Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone I was wondering if the Sample Society box gets delivered by UPS or does it get transferred to USPS?

Also, if it is only through UPS do you need to sign for your box or is it just left outside your door?
all by ups :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and you don't need to sign

ya it is XD just posted my review on my blog and the value is like $30 lower, also posted a swatch of the Butter LONDON polish ^^ 
I'm on my iPad & can't see your signature. What color did you get? I'm really looking forward to trying Diamond Geezer next week (I'm going to concerts on Friday & Saturday nights and am rocking Essie's In Stitches till Sunday-ish)

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1.7 fl. oz. = 50mL

The sample I received was 10mL. That makes the sample worth $12.
oh, i was going by fl. oz. since its listed on the bottle too. but wouldn't 40 mL make it a 1.50? sorry im not trying to be rude. how did you end up with that? im generally bad at math.

I'm on my iPad & can't see your signature. What color did you get? I'm really looking forward to trying Diamond Geezer next week (I'm going to concerts on Friday & Saturday nights and am rocking Essie's In Stitches till Sunday-ish)
I got The Old Bill ^^

Ugh. Stupid iPad. @MaiteS - the sample I received was 0.33 fl. oz. 1.7/0.33 = 5.15 50/10 = 5 60/5 = 12 @beautymadn3ss - ooh! I liked the way that one looked! I'm looking froward to seeing your swatches!

Ugh. Stupid iPad.

@MaiteS - the sample I received was 0.33 fl. oz.

1.7/0.33 = 5.15

50/10 = 5

60/5 = 12

@beautymadn3ss - ooh! I liked the way that one looked! I'm looking froward to seeing your swatches!

AH, okay. Thank you for that. Im so bad at math LOL. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NP. I can't believe 5 of those would cost $60. I've only used one or two Murad products before though. I'm not very familiar with the brand.
I got a cleanser from a Sephora It Kit and LOVED it! but Murad is needlessly overpriced -.-'

Le sigh.  I'm trying to put a bottle of butter LONDON Trustafarian (my number-one most-coveted bL polish) in my cart, but it won't let me!  When you search for it by name, a swatch of it comes up, but Dodgy Barnett is the shade name listed!  I sent email off to CS to see what's going on, so I'm waiting there, but I was oddly amused by the response I received (and relieved that he ACTUALLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE PROBLEM), so I feel like posting it here (and I'm very glad this guy didn't respond and say something like, "I can't seem to replicate your issue, so it must be your browser.  Try a different one!" because that seems to be the usual VERY UNHELPFUL response) (and I put the part I found most amusing in bold):

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. I'm terribly sorry to read that you're having issues with getting a hold onto this item. I've looked into this and I see exactly what you're talking about. The item shows up in the search, but when clicked it becomes the Dodgy Barnett. Such a tease. No worries, I sent an email to our marketing and merchandising team to give them the heads up about this and also to find out if we even still have this product available. Once I hear back form them, then I will follow up with you via email.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Le sigh.  I'm trying to put a bottle of butter LONDON Trustafarian (my number-one most-coveted bL polish) in my cart, but it won't let me!  When you search for it by name, a swatch of it comes up, but Dodgy Barnett is the shade name listed!  I sent email off to CS to see what's going on, so I'm waiting there, but I was oddly amused by the response I received (and relieved that he ACTUALLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE PROBLEM), so I feel like posting it here (and I'm very glad this guy didn't respond and say something like, "I can't seem to replicate your issue, so it must be your browser.  Try a different one!" because that seems to be the usual VERY UNHELPFUL response) (and I put the part I found most amusing in bold):
I totally LOVE the CS over there. They totally get it. And this guy was actually very funny. "Such a tease"...hysterical but true!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that's so awesome and lmao@Such a tease! 

Omg that's awesome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't have the same luck when I complained about most of the samples for the march box being samples I already got in previous sample society boxes. I was told to change my preferences. I kept emailing and finally I got a good response saying they'd noted that I'd received dupes and gave me a $10 credit. I guess it's the luck of the draw with CS reps, some are great and others dgaf, I got both today!

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg that's awesome
smile.gif
I didn't have the same luck when I complained about most of the samples for the march box being samples I already got in previous sample society boxes. I was told to change my preferences. I kept emailing and finally I got a good response saying they'd noted that I'd received dupes and gave me a $10 credit. I guess it's the luck of the draw with CS reps, some are great and others dgaf, I got both today!
oh my gosh. they told you to change your preferences???? rude.

I'm really glad I resubbed, even though I'm not completely thrilled with the BL color I got (Diamond Geezer), SS really has upped their game! Using my $15off code to get clarisonic heads and another BL. 
biggrin.gif

And re: SS customer service, I actually had a great experience with them when I was previously subscribed. One of my samples leaked, so they sent me a new box AND gave me a $15 credit (which I was actually able to use on vine). It must be hit or miss!

I was thoroughly disappointed in this month's box.  I got C and it was so boring.  I didn't like a single thing in the box.  The nail polish color is hideous and the lash product apparently has bad reviews and is not considered safe.  If I get another dud like this one, I'm going to have to quit.  It's too expensive to get such meh products.

Latest posts

Back