Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thoroughly disappointed in this month's box.  I got C and it was so boring.  I didn't like a single thing in the box.  The nail polish color is hideous and the lash product apparently has bad reviews and is not considered safe.  If I get another dud like this one, I'm going to have to quit.  It's too expensive to get such meh products.
I got C today, too, and am considering cancelling (which I did once before...I think after that ColorScience puff nonsense). That color was a mistake - why send out something that would flatter so few people? The tape is a throw-away for me and the shampoo and lotion are so small (not to mention that I'm drowning in moisturizer samples because there's practically one in every sub box and I'm subscribed to a ton of them). I will use the lash product because I've been using such things for well over a year with great success and no side effects, but that one thing doesn't make the box worth it. I never do end up using the $15 off codes, either.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got C today, too, and am considering cancelling (which I did once before...I think after that ColorScience puff nonsense). That color was a mistake - why send out something that would flatter so few people? The tape is a throw-away for me and the shampoo and lotion are so small (not to mention that I'm drowning in moisturizer samples because there's practically one in every sub box and I'm subscribed to a ton of them). I will use the lash product because I've been using such things for well over a year with great success and no side effects, but that one thing doesn't make the box worth it. I never do end up using the $15 off codes, either.
which BL shade did you get?

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cheeky Chops - the yellow one. P.S. - I love your blog! I read it regularly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
yeah I guess not everyone can pull yellow off or likes to wear it,  it's not easy with all skin tones. Awww thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it 
roflmao.gif

The $9 butter london sale at ulta is on...it says limit 2 but I had no problem checking out with more than that.

Originally Posted by llychee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The $9 butter london sale at ulta is on...it says limit 2 but I had no problem checking out with more than that.
what if they charge you full price for the rest though? D: 

Got C, it s ok, def better than birch box and glam box where there was a lot of rubbish. Yellow color is ok with me only if it was decent quality which is not the case here. Am I the only one who is annoyed by idiotic black tissue paper that covers all the samples in black dust? I wrote to SS last month about that apparently with no success. Hate this packaging.

I ordered about 7 polishes at Ulta and there was no problem.

If anyone is looking for a great nude polish, they have BL Yummy Mummy (a cult shade) in the lips and tips duo for only $10.

It's still selling for full price ($35) on other sites.

It's a gorgeous mannequin hands shade fyi.

I received my box today, is a box C and I completely agree with you guys, so small samples and talking about the color ,is awful
icon_frown.gif
!

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its a limit of 2 PER COLOR. You can order as many as you want, just not more than two of the same color 
thumbsup2.gif
ohhh makes sense XD

Originally Posted by Zaichik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got C, it s ok, def better than birch box and glam box where there was a lot of rubbish.

Yellow color is ok with me only if it was decent quality which is not the case here.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by idiotic black tissue paper that covers all the samples in black dust? I wrote to SS last month about that apparently with no success. Hate this packaging.
YES! I do too! I always have to clean my stuff up cuz of that damn dust!!

I just tried the Butter London nail polish I received in my box (Diamond Geezer).  It's the first Butter London polish I've tried and LOVE it.  Hopefully, this won't chip as quickly as Julep (I wore Rebel yesterday and had to take it off because it was chipping).  It dried super fast and applied really nicely.  
biggrin.gif

I have always been happy with the boxes I receive from Sample Society, and this month is no different.  I got kit B, and its a great little box of treats!

I have crazy hair that I straighten with my blow dryer, so was unsure about the Ouidad leave in conditioner since its made for curly hair and says it can make hair curlier.  I used it this morning and did my usual straightening with my dryer and big round brush. It does feel more moisturized and not greasy.  I like it! 

I received the polish in Cheeky Chops.  Its a very pretty shade of yellow, but not for me. One of my friends will probably be thrilled with it though.

I'm very glad to get the Murad Vitamin C moisturizer. Vitamin C does amazing things to my skin.  This was a total win for me.

I wasn't too thrilled to learn we were getting the fashion tape in our boxes, but then someone here posted how useful it could be for keeping bra straps in place when wearing sleeveless tops and quick repairs for hems. It will also be useful for blouses that gap in the front. Since it's like double sided tape, I used a piece this morning to hang a note (paper) I wanted to keep in sight on my office wall when I couldn't find any pushpins.  Anyway, I'll use it, and it wont go to waste.

The Lashfood looks identical to the Rapidlash I just purchased.  I haven't compared ingredients, but the color and consistency of the,e product is the same, and the brush is the same.  I also just purchased a Dior lash serum.  My lashes are really long, and probably average as far as density and thickness goes, but I want to see if I can make them more dense.  I saw some great reviews for this product online.

This box was boring to me. I got the blue butter and PTR shampoo, would have preferred the Ouidad since I have curly hair. I guess I was happy for bL and everything else was kinda meh for me.

Did anyone else have bad luck this shipment go-round? My samples leaked everywhere, so empty bottles and ruined tape. Didn't know what to expect from CS as it can be hit or miss. Boo. I was super pumped!

Originally Posted by craigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else have bad luck this shipment go-round? My samples leaked everywhere, so empty bottles and ruined tape. Didn't know what to expect from CS as it can be hit or miss. Boo. I was super pumped!
wow. no. never happened. I would call them. I am sure they will take care of it.

I actually did go ahead and cancel and joined Glossybox instead. More expensive but the brands seem better.

Back