Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually did go ahead and cancel and joined Glossybox instead. More expensive but the brands seem better.
yeah I wish you the best of luck with their customer service, may you never have any issues and I hope that if you do they can actually help

Ooh, I had almost forgotten I had resubscribed, and then my box was waiting for me last night! I received Kit E with the volumizing conditioner and Diamond Geezer. *Love* silver polish. I almost bought this one, in fact. Now to figure out what to get with the gift code. I'm leaning towards Fishwife, but I'm also contemplating Primrose something-or-other lip gloss. I *really* want Trustafarian, but they can't figure out whether they have it, so I'll probably ust get that from Ulta/Nordstrom.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, I had almost forgotten I had resubscribed, and then my box was waiting for me last night! I received Kit E with the volumizing conditioner and Diamond Geezer. *Love* silver polish. I almost bought this one, in fact. Now to figure out what to get with the gift code. I'm leaning towards Fishwife, but I'm also contemplating Primrose something-or-other lip gloss. I *really* want Trustafarian, but they can't figure out whether they have it, so I'll probably ust get that from Ulta/Nordstrom.
Get Fishwife for sure!! O.O 

So for my first order, I used the code they sent as consolation for the late shipping. So I think I'll place another one using the march one. What color what color :/ lol. 1st world problems.

So for my first order, I used the code they sent as consolation for the late shipping. So I think I'll place another one using the march one. What color what color :/ lol. 1st world problems.
Did the late box comp code work for you? I tried it this morning and it kept saying invalid. Also, has anyone been able to stack codes on a $100 plus purchase recently?

Just realized I've had my box for a week and haven't even opened it to check things out and do my blog post! Haha, I need to get on that! I just wasn't super excited about yellow polish. Though I have hundreds of nail polishes and not this one, so that's always a relief!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did the late box comp code work for you? I tried it this morning and it kept saying invalid. Also, has anyone been able to stack codes on a $100 plus purchase recently?
I tried it on like march 13th and it worked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I literally placed the order as the UPS guy was leaving my house because I didn't want to order the color I would get. lol.

This was my first box and I loved this month.  Diamond Geezer is gorgeous and it is my first ever Butter London.  I am hoping next month is just as good.

wub.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Get Fishwife for sure!! O.O 
Fishwife is on my wish list.  I've only seen swatches online, but it looks gorgeous!

One of my friends bought a bunch of Butter London polishes during the Ulta sale.  I was able to switch my Cheeky Chops for her Macbeth today.  I liked the Cheeky Chops, but just not for me.  I love Macbeth - a more traditional pinky coral shade.

So my SS box finally came and my box no. was switched out. So instead of the blue, I received the yellow, Cheeky Chops. I don't usually wear yellows, but I do like Butter London and it looks more pastel than vibrant and neon. I suppose I'll be trying out a swatch or two.

What the late box code? I don't think I got it :icon_sad:
It was a randomly generated code that came in an email around the beginning of march when they told us about the late shipping. The code was for $15 off $50. Just normal discount, but I figured that one would expire when people got their boxes so I used it and saved the generic one for later since its valid like 60 days after.(don't quote me on the 60 day thing)

I didn't love the yellow color of my polish but LOVING the Ouidad leave in!!!

I am loving the Ouidad leave in also! It's amazing. And my hair isn't curly (I have a brazilian blowout) but it's great for blowdrying it straight too!

I may have to buy it!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't love the yellow color of my polish but LOVING the Ouidad leave in!!!

I am loving the Ouidad leave in also! It's amazing. And my hair isn't curly (I have a brazilian blowout) but it's great for blowdrying it straight too! I may have to buy it!
I think the generous sized sample should last quite some time. I have this annoyingly wavydowhateveritfeelslikedoingwhenever hair. This leave in made it soft with almost no frizz and it smells nice, kinda like fresh laundry. That makes two awesome products discovered in one week...yay!!!

It's funny, everyone loves my Cheeky Chops polish.  I get SO many compliments on it...from both genders.  

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was a randomly generated code that came in an email around the beginning of march when they told us about the late shipping. The code was for $15 off $50. Just normal discount, but I figured that one would expire when people got their boxes so I used it and saved the generic one for later since its valid like 60 days after.(don't quote me on the 60 day thing)
I think I have deleted all old email. Have people been stacking? If we can stack, I am on it!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I have deleted all old email. Have people been stacking? If we can stack, I am on it!
I tried it. you can't

Back