Sample Society June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like it but I can see where it might not be for everyone.  The scent is light and not overpowering when the candle is lit. 

I got kit A and I like and will use every single item. 
That's good, maybe I'll just try burning it then and see if I like the scent better.

I got Kit A and my eye cream had like a tiny drop of it in there. But Beauty Bar's amazing CS gave me a $10 credit! :) And everything else was a good size and I'll be using every single product! Yay! :)

For those who have tried the Stila Lip Glaze how is it?  Is it sticky?  I love lip glosses but for some reason I'm not sure if I want to try it or just put it up for trade.  I think I heard Stila's lip glosses are pretty heavy and sticky. 

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who have tried the Stila Lip Glaze how is it?  Is it sticky?  I love lip glosses but for some reason I'm not sure if I want to try it or just put it up for trade.  I think I heard Stila's lip glosses are pretty heavy and sticky. 
I didn't think it was too sticky and it definatly wasn't any heavier then any other lip gloss I have.

I have a handful of them and like them. I don't think they're bad at all, regarding stickiness and heaviness.

I like them better then most lip glosses, they're more substantial and seem to stay on longer.  

they are definitely sticky and heavy. they feel really heavy to me too. they like trap the heat in my lips and makes them warmer than normal. but most lip glosses do that for me. I'm trying to think of a gloss that's comparable...the lorac glosses are basically the same, but a TINY bit more sticky than the stila.

I have money for one more subscription this month (I have 4 so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I'm seriously looking into this one because the brands are great. Can't wait!

DONT! they are seriously slacking. I feel like its worse than Birchbox for more $$

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DONT! they are seriously slacking. I feel like its worse than Birchbox for more $$
I agree. This was the first box out of the 4 months that I've gotten that have had products like this. I'm talking mostly about sizes, since I'd say comparable brands have been in all 4 months, but usually the sizes are teeny.

I tried the Murad eye cream today and I actually really liked it. Also, I finished the tube of BB cream...was that from last month? It stung a little at times but worked rather well for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have loved to get the first item! That's super cool!! I didn't even know they had a Kit G!

I finally tried the shampoo in my box. I really like it! It has a very unisex smell, which I tend to prefer with hair products. I only use sulfate free shampoo so I was really glad to see this one in my kit. I wonder if I got something special since it was my first month? I agree with OiiO, it was a great size for a "sample" for sure!

My June Sample Society box blew my Birchbox out of the water. I've cancelled my Birchbox account (for now) and am REALLY happy I went back to Sample Society (I dropped them early last year until earlier this year).

These are samples I'll use instead of one-time use packets which Birchbox has been sending out way too much of lately. I miss the deluxe samples and that's what Sample Society gives. Love the Hope in a Jar, love Stila already so I'm excited to try the two Stila products and Murad... well I'll give it a go. Some Murad items are great for me and some a miss.

I agree Z, Sample Society has really impressed me month after month.  Ipsy, Birch and Glossy have some wins, but never the entire box/bag for me. 

My June Sample Society box blew my Birchbox out of the water. I've cancelled my Birchbox account (for now) and am REALLY happy I went back to Sample Society (I dropped them early last year until earlier this year). These are samples I'll use instead of one-time use packets which Birchbox has been sending out way too much of lately. I miss the deluxe samples and that's what Sample Society gives. Love the Hope in a Jar, love Stila already so I'm excited to try the two Stila products and Murad... well I'll give it a go. Some Murad items are great for me and some a miss.
I agree! Sample society has great sizes and they are products I use unlike other subs. I have heard many amazing things about that Murad face wash. I was very excited to get it. Now I'm impatiently trying to use up the one I'm currently using to try it.

I REALLY wanted the Murad face wash, but got the B. Kamins sunscreen instead...while I loved the candle and lip gloss, I think three moisturizing products in one box is a bit much

I finally got around to trying the Murad eye cream. This stuff burns like hell for the first minute or two. Did anyone else experience a burning sensation?

I finally got around to trying the Murad eye cream. This stuff burns like hell for the first minute or two. Did anyone else experience a burning sensation?
Nope, I like it as a night cream. No burning

Back