Sample Society June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are great products, but 3 moisturizers in one box? And didn't they send out B. Kamins last month? I really think they have got to put more thought into these boxes and really try to put together a good mix of products and brands. I can really see what the people who have been subbed longer than me (june is my 3rd month) are saying about all the repeats now. It seems like they feature one product a month, and then just fill the rest of the box with a bunch of random whatever. At least the "random whatever" is usually pretty decent stuff. I just think the boxes would be so much better if they did what Birchbox and Ipsy do and have a theme for each month, or something along those lines. They send out awesome products, but they aren't great at putting together a cohesive box with them. That said, that's some great stuff, and I'm looking forward to getting my box this month!
Moisturizers actually don't bother me, the more the merrier. I have super dry skin so it's fine by me. I can see someone who doesn't have dry skin being a bit annoyed though.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Moisturizers actually don't bother me, the more the merrier. I have super dry skin so it's fine by me. I can see someone who doesn't have dry skin being a bit annoyed though.
It's not what the product is that bothers me so much as the fact that it's overkill to have 3 of them in one box. I like moisturizers, but I would prefer to get one, not three. I'd rather have a bigger variety of products. 

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not what the product is that bothers me so much as the fact that it's overkill to have 3 of them in one box. I like moisturizers, but I would prefer to get one, not three. I'd rather have a bigger variety of products. 
Cosigned.  If I had a vote on how this (or, really, any) box would be put together, my vote would be one hair product (and not conditioner after conditioner every month), one moisturizer (and mix it up with some night creams and non-SPF stuff!), one color item (bb cream/concealer/foundation DOES NOT COUNT here, nor does mascara.  Those are basic items that lack the fun/interesting factor that keeps a lot of people subscribed to these boxes.  And the category would be rotated through:  lips, nails, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner.  NO BLACK EYELINER!), one body item, and one non-moisturizer skin care/accessory (it would be okay if the accessory was a hair item even though there would already be a hair product in there)/tool/fragrance/candle/bb cream/foundation/concealer/mascara, and those would be rotated through as well.  

As a side note, has anyone seen the Russian boxes on Instagram?  They look amazing.

...fingers crossed for kit B....  
claps.gif
  I guess our dashboards will update tomorrow????

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...fingers crossed for kit B....  
claps.gif
  I guess our dashboards will update tomorrow????
yes but you can see what kit you have now!

Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting Kit E. My dashboard hasn't updated with the contents of it yet. 
Me too! Hoping it's a good box!

Where can you see?  I just looked at my dashboard and I do not have any updates yet.

How can you tell which kit you are getting?
If you go to your order history under the Sample Society box it tells you.

kit e

kit e

kit e

Thanks for the spoiler! I wonder why my dashboard hasn't updated with the Kit E contents. It still slated to ship June 3rd, but I haven't received any shipping notifications. Has anyone received theirs?

Thanks for the spoiler! I wonder why my dashboard hasn't updated with the Kit E contents. It still slated to ship June 3rd, but I haven't received any shipping notifications. Has anyone received theirs?
I think that the dashboards don't update until the box ships, but I could be wrong. I still haven't recieved a shipment notification, but I'm not to worried my boxes are always shipped on tuesdays for some reason and never on monday.

I got mine today with the dashboard update....

kit e
If I do get Kit E as indicated, it will be the third time I got a "meh" box in the first month of a new sub, followed by one that's really good for me. The only thing I'm a little worried by is that on the order page, it shows "Order Received" with a red slashed circle next to it. Can't remember from last month - does it always look like that until the order ships? Thanks.

kit e

kit e

Yay! Im getting this kit too, and my dashboard still hasn't updated my contents for June, so thanks for posting! Looks like an awesome box! Anytime there's Philosophy involved, I'm a happy girl!

I'm getting Kit A

here are the contents

Pretty happy about this box. At 1st I thought the Illume was a lip balm in a tin which I would have loved. Didn't realize it was a candle. I could do without the candle but looking forward to trying out the other items. 

I'm glad I got the sunscreen. Perfect for summer and upcoming vacations.

Back