Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zadi-

I have bought things from this company since the only storefront was diapers.com - 6 years at least. I have never once had a cc issue. I would lay the blame on Paypal. I tend not to do anything with Paypal- it is just not as consumer friendly as one would hope.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up cancelling... again. LOL Between their screw up of my account earlier in the month coupled with the fact they said they can't charge my credit card (despite there being a $16.25 charge) I cancelled again. I liked the items in my boxes the last few months but with credit card issues I get spooked easily. See what happened was that last week or the week before (can't recall when) I went to check my account for something and saw I couldn't get onto my dashboard. The site acted as if my account was cancelled. I meant to call them to find out what happened but didn't and a few days later everything was fine again. Over the weekend I check my account and see that I've been billed for July but then yesterday I get an email from them saying "We've Had a Problem Charging Your Credit Card". So I called and the lady I spoke to said it looks like they tried to charge my account TODAY (late last night/early this morning) but couldn't. I told her but the account was already charged on July 3 with payment taken out. She said it looks like payment was attempted on the 4th but couldn't go through. I'm chalking this up to their system being screwy though it can be an issue with Paypal since I had problems with Ipsy billing me as well. So no idea if I'm getting the July box or not despite that it's been paid for (according to Paypal) because they're saying it's not paid for.

Oh man, is no one else getting Kit J?! I'm a little nervous now -- kit I is a bit of a stinker.

The more I think about it them more I'm leaning towards Paypal since I've had issues with Testtube and was using a Paypal debit card and most recently before Sample Society with Ipsy and Paypal. The only thing that I am chalking it up to BeautyBar is my account looking like it was cancelled and then fine again a few days later. That's all before the recent billing so that has to be a BeautyBar glitch. I'm going back to using my bank card which I didn't want to do because I hate using the bank card for anything online.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zadi-

I have bought things from this company since the only storefront was diapers.com - 6 years at least. I have never once had a cc issue. I would lay the blame on Paypal. I tend not to do anything with Paypal- it is just not as consumer friendly as one would hope.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up cancelling... again. LOL Between their screw up of my account earlier in the month coupled with the fact they said they can't charge my credit card (despite there being a $16.25 charge) I cancelled again. I liked the items in my boxes the last few months but with credit card issues I get spooked easily. See what happened was that last week or the week before (can't recall when) I went to check my account for something and saw I couldn't get onto my dashboard. The site acted as if my account was cancelled. I meant to call them to find out what happened but didn't and a few days later everything was fine again. Over the weekend I check my account and see that I've been billed for July but then yesterday I get an email from them saying "We've Had a Problem Charging Your Credit Card". So I called and the lady I spoke to said it looks like they tried to charge my account TODAY (late last night/early this morning) but couldn't. I told her but the account was already charged on July 3 with payment taken out. She said it looks like payment was attempted on the 4th but couldn't go through. I'm chalking this up to their system being screwy though it can be an issue with Paypal since I had problems with Ipsy billing me as well. So no idea if I'm getting the July box or not despite that it's been paid for (according to Paypal) because they're saying it's not paid for.

Originally Posted by ScopeIt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man, is no one else getting Kit J?! I'm a little nervous now -- kit I is a bit of a stinker.
As someone who got stuck with that stupid Kit I, thank you for saying that! I am very, very, very, very tempted, when I get my box, to just write on it "Return to Sender" and stick it back in the mailbox. Blech!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The later kits are assigned to those who sign up after the first of the month. They generally don't have the more wanted items because ss puts together x number of boxes for their current subscribers, but then someone else signs up and they have to make another box.
This is my second month, thus a current subscriber, and I'm getting kit J.

I am getting Kit H.  I am very disappointed.  Anybody want my nail polish.  I don't do polish, nails get done with gel.  My toes, I pick out the colors at the salon and usually basic colors.  Everything else seems like it is thrown in the box.  

This is my second box. I was really pleased with my first box last month.  I may give one more month trial.  

Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am getting Kit H.  I am very disappointed.  Anybody want my nail polish.  I don't do polish, nails get done with gel.  My toes, I pick out the colors at the salon and usually basic colors.  Everything else seems like it is thrown in the box.  

