Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, I got the booby prize. 
bawling.gif
 Cancelled IMMEDIATELY and wrote them a long explanation of why. Just wish I hadn't left out why I don't like the first sample too. I'm wondering if they really sold out of pretty much all the good boxes and I was just too late in signing back up for the month. Such a shame though. I remember getting SS in the past (3-4 boxes last year) and they were great. But, back then, everyone got the same thing. I just feel so very cheated this month. I'm not even sure if I will use the one sample I like (eye cream--that I think everyone is getting) or just put the whole box on ebay to try and get my money back. Feeling blue...
whipping.gif
(SS on left, me on the right. "No good box for you!!!")

• I NEVER use shampoo sent in subs as it always contains SLS. I think many of you guys know of my passionate hatred of self tanners, lol! Even the makeup disappointed me--a boring black eyeliner--soooo wanted the Vincent Longo eyeshadow. I *may* try the tonic and I *probably* will try the eye cream, but everyone got those. So basically, I hate all my variations with a passion. Sigh...
  •  

bawling.gif

• I NEVER use shampoo sent in subs as it always contains SLS. I think many of you guys know of my passionate hatred of self tanners, lol! Even the makeup disappointed me--a boring black eyeliner--soooo wanted the Vincent Longo eyeshadow. I *may* try the tonic and I *probably* will try the eye cream, but everyone got those. So basically, I hate all my variations with a passion. Sigh...
  •  
Welcome to the club, lol

Originally Posted by iluvdandelions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My dashboard shows I'm getting Kit I:

• Ecru New York Luxe Treatment Shampoo-2 oz.-SS
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil-Black SS
  • Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream SS
  • Tres Pure Face Tonic_SS
Aha Dandelions! So my kit letter is I, huh? Were you as bummed out as I was? I hope you like it better than I did cause it made me want to 
sick.gif

What box letter is that?

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bawling.gif
 Cancelled IMMEDIATELY and wrote them a long explanation of why. Just wish I hadn't left out why I don't like the first sample too. I'm wondering if they really sold out of pretty much all the good boxes and I was just too late in signing back up for the month. Such a shame though. I remember getting SS in the past (3-4 boxes last year) and they were great. But, back then, everyone got the same thing. I just feel so very cheated this month. I'm not even sure if I will use the one sample I like (eye cream--that I think everyone is getting) or just put the whole box on ebay to try and get my money back. Feeling blue...
whipping.gif
(SS on left, me on the right. "No good box for you!!!")

•  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Le sigh. Mine (kit B) is showing as backordered, and it still doesn't list the contents.
Yup. I'm wondering what in the world are we getting that's backordered...

Looks like everybody gets the tonic.

Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil-Black is quite good. I got it before and it is very decent. At first I thought I would get rid of the pencil but nobody wanted it so I ended up using it myself.

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No clue... I'm getting Kit I
wink.gif
Oh, I thought we were discussing kit B.

Well, as I am going to be away till Friday I am kind of relieved that the box won't arrive while I am not at home. But damn! I wanna know what is inside. Fingers crossed for By Terry :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my first month for sample society, and so far it's late and I'm getting kit I. Pretty disappointed. How do you know the kit letter? My dashboard doesn't say, so I just figured it ot from the forum. Hopefully the kits get better - would have loved some eyeshadow, or any kind of make up!

Hmm...for some reason I can't get the quoting feature to work right now. 

Tiffany--Sorry, I didn't realize you were as unhappy with yours as I am with that same box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Zadidoll--Based on what others have posted, it looks like the kit I got and posted in my spoiler is Kit I (that's I as in AEIOU, not the number 1--I hate when it is hard to tell the difference between those two with a font, lol!) But, I don't know how to know the actual kit letter, so I'm just going based on my box matching some others on here.

Here is the content of kit B (according to CS Andy)

Lollia Wander Petite Treat Handcreme

Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream

Tres Pure Face Tonic

Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trios- Stella Untold

Red Flower Ocean Hair Wash
It is a pity no By Terry for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

But I will use everything. Even eyeshadows will work.

Originally Posted by Zaichik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is the content of kit B (according to CS Andy)

Lollia Wander Petite Treat Handcreme

Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream

Tres Pure Face Tonic

Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trios- Stella Untold

Red Flower Ocean Hair Wash
It is a pity no By Terry for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

But I will use everything. Even eyeshadows will work.
That's a great box!!!!!

Kit A

1.Vincent Longo Eyeshadow - Paradise Love

2.Tres Pure Face Tonic .33 oz

3.Dr T’s SuperGoop Advanced Eye Cream

4. Lollia At Last Shea Butter Hand Cream

5. Ouidad Moisture Lock Define and Shine 2 oz

Kit B

1. Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trios- Stella Untold

2. Tres Pure Face Tonic

3. Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream

4. Lollia Wander Petite Treat Handcreme

5. Red Flower Ocean Hair Wash
Kit G

1. Vincent Longo Eyeshadow Trio in Sweet Melody

2. Tres Pure Face Tonic

3. Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream

4. Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper

5. Lavanila Pure Vanilla
Kit H

1.Deborah Lippman Private Dancer

2.Tres Pure Face Tonic .33 oz

3.Dr T’s SuperGoop Advanced Eye Cream

4.Reem Acra Perfume sample

5.By Terry Cellularose Brightening Serum

Kit I

• Ecru New York Luxe Treatment Shampoo-2 oz.-SS
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil-Black SS
  • Dr. T's Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Eye Cream SS
  • Tres Pure Face Tonic_SS

I got Kit I too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For some reason, I always expect SS to impress me but they seem to consistently underwhelm me. I resubscribed after seeing the spoilers from the other boxes. I really wanted the nail polish, but I would have been okay with all of the other boxes. Instead I get another tanning product. Apparently, I've started a collection of them.

Kit B is almost exactly the same as Kit E, though I don't remember 

which Lollia scent I'm getting, and the eyeshadow is Serendipity.  The Supergoop eye cream, Tres Pure tonic, and Red Flower Ocean hair wash are the same.  

The later kits are assigned to those who sign up after the first of the month. They generally don't have the more wanted items because ss puts together x number of boxes for their current subscribers, but then someone else signs up and they have to make another box.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The later kits are assigned to those who sign up after the first of the month. They generally don't have the more wanted items because ss puts together x number of boxes for their current subscribers, but then someone else signs up and they have to make another box.
Thanks for explaining Katlyne. Quite honestly, I would have *much, much* rather they simply told me they sold out so I had to go on the waitlist than to have them take my money and send me a box of complete crap. Not angry at you. Not shooting the messenger. Just being honest. I don't know why they would approach it this way. If they are trying to get a new customer, this is the wrong way to go about it!

I'm getting the same kit and I have to say I am excited about it.  I think this is going to be my favorite Sample Society box because of the hand cream and face product.  I don't think the eye shadow is for me, but I'll give it a try and see.  I'm just happy it isn't a neutral/nude type of product. 

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My dashboard updated

I'm getting Kit A

Latest posts

Back