box.  Yes, it was called something else and it had a print design on it, but it was still a ziploc baggie.  I was like
icon_eek.gif

I'm hoping the August box will be a good one.  I just re-subbed.  Sample Society was my first sub, but they lost me the first time after they put a ziploc baggie in the box.  Yes, it was called something else and it had a print design on it, but it was still a ziploc baggie.  I was like :icon_eek:  
Are you sure that was Sample Society? I don't recall it in any of their boxes. Birchbox, yeah, several times, but not Sample Society.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping the August box will be a good one.  I just re-subbed.  Sample Society was my first sub, but they lost me the first time after they put a ziploc baggie in the box.  Yes, it was called something else and it had a print design on it, but it was still a ziploc baggie.  I was like
icon_eek.gif
I'm pretty sure Sample Society never sent out the tili bags...that was Birchbox...

I don't remember that either. I've been a member since March '12, is that something that went out before then? I'm always pretty pleased with the consistency of Sample Society. The boxes don't always wow me, but I definitely use more of it compared to Ipsy. Which isn't knocking Ipsy, but I tend to go through skin care more than makeup. Between the two, I feel like I have a pretty good balance, and don't feel the need to try others. I think I've noticed that quite a few of the companies that get featured in these subs usually make their way around all the various services at some point.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure Sample Society never sent out the tili bags...that was Birchbox...
I've never had a Birchbox sub.....

Waaaiiiit, a second!!! You're right.  I didn't have a sub for Birchbox, but a girl I worked with sent me one!!

I went back and looked at my old posts and I quit SS originally because of that ghastly Cheeky Chops yellow nail polish and some lash product.  I'd had a couple of disappointments with always getting the box with the worst stuff and that sent me over the edge.  LOL  I moved onto Glossybox and we all know how that turned out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had a Birchbox sub.....

Waaaiiiit, a second!!! You're right.  I didn't have a sub for Birchbox, but a girl I worked with sent me one!!

I went back and looked at my old posts and I quit SS originally because of that ghastly Cheeky Chops yellow nail polish and some lash product.  I'd had a couple of disappointments with always getting the box with the worst stuff and that sent me over the edge.  LOL  I moved onto Glossybox and we all know how that turned out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ha, I know how that goes...I initially quit Sample Society just because I had skincare up to my ears and I thought it was kind of boring...at the time I mostly wanted makeup and fun things...but now my makeup collection has gotten big and I"m seeing more of the appeal in SS (useful skincare with some makeup here and there)...I quit Glossybox because I got tired of the every box drama, and the fact that it is so expensive and rarely did I find a box worth $21 in hindsight! But it ended up making me miss Sample Society more, because at least it is consistent...ha. 

I actually unsubbed from Birchbox because of that stupid ziploc bag. I've been signed back up for a while (I missed the points), but it still haunts me. Prior to the ziploc bag, I was getting gross food bars (I haaaate the texture of protein bars, Luna bars, etc, and will only eat the whole nut types of bars) and the most boring samples in every box. 

I always find myself going back and forth in my mind with my subs

Back