Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got Kit I and had the same problem with basically having no product in the tubes for the bronzer and eye cream. But their customer service seriously does rock. They refunded me my money for this month and were so sweet. Even though I was disappointed, there is no way I'd cancel after such a great experience with their customer service! A+++ 
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got Kit I and had the same problem with basically having no product in the tubes for the bronzer and eye cream. But their customer service seriously does rock. They refunded me my money for this month and were so sweet. Even though I was disappointed, there is no way I'd cancel after such a great experience with their customer service! A+++ 
claps.gif
I've seen everyone here posts about how SS's CS is wonderful but the only time I had to call them I was quite disappointed.  Maybe the rep I got was having a bad day.  Everyone on MUT that had the same issue with a product as me got a replacement product or a new box.  I was told that my product was fine but she'd give me a $2.00 credit off my next order, valid for the next 5 days.  Umm, thanks.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen everyone here posts about how SS's CS is wonderful but the only time I had to call them I was quite disappointed.  Maybe the rep I got was having a bad day.  Everyone on MUT that had the same issue with a product as me got a replacement product or a new box.  I was told that my product was fine but she'd give me a $2.00 credit off my next order, valid for the next 5 days.  Umm, thanks.
icon_neutral.gif
Noooo that's awful! I'm sorry your experience was like that! 
sadno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

claps.gif

icon_neutral.gif

I'd email them and let them know that this is not acceptable because you've been told by friends who had issues that they got replacements and you got a $2 credit valid for the next five days. If they can't handle a same why would you order from them?

icon_neutral.gif
They told me that before, a couple months ago when one of my products had leaked all over everything. It was disappointing. This month I explained that I was moving soon and I didn't want a credit because I couldn't afford to spend anything in order to use it. I said that I either wanted a replacement of my two samples or nothing. I'm happy that I got the replacements! :) Maybe I was a bit rude, but honestly a credit this month wouldn't have made me happy. Plus with the awesome CS I'm going to keep them for another couple months.

There is very little in my supergoop sample too, honestly it's not that big a deal to me.  The sample is tiny and with the full size supergoop from my PS box, I'm ok.

People bring back their used sponge poofs to Bath and Body Works that had fallen apart because they never bothered to replace them...I am talking about sponges that had been used for YEARS! Gross, just  :sick: No one... NO ONE wants to touch that shit.  
Hahaha!! I used to do this but only after a month or so, and I always put mine in a plastic Baggie first. I can't imagine just walking into the store with an old cruddy body sponge!! Does B&BW still even exchange sponges? I thought they did away with that.

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha!! I used to do this but only after a month or so, and I always put mine in a plastic Baggie first. I can't imagine just walking into the store with an old cruddy body sponge!! Does B&BW still even exchange sponges? I thought they did away with that.
Well, they don't really do it anymore but if someone brought a sponge that fell apart say after only a few uses, I'm sure they'd be happy to exchange it.  It's not something they advertise like they used to, I think because they've lowered the price of the sponges (they used to be $6 now they're $3.50) and they are easy to find in other stores for much cheaper.  

I replace my body poofs and kitchen sponges out once a month just because I'm paranoid about too much bacteria growth.  But I usually use my discount on the B&BW ones because I like the size and they feel more substantial than the ones sold at the dollar stores or Wal-mart/Target.  

Originally Posted by Kira Sanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the box I'm getting, and I wasn't sure how I should feel, lol. There's a perfume sample, ans we all know how we feel about those,lol. And the shampoo, is suppose to be for those with dandruff, which I don't suffer from, so I'm not sure why they're sending it to me! What do you think about the mascara?
I know I'm late replying to this, but if you're asking about the quality of the mascara I think it's wonderful.  I use it quite often with no flaking or smudging the whole day.  I love the way my lashes look with this stuff. 

Jane Iredale will send you a free sample of this and their lash primer if you ask them to.  So not sure I'd want to see it in my sample box, but as far as the quality of the product, I think you'll be pleased. 

They told me that before, a couple months ago when one of my products had leaked all over everything. It was disappointing. This month I explained that I was moving soon and I didn't want a credit because I couldn't afford to spend anything in order to use it. I said that I either wanted a replacement of my two samples or nothing. I'm happy that I got the replacements! :) Maybe I was a bit rude, but honestly a credit this month wouldn't have made me happy. Plus with the awesome CS I'm going to keep them for another couple months.
I'd email them and let them know that this is not acceptable because you've been told by friends who had issues that they got replacements and you got a $2 credit valid for the next five days. If they can't handle a same why would you order from them?
This is what I should have done (it was a few months ago) but I'm too timid at times. I'm getting better though.

