Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to resubscribe, but I'd love it if anyone has a promo code.  I can't find anything online.

I'm about to resubscribe, but I'd love it if anyone has a promo code.  I can't find anything online.
Sample Society doesn't have promos for their sub

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sample Society doesn't have promos for their sub
That's odd because I'm at the page to pay for the subscription and there is a box that says "Sample Society Promotion Code" for me to enter a code into. I'm confused.

Never mind, I called them and they said that's the place where you can enter a Promo Code if you've been given one as a gift.  She admitted it was confusing.  Oh well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just posted my review of this box on youtube. I was happy with most of my samples. My card said I was getting 2 full size item's and I only got one plus my supergoop was completely empty. Did anyone else have this problem?

Quote: Originally Posted by abreeskye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Supergoop was the exact same!  What in the world was up with THAT?!

I also had this issue. I decided to email them about it since I've heard such good things about their customer service and this is the response I got:

Quote: Thanks for reaching out to us. I am so sorry that your sample of Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream arrived empty. That is very strange, and I apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused. Let me get this sorted out for you right away.

It turns out this mix-up might end up working out to your advantage. Since we do not have the individual samples ready to be shipped, we are actually going to ship you out an entirely new Sample Society box for the month of July. Your replacement Order Number is , and you will receive an email with your scheduled delivery date and tracking information as soon as the box ships out of our fulfillment center.

It's really great that they would do that. I'm just sad it didn't happen to a box that I could get more use out of 
satisfied.gif
. I wasn't crazy about the nail polish. The last time I bought or wore a color like that was 6th grade. 

Wow, oh Wow!

I got my box today, and like many others, my Supergoop sample was empty. I shot off a short e-mail to customer service,letting them know I had received an empty sample, and to please send me a full sample. Well, not more than 15 minutes later, I got an "Thank you for your order" e-mail from beautybar.com, for a full size ($45 value) Supergoop Eye Cream!

I'm so shocked by beauty bar's amazing customer service! I'll definitely be keeping Sample Society! Their customer service rocks!

ETA: I just received an e-mail from the customer service rep, that helped me. She responded with an e-mail that was completely personalized. She mentioned that she loved my name, and when she was little she would always name her dolls Kira
wub.gif

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We're gonna be groceryless together, because I freakin LOVE that stuff!!!!!
I'm going to search the net for a deal.  Even with the $15 off, $50 is still pricey for toner.  

What the fuckkkk. I had an empty sample and got a $5 credit...you guys are getting full sizes and full boxes. I don't know how I feel about this..I don't order off of beautybar and the credit doesn't really do much for me.. I don't mean to complain...but seriouslyyy

What the fuckkkk. I had an empty sample and got a $5 credit...you guys are getting full sizes and full boxes. I don't know how I feel about this..I don't order off of beautybar and the credit doesn't really do much for me.. I don't mean to complain...but seriouslyyy
I kind of feel the same way. I got a $10 credit, but I doubt I would use it. I just can't afford to buy anything else right now. I appreciate that they are trying to make the empty sample situation right, however I don't really like the inconsistency. I think everyone should be compensated the same way, whatever that way may be. I don't understand the thought process in sending someone a new box, someone else a full-size product, and other people different amounts of credit. It's a little unfair. 

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of feel the same way. I got a $10 credit, but I doubt I would use it. I just can't afford to buy anything else right now. I appreciate that they are trying to make the empty sample situation right, however I don't really like the inconsistency. I think everyone should be compensated the same way, whatever that way may be. I don't understand the thought process in sending someone a new box, someone else a full-size product, and other people different amounts of credit. It's a little unfair. 
hello,

I really don't mean to complain, I don't want to seem ungrateful, however, in my July Sample Society box, I received an empty SuperGoop eye cream sample. When I emailed about this, I received a $5 credit. I belong to a forum of sorts where we discuss subscription services and many others have received entire replacement boxes($15) or a full size supergoop eye cream($45). I don't usually order off of BeautyBar.com so, sadly, the credit will go unused. I do think that when problems with Sample Society arise, you should have a set protocol so that there isn't such a disparity in resolutions. I also think that giving people credits should be off the table as I'm not inclined to spend MORE money after I just spent $15 on a subscription box with which there was a problem.

