Sample Society: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that you get more for your money with BB. And the fact that it only costs $10.00 makes it a better deal when you get a $30.00 product in your box. Which has happened for me at least 4 times in the last 6 months. 

Are there others still waiting for their dashboard to update and a tracking number to be posted? It seems a lot of people already have both.

Haven't checked my dashboard, but I already got my shipment notice and delivery is expected by 6/07

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there others still waiting for their dashboard to update and a tracking number to be posted? It seems a lot of people already have both.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that you get more for your money with BB. And the fact that it only costs $10.00 makes it a better deal when you get a $30.00 product in your box. Which has happened for me at least 4 times in the last 6 months. 
Ya no joke..Past few times we traded. I was like.. "she is getting the boxes I want." lol

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine is showing as shipped on the website but I haven't received an email and my dashboard hasn't changed. I wonder what's up with that???

My dashboard's updated and shipping info received! I'm good with what I'm getting, maybe not obsessing, but everything looks okay. It can be used, gifted or swapped...so not a big deal lol.. Not a huge fan of lippies like that, but I'm ready to be converted. 
wink.gif

Quote:  o Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mine is showing as shipped on the website but I haven't received an email and my dashboard hasn't changed. I wonder what's up with that???

This is my first box and I am pleased with everything. I have not heard of 3 of the brands but this is one reason I joined sample society, to become more familiar with the various products offered without paying full price. I realize everything won't always be for me but how would they be able to do that with thousands of subscribers. I am just happy they are not sending foil packets like bb5....it's important to know why you are getting the boxes and then choose the one that best suits your needs. For me that would be glossy box, love it, glam bag, like it, birch box, love it, Eco emi, cancelled, Beauty box 5' cancelled, test tube , love it. Beauty army, it's ok, beauty fix, love it...I think that's it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you have any to recommend not listed please let me know!

I got my shipping notice .. EDD is Tuesday 6/5... I'm excited for this box. I really like the quality and the size of the samples they send out.

I got my shipping notice early this morning, and based off of previous experience, I should receive it on Thursday. 

Overall I'm pleased with the contents I'm seeing and I look forward to this month's shipment once again. The Jane Iredale lip products are excellent and I can't wait to try the Oscar! I might be the only person here who liked the first sample but I'm pushing 50 so I could be considered mature. Is it just me or is every company out there on an Alterna kick? This is the fourth Alterna sample I will have received in two months!

I dont expect to fall in love wtih every product I get in a box of samples, but I like trying new things.  Some of my most beloved favorites are products that I rec'd in one of my Birchboxes that I would never would have tried otherwise.  I like to try most every sample I get in one of my boxes, but the ones I know are just wrong for me I give away to someone I know will like whatever it is.

I have ultra dry skin and haven't had a breakout years, so the acne cleanser will go to my neice and I have really weird hair (naturally curley except for one big stick straight peice on the right side) so drying naturally isnt an option for me, so the Alterna hair stuff for waves will probably go to my neice as well.  I love, love. love getting skin care items, so I'm excited to try the eye cream, I love lip stick and gloss, so thats a win for me, and I love trying out new fragrances.  I figure even if I dont like the fragrance, at least I tried it and know I dont like it.  If I do like then great, if not I'll just give that away too.

I like Sample Society, but I love Birchbox.  I think I will probably cancel Sample Society again after this month, and just keep my 2 Birchboxes.  Glossy Box looks pretty good though.  

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif For me that would be glossy box, love it, glam bag, like it, birch box, love it, Eco emi, cancelled, Beauty box 5' cancelled, test tube , love it. Beauty army, it's ok, beauty fix, love it...I think that's it.
biggrin.gif
If you have any to recommend not listed please let me know!
So far I love Glossybox,  Birchbox,Julep & Testube. Those 4 I will probably always keep.  I might get rid of one BB since I have 2, but probably not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eco Emi I only tried an extra box and didn't love it and won't subscribe.  I'm getting my first SS this month and it's only ok, so it may not last.  Don't really love Beauty fix, but I'll wait to see what they offer next quarter since you can skip.  Maybe I just signed up late this time and the selections were already picked over.  With the discount it was a good deal but I wouldn't have paid the $49 for the products I received. 

I've gotten 2 Goodeboxes so far and I still like them.  Not as much as BB & GB though. If you are looking for something new to try they would probably be good.

it looks like they're including things i'm more interested now, i wasn't thrilled at ALL with april's box...I can honestly say I didn't use a single item. I traded one and gave one to my mom. I brought the Boscia with me to Italy so that's the only thing i'm using. But now that it seems like I like the products more I may rejoin in septemeber

Got my shipping notice! So excited about the things in this box. Last month was kinda disappointing but this month should make up for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was trying to hold out and not peek at my dashboard or spoilers but I caved! I'm really excited about everything! This is my first box (i got my first birchbox last month) so I'm pretty new to this. Can't wait to see how big the samples are and how well they work! Excited for Thursday!!!

Latest posts

Back