I just received my box (read: the UPS man dropped it off on my door step 3 minutes ago and I just got everything unboxed).  I honestly don't care about the other items in my box - the Lavanila perfume and Vincent Longo eyeshadow trio are worth more to me than the $15 I paid for this box.  I adore the Lavanila Pure Vanilla perfume and I think the colors in the Vincent Longo eyeshadow trio (Sweet Melody - light pink, dark purple, and green -- yes, this is the over-simplified version of the colors) will look fabulous on my hazel/green eyes.  Well done, Sample Society.  Well done indeed.

I think I had a reaction to the Jane Iredale lip/cheek stain that was sent in a previous box (in May, I think?) and am slightly apprehensive about trying the lipstick.  Did anyone else experience a burning sensation with the Jane Iredale lip/cheek stain?  I don't know what might have caused it.  The Jane Iredale lipstick samples are super adorable though.  I'll give them that.

Is the Supergoop Eye Cream just a glorified eye-area sunscreen?  The only two ingredients listed are sunscreens.  

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my box (read: the UPS man dropped it off on my door step 3 minutes ago and I just got everything unboxed).  I honestly don't care about the other items in my box - the Lavanila perfume and Vincent Longo eyeshadow trio are worth more to me than the $15 I paid for this box.  I adore the Lavanila Pure Vanilla perfume and I think the colors in the Vincent Longo eyeshadow trio (Sweet Melody - light pink, dark purple, and green -- yes, this is the over-simplified version of the colors) will look fabulous on my hazel/green eyes.  Well done, Sample Society.  Well done indeed.

I think I had a reaction to the Jane Iredale lip/cheek stain that was sent in a previous box (in May, I think?) and am slightly apprehensive about trying the lipstick.  Did anyone else experience a burning sensation with the Jane Iredale lip/cheek stain?  I don't know what might have caused it.  The Jane Iredale lipstick samples are super adorable though.  I'll give them that.

Is the Supergoop Eye Cream just a glorified eye-area sunscreen?  The only two ingredients listed are sunscreens.  
What kit did you get?  I haven't seen the Lavanilla perfume yet.  That sounds like a great box!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My eye  cream and tanning item were both completely empty. I squeezed and squeezed and stepped on the tubes and pretty much did everything I could and nothing came out of either. It was pretty sad because for 2/5 items were worthless.
My too! They basically gave me an empty bottle of the Supergoop Eye Cream and I know how much should be in there because I had a sample of it from Birchbox. This is my first SS box and I am not too thrilled especially with the late shipping, tiny samples and not to mention empty samples! My first impression of them as been tarnished, I hope they can redeem themselves next month because that's all I'm giving them until I cancel.

Here are the contents of my box (Kit J):

I have no clue how to put it as a spoiler. Sorry ladies!!

OMG!!! people, pleeeeease stop complaining!!! 

Every month you are witching non-stop about awful samples.

Do you think SS used all the cream from the sample of this eye cream and sent out what is left??? Maybe that was the reason for the delay :DDD

But seriously, it is not their fault that the company sampled so little in a big tube. The samples are ok. 

Those who got eye shadows covered the expense as it is full size. 

Originally Posted by Zaichik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think SS used all the cream from the sample of this eye cream and sent out what is left??? Maybe that was the reason for the delay :DDD

But seriously, it is not their fault that the company sampled so little in a big tube. The samples are ok. 

And who are you to tell people to "stop complaining"?

All of us here at MUT enjoy the right to freedom of speech granted by the U.S. Constitution, and our opinions on the samples we get are not going to be swayed by your judgmental remarks.

Originally Posted by Zaichik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa, that's totally harsh. Not everyone got the eyeshadow, so I don't see what difference that makes. I do know that everyone is welcome to have an opinion about things, whether good or bad, and just because one product in a box might have been full-size, I would still be perturbed if one of my samples had nothing in it, because that means I don't get to try that sample. That is the point of this service, isn't it? It isn't the "Full-size Stuff and Empty Tubes Society." Please try to be a little nicer here!

Seriously? Very few are happy with any boxes. Either there are too many skin care products or not enough, or nothing they like. It is not a pre-ordered box with everything you choose so there will be some disappointment or better sign up to a program where you can mix and match. I was also quite disappointed with last 2 boxes and thought to cancel if this box sucks. SS makes it up to the clients though they don't have to as birchbox or ipsy who btw did not care when they sent out an empty bb cream. I feel sorry for SS that so many people do not appreciate one bit the service they get. SS should do the same as their competitors: not care a damn.

Latest posts

Back