This is my second box. I was really pleased with my first box last month.  I may give one more month trial.  
I would love to receive that nail polish in my box! I'm going to start praying that they slip up and accidentally place it in my box lol

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I tried to get my contents (kit B) yesterday when I called to change my CC information. I'm really not impressed with their coy "that would spoil the surprise!" response. They are not as amazing and special as they think they are.
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL...right?! I was pretty shocked, and then pretty saddened when he finally relented and told me what was in my box...

Aaaand I just noticed that I screwed up the spoiler portion of my last post :/ I should not even attempt to be doing this stuff early in the morning without drinking Diet Coke first.

Must. get. Diet. Coke.!
I'm surprised... Armando didn't even hesitate. He asked me, "do you want to me tell you over the phone or email it to you?" 

Off topic:: every time I say Armando in my head I think of armadillos. 
turtle.gif
 <- closest thing to armadillo. 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to receive that nail polish in my box! I'm going to start praying that they slip up and accidentally place it in my box lol
Trust me--I'm praying they slip up and send me the wrong box entirely--so right there with you! LOL

I don't know how to quote from phone yet.... But what you got??? Want to trade? I know the polish is expensive. I've seen it at Neiman Marcus.

I don't know how to quote from phone yet....

But what you got??? Want to trade? I know the polish is expensive. I've seen it at Neiman Marcus.
I would if I could! I don't really have anything to trade for it lol.

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting the same kit and I have to say I am excited about it.  I think this is going to be my favorite Sample Society box because of the hand cream and face product.  I don't think the eye shadow is for me, but I'll give it a try and see.  I'm just happy it isn't a neutral/nude type of product. 
My box comes tomorrow.  I already set up to trade the products I don't think will work for me.  Assuming everything is accurate and my box arrives as scheduled, it'll end up be a pretty great box for me (even if I have to trade some of the items).

I like the idea of the eyeshadow, but I have a quad of shadow that's very similar to the one I'm getting and as much as I like the idea of bold colored eyeshadow, I know I'll only wear it either as eyeliner or on special occasions, so a more neutral/nude would've worked better for me personally.

I'm getting Kit E. It still says 'In Process,' and Shipping is set for July 9th. I haven't received any email yet from them. My dashboard hasn't updated with the products I'm receiving. I'm not mad that it's shipping late. Things happen, and they're typically pretty good about getting them out by the 1st or second, I'm just anxious! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box comes tomorrow.  I already set up to trade the products I don't think will work for me.  Assuming everything is accurate and my box arrives as scheduled, it'll end up be a pretty great box for me (even if I have to trade some of the items). I like the idea of the eyeshadow, but I have a quad of shadow that's very similar to the one I'm getting and as much as I like the idea of bold colored eyeshadow, I know I'll only wear it either as eyeliner or on special occasions, so a more neutral/nude would've worked better for me personally.
My box should arrive on Thursday, and assuming I'm sent the same crappy box displayed on my dashboard, it'll still be salvageable because of a very awesome MUT'er! Happy Camper!! :yesss:

Nordstroms sells this polish.... They have a great return policy. Maybe I can go exchange it there??? Hehe
They have an AMAZING return policy. A couple of years ago I bought jeans there while I was on vacation in California. They didn't fit right, and I returned them once I got back to RI. I lost my receipt. They returned it, no questions asked, and they gave me CASH.

I remember seeing Kathy Griffin do stand-up and she had a joke saying her mom could return a half eaten hot dog to Nordstroms for Cash.

Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have an AMAZING return policy. A couple of years ago I bought jeans there while I was on vacation in California. They didn't fit right, and I returned them once I got back to RI. I lost my receipt. They returned it, no questions asked, and they gave me CASH.

I remember seeing Kathy Griffin do stand-up and she had a joke saying her mom could return a half eaten hot dog to Nordstroms for Cash.
It's true.  I bought shoes to wear for my sisters wedding, but she called off the wedding so I returned the shoes, but I had already worn them around the house and scuffed up the soles and such.  I should've kept them but I couldn't justify keeping $90 heels in an off color that would've only been worn a few times.  Nordstrom took them back no questions asked.  (I had my receipt though and paid on credit card, so they just gave me back what I paid for them on my card).

Latest posts

Back