Sample Society: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tried mine this morning, and had the exact same experience. Kind of dumb on Caudalie's part- no way would I purchase a $95 eye cream based on trying it out just once! 
madno.gif

My eye cream was almost empty as well. What a waste of plastic

Write to complain. Who do they think they are, BB?!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did write last night before I went to bed- They're sending me a new one. The rep said that barely one application didn't sound right to her, either. 

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My eye cream was almost empty as well. What a waste of plastic
Lol @ waste of plastic, so true. I'd complain but never use that product anyway.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did write last night before I went to bed- They're sending me a new one. The rep said that barely one application didn't sound right to her, either. 
I had the same problem, tube was almost empty and had just enough product for one application. I also emailed, but got a different response to my email:

"[SIZE=10pt]Amanda, the samples you receive are the same exact samples we receive from the manufacturer, I really wish we were able to personally send out bigger samples, but what you receive is what we have to work with.[/SIZE]" 

Along with a promise to speak to someone about the sample size. Not quite sure why their responses to people with the same problem are different. I'll give it another month or two though, hopefully this doesn't happen again. The whole reason I pay more for this box is for the more than one use samples- so to get one with only one application in my first box is very disappointing! Especially since I was really looking forward to trying out that eye cream and would have bought it if it was good. I loved the rest of the box though. those are REAL deluxe samples!

I got my box yesterday. My eye cream is also like a drop of eye cream in it, so I'm a bit mad, but it happens. I thought this box was a good fit for me because I have moderate acne and dark circles. I'm Loving this subscription so far!

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL, my thoughts exactly.  Mine had enuff for 1 eye.  I'm crooked.  I just called SS and they are shipping another sample tube out to me.  I think everyone should let them know, the rep was so surprised that it was empty.

Originally Posted by LahDiDah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are we the same person? 
smiletongue.gif
Hee hee fragrance twins? What do you think of the perfume in our SS box? What other fragrances do you love?

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOVE the perfume! omg smells so good!
Do you want mine? I tried it, but I don't think it goes well with my chemistry. I'd happily send you mine. I don't really need a trade (and I'll pay the shipping), but if you have anything you want to get rid of, I'd happily take you up.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hee hee fragrance twins? What do you think of the perfume in our SS box? What other fragrances do you love?
It smells better than I thought it would, but I don't think it would work well with me. I really like Amazing Grace & Pure Grace. I also like Clean Ultimate D & G 3 L'Imperatrice.

Ooo..I am curious, too...I hope someone did. I wasn't going to purchase one that costly with so much unknown, so I passed this time lol..

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone get one of the mystery boxes?

So I will finally be receiving my box (that shipped on the 2nd) on Monday the 11th, even though it actually arrived in my city on Thursday. Mind you I have had some shipping issue or another every single month with SS since it launched. THAT combined with the meh items they have been sending out has helped me decide to cancel this box. Sucks because I really wanted to like this one. But after 4 boxes I think I have gotten a pretty good feel for it and its not for me. I dont even get excited to get this box, and thats a major problem for me. Its kind of like- then why am I getting it for? 

On the bright side, I am getting my first Conscious box on Monday as well, and depending on how that goes, I may essentially swap one sub for the other. 

Wish me luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Does anyone have a Murad clarifying cleanser they're interested in swapping? Haven't really seen any on the trade threads and I know people were not wanting them lol...PM me please!

Originally Posted by LahDiDah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It smells better than I thought it would, but I don't think it would work well with me. I really like Amazing Grace & Pure Grace. I also like Clean Ultimate D & G 3 L'Imperatrice.
I have Clean Ultimate and I like it, but not as much as Amazing Grace. I will now have to try D&G 3 L'Imperatrice! Thanks!

Does anyone have a Murad clarifying cleanser they're interested in swapping? Haven't really seen any on the trade threads and I know people were not wanting them lol...PM me please!
Please PM me. My husband and I ended up both sensitive to some of the ingredients, and my tube is unopened.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo..I am curious, too...I hope someone did. I wasn't going to purchase one that costly with so much unknown, so I passed this time lol..
I was tempted to get one, but then the moment passed and I realized I could just spend my money on something I knew for certain that I wanted.  But I am really curious, there was one post on their FB page from someone that got it (and was very happy with it) but she didn't specify what she got
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are probably a lot of people who are just waiting for their boxes to land before they update their swap lists.  I know there's at least one of them:  Me!

Hey guys! I actually JUST signed up for Sample Society today and my first box will ship July 2nd! Right now im only subscribed to Birchbox so Im excited to add another subscription to my obsession lol Im hoping I will like it as much as Birchbox if not more, and I think its pretty cool that Ill get a free magazine each month, plus the $15 coupon that you can use if you buy anything at all from any brand in your box sounds pretty sweet as well  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess ill be posting my official thoughts come July!!

xX Michelle

Back