Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't understand all the hype over Butter London.  With a few exceptions, most of the shades seem pretty ordinary to me, and the polish doesn't seem to wear any better than the drugstore brands. There are a lot of brands that are "3 free" and "4 free" now. There are a few shades I would spring for, but I really like Zoya and Deborah Lippmann better.

I like the Murad Essential C Day Moisturizer.  Beauty Bar has a kit of trial sizes from that line that I used this month's code for and was delivered this morning.  I have been on the lookout for a new skin care line, and this might be it!  I love what vitamin C does for my skin.

I honestly don't understand all the hype over Butter London.  With a few exceptions, most of the shades seem pretty ordinary to me, and the polish doesn't seem to wear any better than the drugstore brands. There are a lot of brands that are "3 free" and "4 free" now. There are a few shades I would spring for, but I really like Zoya and Deborah Lippmann better.
For me, it's all about those few shades. Knackered and All Hail the Queen just don't have any good dupes I've been able to find.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with the Butter London. It chipped so bad for me within like a day. I'd rather just get an OPI or Zoya polish, they're both cheaper and last longer. I did use my $15 code to buy a couple of different shades just to see if maybe their glittery polish lasts longer, so we'll see.

Got C, it s ok, def better than birch box and glam box where there was a lot of rubbish. Yellow color is ok with me only if it was decent quality which is not the case here. Am I the only one who is annoyed by idiotic black tissue paper that covers all the samples in black dust? I wrote to SS last month about that apparently with no success. Hate this packaging.
I completely agree! I think it makes some of the products look like there is dirt on it! I thought it was just me! Lol

I tried the Hollywood Fashion tape last night for the first time and it simply didn't work.  That was disappointing, since it wasn't a great box to begin with and if that product had actually worked it might have redeemed it a bit.  It stuck to my skin like glue, but not to the fabric of the dress I was wearing.

I got my first Glossybox no problem and LOVE it, so I have no regrets (so far) about cancelling.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me, it's all about those few shades. Knackered and All Hail the Queen just don't have any good dupes I've been able to find.
You're right in that there's nothing *quite* like Knackered (those specks of silver glitter, sigh), but Wet 'n Wild's Spoiled line has one called "Paying With Platinum" that's pretty darn close. And only $2. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There's an OPI one originally from their Katy Perry collection, I think, that they've rereleased in different collections, too. 

Orly has one called Nite Owl that's close to AHTQ. I can't remember what they retail for though - around $7-8, I think?

That said I have all of the above, so I'm not one to talk about passing up the BLs for their cheaper dupes - I love them all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the Hollywood Fashion tape last night for the first time and it simply didn't work.  That was disappointing, since it wasn't a great box to begin with and if that product had actually worked it might have redeemed it a bit.  It stuck to my skin like glue, but not to the fabric of the dress I was wearing.

I got my first Glossybox no problem and LOVE it, so I have no regrets (so far) about cancelling.
Yeah, good luck with that. GB is not exactly great over the long haul

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Glossybox. I've been with them for 6 months and they are really great! I haven't had any problems with them either.

Back