Sample Society: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrote my blog post. I estimated the Jane Iredale sample at about $5ish and came up to a total box value of about $29

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wrote my blog post. I estimated the Jane Iredale sample at about $5ish and came up to a total box value of about $29
I did a lot of digging on that sample and actually finally found how much is in there, the mini we got is only .03 oz. less than a full size tube, so my sample price is at 15.62. My whole box I put a price of 39.15 on.

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did a lot of digging on that sample and actually finally found how much is in there, the mini we got is only .03 oz. less than a full size tube, so my sample price is at 15.62. My whole box I put a price of 39.15 on.
Awesome! Gonna edit my blog to reflect that. Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone get one of the mystery boxes?
Not at those prices. I'm fine with paying $30 or $40, but I thought this time they were asking WAY too much.

I love having that cute little lip plumper in my purse! And the Murad is a new "must have" for me! I absolutely love the last box which was my first box also! My mom just subbed to SS and the July box will be her first and she's so excited! She saw what I got and was like
icon_eek.gif
. LOL! I can't wait to find out what we get! The suspense is killing me!

Umm..I'm a bit put out..I ordered an Art of Shaving kit for Father's day with a $25 off towards a future full sized kit purchase....well, I just followed up with the papa about it..Good news, he absolutely loves the kit and had been eyeballing the brand forever, but felt guilty about spending that much towards "a nice shave." Lol, I've got him singing a new tune...bad news...NO coupon! That was the main reason I bought that kit and not another brands, so he would be able to offset the cost towards a future purchase and not feel guilty,..

Plus, am I the only one who never received my Allure subscription? CS said they'd taken care of it and it would be arriving in June, but it never came! I'm perturbed, but not pissed. I've had great experiences with BeautyBar/SS CS so far...except for the first inquiry about my Allure magazines...hmm.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Umm..I'm a bit put out..I ordered an Art of Shaving kit for Father's day with a $25 off towards a future full sized kit purchase....well, I just followed up with the papa about it..Good news, he absolutely loves the kit and had been eyeballing the brand forever, but felt guilty about spending that much towards "a nice shave." Lol, I've got him singing a new tune...bad news...NO coupon! That was the main reason I bought that kit and not another brands, so he would be able to offset the cost towards a future purchase and not feel guilty,..

Plus, am I the only one who never received my Allure subscription? CS said they'd taken care of it and it would be arriving in June, but it never came! I'm perturbed, but not pissed. I've had great experiences with BeautyBar/SS CS so far...except for the first inquiry about my Allure magazines...hmm.
That's no good. I just received my first Allure yesterday, so you may still be getting yours.

Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's no good. I just received my first Allure yesterday, so you may still be getting yours.

I just shot them an email, I'm perturbed because my dad's old school and would never "blow" $90 on a kit(full price) and I specifically got it because of the coupon..not there...and second time inquiring about my Allure and I've already been subbed for over 3 months? I shot off an email, but when I get outta work, I think I'll just be calling them. I'd like this cleared up as soon as possible and I do adore their CS. I've had to call from previous issues with orders and they were oh so wonderful and polite.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am only on my second box with SS (should be arriving next week), but I got my July Allure a week or so ago. I got the June issue several days after the July issue. Not sure what that's about, but at least I'm getting it without having to call customer service. I hope yours gets straightened out!

Yeah i just noticed this too- i subbed in may, got my first box in June and today I got the June Allure. Hope the July Allure comes soon! I bummed that my ulta coupon was already expired! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am only on my second box with SS (should be arriving next week), but I got my July Allure a week or so ago. I got the June issue several days after the July issue. Not sure what that's about, but at least I'm getting it without having to call customer service. I hope yours gets straightened out!
Well, I contacted Conde Naste directly and was able to fix up my yearly sub without any issues. The woman was super polite, friendly and efficient. But I did not find any resolution with SS CS, which is odd because I've really enjoyed them and haven't had any problems before. I let them know that the advertisement, which still shows the same info, does not match what I received. I expected and purchased the kit because of that coupon towards future purchase being a major factor. The only response I got was that a coupon should have been included. I was miffed, because..duh, I know that and that's why I was contacting them. Apparently the coupon is for the product's flagship store, so I guess BeautyBar doesn't care because they won't make any money off of it? I'm left frustrated, because they never answered my question or tried to resolve anything. I am going to call and persue one more time, then drop it. What else is my option.

That's a lot of product left! I frequently cut my tubes open to eke the last bit out or stick them in little pots, which is what I did with the Dr. Jart's.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget to cut the end off your Caudalie tube... 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget to cut the end off your Caudalie tube... 

I feel like a moron for not thinking of this myself. Thank you for sharing!!! I already used and tossed my Caudalie, but I'm sure I'll remember this trick next time I get a tiny tube! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like a moron for not thinking of this myself. Thank you for sharing!!! I already used and tossed my Caudalie, but I'm sure I'll remember this trick next time I get a tiny tube! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol, I am right there with you. And seeing as how we got a tiny tube of eye cream again this month I will definitely be doing this!

Back