Sample Society June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Dashboard for Kit B....

• dip-145_small2a.jpg
  • Diptyque Eau Moheli-0.6 oz.-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Shop the brand »

I hope they are right about the size of the Diptyque because that would be an awesome sample size!

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only thing I'm a little worried by is that on the order page, it shows "Order Received" with a red slashed circle next to it. Can't remember from last month - does it always look like that until the order ships? Thanks.
Yep. That's how my page looks too. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Annnnd this is officially my last month, my 6 month runs out and I'm done.  More teeny-tiny samples that do not wow me.  Perfume sample; oh joy.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
  Another cleanser is the last thing I need, Hope in a Jar is nothing I consider high-end, Stila is nothing hard to come by...    I do like the candle addition, that will be fun.  Sample Society: we are breaking up.   
moon.gif

So I thought I saw a pending charge for this box on my bank account on Friday (I was out of town and was checking my account by my phone and my bank was having issues with mobile banking), but I don't see the pending charge anymore.

I'm getting Kit E, I'm pretty excited about it.  I usually get my box fast, my UPS guy is the best.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a good box. I like your "variation" product. It's perfect for summer!
is my variation product the 4th one down?

Super cool!  I just got my shipping email this morning and here the update on  the UPS site...

Scheduled Delivery: Wednesday, 06/05/2013, By End of Day Last Location: Bethlehem, PA, United States, Monday, 06/03/2013

So over the Perfumes .....I do NOT wear any and ....other than being happy with all the boxes I've received in the past 6 months.....The little tiny perfumes vials are getting old. Love testing new moisturizers and different brands of BB....sunscreen is always welcome since I'm in California 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Isabellecal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So over the Perfumes .....I do NOT wear any and ....other than being happy with all the boxes I've received in the past 6 months.....The little tiny perfumes vials are getting old. Love testing new moisturizers and different brands of BB....sunscreen is always welcome since I'm in California 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I LOVE perfumes!!!  love love love..  I have so many BB creams...  too many!

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting Kit A

here are the contents

Pretty happy about this box. At 1st I thought the Illume was a lip balm in a tin which I would have loved. Didn't realize it was a candle. I could do without the candle but looking forward to trying out the other items. 

I'm glad I got the sunscreen. Perfect for summer and upcoming vacations.
I'm getting kit A too.  I will use every item in this box, but it doesn't wow me.  It's not that they're not all great products,  I just think I've just become a little jaded with all the samples I get.  Everything in this box, except the candle are products I've tried before.  I like all of them, but doubt I will purchase the full size's.  I'm glad to get the candle this month, as its something different.  I can use the Stila lip gloss and like the Kitten shade, so that's a win for me.  I'm just not excited about it.  Maybe I'll feel different when my box arrives.

I actually canceled last month and again this month, but then I ended up re-subbing at the last minute both months.  I'm afraid I'll miss out on something spectacular.  I didn't get a By Terry product the month Sample Society had them in some of the boxes, and I keep hoping!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. So far it's the only box that has that item.
are all the shades of the last item the same?? I am hooping that one will work for me..  I usually go for the opposite tone..

are all the shades of the last item the same?? I am hooping that one will work for me..  I usually go for the opposite tone..
I couldn't get the 2nd spoiler to work in this thread for Kit E. can you repost that?

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't get the 2nd spoiler to work in this thread for Kit E. can you repost that?
there is only 1 spoiler..   I somehow posted 3..  but there is only one that shows up..  hahahahaa.. I have no idea what I am doing.... 

Kit D contents:

I just got philosophy hope in a jar in my May/June NewBeauty Testtube. Haven't tried it yet, so I hope I like it since now I have two samples. 

I'm sad that I'm not getting the gosmile I would have been for real super excited.

The way I see Sample Society is that while it might not always be the most exciting or even my favorite beauty sub, it's always reliable. They ship the first week of every month, fantastic customer service, decent sample sizes if not full sized items, and prestige brands. Unlike Birchbox's propensity to dispense foil packets and pens or animal print Ziploc bags as "lifestyle extras", Ipsy including sketchy/private label brands (e.g. Two Cosmetics, Be a Bombshell), and Glossybox with their spotty customer service. I might not feel compelled to rip open the boxes when I get it, but at least I'll always end up using everything that's sent to me. Plus I've gotten some great stuff with that $15 off code.

My box arrives today. I want to see if my Diptyque sample is really as big as they say it is.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The way I see Sample Society is that while it might not always be the most exciting or even my favorite beauty sub, it's always reliable. They ship the first week of every month, fantastic customer service, decent sample sizes if not full sized items, and prestige brands. Unlike Birchbox's propensity to dispense foil packets and pens or animal print Ziploc bags as "lifestyle extras", Ipsy including sketchy/private label brands (e.g. Two Cosmetics, Be a Bombshell), and Glossybox with their spotty customer service. I might not feel compelled to rip open the boxes when I get it, but at least I'll always end up using everything that's sent to me. Plus I've gotten some great stuff with that $15 off code.

My box arrives today. I want to see if my Diptyque sample is really as big as they say it is.
I got my box today. Kit B. And the sample size is a typo on the dashboard. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's the size of a typical vial.  Maybe a touch bigger.

Oh well.

Back