Thank you,
                Katlyne Simmons
    I just sent them that email, I hope they don't think I'm trying to be rude.

hello,

I really don't mean to complain, I don't want to seem ungrateful, however, in my July Sample Society box, I received an empty SuperGoop eye cream sample. When I emailed about this, I received a $5 credit. I belong to a forum of sorts where we discuss subscription services and many others have received entire replacement boxes($15) or a full size supergoop eye cream($45). I don't usually order off of BeautyBar.com so, sadly, the credit will go unused. I do think that when problems with Sample Society arise, you should have a set protocol so that there isn't such a disparity in resolutions. I also think that giving people credits should be off the table as I'm not inclined to spend MORE money after I just spent $15 on a subscription box with which there was a problem.

Thank you,
                Katlyne Simmons
    I just sent them that email, I hope they don't think I'm trying to be rude.
I think that's really good. Also, if you want you could call. When I called they were really sweet and nice to me and refunded me the $15 back into my checking account.  But hopefully they'll do that for you from the e-mail! Good luck!

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that's really good. Also, if you want you could call. When I called they were really sweet and nice to me and refunded me the $15 back into my checking account.  But hopefully they'll do that for you from the e-mail! Good luck!
thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> theyre sending me a new box. I feel bad since I only really wanted the sample, but I guess it'll be useful for my trade list? oh goodness I feel so bad. I've got too many morals. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> theyre sending me a new box. I feel bad since I only really wanted the sample, but I guess it'll be useful for my trade list? oh goodness I feel so bad. I've got too many morals. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh god I felt so bad too!!! I was apologizing to whoever I talked to over and over haha. But I love their customer service.

Ugh...I know ;/ Let me know what you find with your super sleuthing skills!!!
I emailed them about the eyegoop sample and they gave me a $10 credit that I can use with the $15 code so the Toner would be $40.  

Still way high, but much better than $65!

I emailed them about the eyegoop sample and they gave me a $10 credit that I can use with the $15 code so the Toner would be $40.   Still way high, but much better than $65!
GAH! To echo past rants on this thread, I HATE the inconsistencies of SS customer service...as you know, I got Kit I, and because we did a trade you got to see EXACTLY how empty my Tantasia sample was, in addition to the Supergoop.. When I called their CS, they apologized profusely (the girl really was super sweet), and she arranged to send me another Kit I, which was very nice of her, but I DO NOT want ANOTHER damn box with 2 out 5 samples COMPLETELY EMPTY *slams head against the wall*

GAH! To echo past rants on this thread, I HATE the inconsistencies of SS customer service...as you know, I got Kit I, and because we did a trade you got to see EXACTLY how empty my Tantasia sample was, in addition to the Supergoop..

When I called their CS, they apologized profusely (the girl really was super sweet), and she arranged to send me another Kit I, which was very nice of her, but I DO NOT want ANOTHER damn box with 2 out 5 samples COMPLETELY EMPTY

*slams head against the wall*
Yeah.  It appears that these sub companies don't have any set policies established for how to deal with the various issues that come up...which leads to the inconsistencies in CS responses.  Have they already sent you another kit?  Maybe you could ask for credit instead?    

Yeah.  It appears that these sub companies don't have any set policies established for how to deal with the various issues that come up...which leads to the inconsistencies in CS responses.  Have they already sent you another kit?  Maybe you could ask for credit instead?    
I'm searching for the email they sent me, but I can't find it because my inbox is atrocious...maybe I should just call them again

Yep, the CS is fairly inconsistent. I also received a nearly empty eye cream and emailed Beauty Bar about it.

I received a very nice response that they ran out of boxes B and individual eye cream samples, but they would still like me to experience the product. So the CS rep manually applied a $25 discount that works only for that eye cream to my account, which I later found out stacks with the Sample Society monthly discount. I got a full-sized eye cream, 3 free samples and a travel-sized Korres shower duo for $13 shipped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sure it's not a freebie, like many of you got, but I'm still happy and think that I got a nice deal here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Estimated Delivery: Friday, Jul. 19
Qty
Description
Item Price
Discount
Subtotal
1 Sample:Juara Body Creme, Candlenut-Sample Packette $0.00 $0.00 FREE
1 Sample:dermalogica Super Sensitive SPF 30 Sample Packette $0.00 $0.00 FREE
1 Sample:Ecru New York Luxe Treatment Shampoo Sample Packette $0.00 $0.00 FREE
1 Korres Fresh Fruit Showergel Duo $8.00 $0.00 $8.00 1 Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream $45.00 $0.00 $45.00
Order Summary
Subtotal:
$53.00
Shipping Fee: $0 Credits: $15.00 Manu. Coupon: $25.00 Total
$13.00

Back