Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Heather what kit did you get? Which kit did you want?

Just curious.
Ann, I think it was Kit I that I got. It was the one with the boring black eyeliner, the self tanner sample, and the shampoo sample. I haven't looked at all the kits, so I can only guess Kit A would probably have been at the top of my list. But really, what bothered me most was that *all* the least desirable items seemed to be in my kit. If I had gotten the Vincent Longo eyeshadow (for example) with the self tanner and shampoo, I would have been bummed for the 2 samples I hated but pretty happy overall. Everyone got the spray on face tonic and the tiny eye cream sample (from what I have seen). All I wanted was to get at least 1 item I liked out of the 3 items that varied in each box/kit, but I did not get anything I wanted or liked out of the items that varied. I hope that partly explains where I'm coming from when I talk about a 'bad' or 'least desirable' box. 
smilehappyyes.gif

So impressed with this month's SS box. I added things up and my box was worth almost $80! For $15 investment I'd say I'm doing ok. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the Vincent Longo shadow trio, which would've been great, except that I already have it. Doh! Pretty content with everything else. I love hand and eye creams, so I'm always eager to try a new one out. I kind of feel like I'm being forced to make a trade list, though. I've gradually accrued a good pile of products that I already know I don't like, or most likely will never use.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the Vincent Longo shadow trio, which would've been great, except that I already have it. Doh! Pretty content with everything else. I love hand and eye creams, so I'm always eager to try a new one out. I kind of feel like I'm being forced to make a trade list, though. I've gradually accrued a good pile of products that I already know I don't like, or most likely will never use.
Which VL trio did you receive?  I'm trying to compose my trade list, and I don't know all of the shades that went out or all of the scents of the hand cream that went out, and I'm hoping to be able to piece together lists of all of the options that went out.  I do know that I'm getting a trio in shades (subtle, office-appropriate, think Adele or MacKenzie on _The Newsroom_) that are totally not my style (bright, club-appropriate, think drag queen or Mimi from _The Drew Carey Show_).  

I got Paradise Love, which fits into the bright category. Really pretty and pigmented, but I just don't need a second one. It contains a blue, a teal, and a cream color.

Honestly it's really a hit or miss with these boxes.

I've gone through boxes where I was disappointed by everything in the box. There are mentions of boxes containing the least desirable items, but they probably aren't thinking that these items are "least desirable" when they put them together. I feel like they probably think they are creating equally balanced boxes. I don't think there is a case of rewarding longer subscribed people. I think the longer subscribed people just happen to get the newer items first because they want to avoid repeats. There's always a chance that the really coveted items will cycle through again in future boxes like they did this month.

I know it's a bummer getting a lame box, but I don't think they're misinforming people. Every sub company works differently and we're all here to share our views and such. I hope you all get better boxes in the future but I think we should try to remember that these companies aren't shoving bad boxes on us on purpose. I think we all just get a serious case of box envy. That's just my opinion anyway~

Did anyone else get two boxes? I found a coupon somewhere for a free first box, so I signed up, but they sent me two of Kit I. I'm looking to trade the extra items if anyone is interested!!

Wow just looking at pics on Instagram. Does everyone's face tonic have a spray bottle top? Mine is just a twist off cap. I've been dampening a cotton pad and applying it to my face and neck. Interesting.

Originally Posted by Elan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get two boxes? I found a coupon somewhere for a free first box, so I signed up, but they sent me two of Kit I. I'm looking to trade the extra items if anyone is interested!!
Where did you find the coupon?  I'd love to get another box.

Wow just looking at pics on Instagram. Does everyone's face tonic have a spray bottle top?

Mine is just a twist off cap. I've been dampening a cotton pad and applying it to my face and neck.

Interesting.
No spray bottle top for me!

Wow just looking at pics on Instagram. Does everyone's face tonic have a spray bottle top?

Mine is just a twist off cap. I've been dampening a cotton pad and applying it to my face and neck.

Interesting.
Mine had a spray top. Weird!

Wow just looking at pics on Instagram. Does everyone's face tonic have a spray bottle top? Mine is just a twist off cap. I've been dampening a cotton pad and applying it to my face and neck. Interesting.
Mine has a pump top?? It's actually a pretty decent size, too...the printed weight is on my bottle is .33 oz, but I compared it to other sample sizes I have with the same listed weight, and it's MUCH bigger...really happy with this one! And it smells amazing!!

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine has a pump top?? It's actually a pretty decent size, too...the printed weight is on my bottle is .33 oz, but I compared it to other sample sizes I have with the same listed weight, and it's MUCH bigger...really happy with this one! And it smells amazing!!
Yeah, I guess mine is technically a pump too. It looks like a perfume sample vial with a spray top. I LOVE the smell of it too!

Wow, the boxes look really great this month! I've been toying with the idea of resubbing to SS. I canceled a while back, simply because I was overrun with skincare and wanted to focus more on makeup. Now, my makeup stash is getting a bit ridiculous and I'm running low on good skincare. I think I'll sign back up for August. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just posted my review of this box on youtube. I was happy with most of my samples. My card said I was getting 2 full size item's and I only got one plus my supergoop was completely empty. Did anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just posted my review of this box on youtube. I was happy with most of my samples. My card said I was getting 2 full size item's and I only got one plus my supergoop was completely empty. Did anyone else have this problem?
My Supergoop was the exact same!  What in the world was up with THAT?!

So i got kit I and just want to say i really love the ecru shampoo! I have fine hair that tends to frizz, i used the shampoo n my hair is silky shiny and looks very healthy root to tip, ill be buying this full size. The tantasia self tanner by jane iredale i do not like, its very orange but once rubbed in is ok, the smell is very mettallic not at all like a creamsicle as stated on the card, its a better smell than most self tanners but it still smells. It would probably be great as a quick bronzer for arms and legs but to be honest i dont really care for it and the sample was pretty small. The supergoop eye cream i love and will purchase, ive tried a bunch of eye creams and i loved how it felt on, it did appear a little watery right out of the tube, i would squeeze tube a little first to mix it up a bit before applying. The eyeliner was pretty nice but i will need to try it another day or so before i make a decision on that. The tonic is nice but ill have to try it for a few days to see if i feel or see a difference in my skin. Well hope u all enjoyed ur samples i cant wait for next month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh, yay, I signed up for that UPS thing that notifies you the day before a package will be delivered, and this should be here tomorrow! Kit B over here. nI'm really looking forward to the shampoo and hand cream.

Back