Sample Society June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

your candle looks ALOT bigger in comparison to the philosophy than other pics
it is a 1oz candle..  it may be the camera angle... 

Got my box today...Kit D. They included two go smile ampoules. I have to read up on this but I think they are each for a one time use. I also got the Stial in Apricot and the candle Desert Tulip. Not sure if there were any variations on the Stila and candle. I'm pretty happy with my contents for this month.

shoot!!  I am so sorry!  I cant seem to figure out the damn spoiler! it just keeps loading on my computer..  I screwed up the last one I did..  I am sorry..  I hope I didn't ruin it for you.......
You didn't ruin anything! I Live. For. Spoilers! Lol, I was just Going for the cleanser.. but I really don't need more face wash, just love me some Murad ones ha!

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting Kit A

here are the contents

Pretty happy about this box. At 1st I thought the Illume was a lip balm in a tin which I would have loved. Didn't realize it was a candle. I could do without the candle but looking forward to trying out the other items. 

I'm glad I got the sunscreen. Perfect for summer and upcoming vacations.
Got the same here. It's better than last month for sure.

I liked getting  a new brand of sunscreen, and the candle is kind of pretty, although some variety in scents would've been appreciated. Nice for the powder room. I don't care for Philosophy but I know people who love it, and the Stila Kitten is another hopeless shade for me (can these samplers ever send me a lippie I can use?) but is again a popular choice for others. Murad is always welcome. So it could've, and has been, worse.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got the same here. It's better than last month for sure.

I liked getting  a new brand of sunscreen, and the candle is kind of pretty, although some variety in scents would've been appreciated. Nice for the powder room. I don't care for Philosophy but I know people who love it, and the Stila Kitten is another hopeless shade for me (can these samplers ever send me a lippie I can use?) but is again a popular choice for others. Murad is always welcome. So it could've, and has been, worse.
If that shade is too light for you, you can always layer it over another lippie.  I purchased that product, but lost it the 2nd day so I'm glad to get it.  I was able to use it a couple times before it went MIA.  The 2nd time I used it, I filled in my lips with a medium pink pencil and then put the gloss on top.  It looked very pretty.  I think the pencil base makes it last longer on my lips too.

This month was not a disappointment.  Just wish I'd gotten the Stila or the sunscreen rather than the diptique.  Trying to decide whether to pony up the cash for Hope in a Jar so having a 2nd sample to try out before committing is nice.  Love the lip gloss and glad to have a cleanser to try out.  I'm using Clinque and I don't love it.

I'm not cancelling..... yet.  But SS is still on probation with me.

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sizes are:

Stila tinted moisturizer is 0.17 fl oz.

Hope in a Jar is 0.4 fl oz.

Stila lip glaze is 0.5  fl oz. I think full size is 0.8 fl oz.

Murad cleanser is 1.0 fl oz. 

Candle is 1.0 oz. with 10 hour burn time.
They're all so perfect for summer travel.  
10 hours burn time is pretty good.  That's quite a bit longer than I had expected.  As you say, they all look for travel.  I cant wait for my box now!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You didn't ruin anything! I Live. For. Spoilers! Lol, I was just Going for the cleanser.. but I really don't need more face wash, just love me some Murad ones ha!
I LOVE it all..  I sued the cleanser, moisturizer and tinted stila all today and my makeup looked more even and my skin didn't seem to feel as oily..  SO HAPPY! now I will burn my candle.......

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today...Kit D. They included two go smile ampoules. I have to read up on this but I think they are each for a one time use. I also got the Stial in Apricot and the candle Desert Tulip. Not sure if there were any variations on the Stila and candle. I'm pretty happy with my contents for this month.
I saw on instagram other colors of the lip glaze....  a pink shade..  also I think kit a (?) said the shade was kitten not apricot?  not sure if kitten is pink?  the screenshot was too small on here to tell...  I like the apricot, I am glad it isn't too peachy..   I don't do well with warm undertones.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw on instagram other colors of the lip glaze....  a pink shade..  also I think kit a (?) said the shade was kitten not apricot?  not sure if kitten is pink?  the screenshot was too small on here to tell...  I like the apricot, I am glad it isn't too peachy..   I don't do well with warm undertones.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Kit A is getting Kitten and to me it looks pretty much like a nudeish color.

Kit A is getting Kitten and to me it looks pretty much like a nudeish color.
I have Kitten, and it is a really light nude color, but its really nice! It's a color anyone could wear.

Got Kit E yesterday. After last month's very off-color concealer from Ipsy and this month's DD creme debacle at Julep (which I'm glad I skipped to stay out of), I was glad that the tinted Stila was the right color. The candle will be nice for traveling, I use the moisturizer anyway, the gloss is a nice neutral color on me and am always happy to try a new cleanser. Such an improvement over last month!

So for the first time in a long time I will use everything in this box. Success. Lack lustre. But success.

I got Kit D and I am very happy with it.  This was my second month with BBSS and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, but I think I will give it a go another month.   

I thought I would post kit G since I haven't seen anyone else share this one. And I haven't seen anyone else with my same first item. Not sure if it's too late for this to be a real spoiler for anyone, but better to be safe!

Kit G:

I would have loved to try the first sample! And it's a good size, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by melawnduh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought I would post kit G since I haven't seen anyone else share this one. And I haven't seen anyone else with my same first item. Not sure if it's too late for this to be a real spoiler for anyone, but better to be safe!

Kit G:

Originally Posted by melawnduh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kit G:

I would have loved to get the first item! That's super cool!! I didn't even know they had a Kit G!

Kit G looks good. I would've liked to try that shampoo too. More variations this month... I burned the Illume candle last night. It lasted quite awhile, but the scent was very weak. I couldn't smell a thing. I'll stick to Diptyque.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone not like the smell of the candle I could not get past the smell of it.
I really like it but I can see where it might not be for everyone.  The scent is light and not overpowering when the candle is lit. 

I got kit A and I like and will use every single item. 

Back