Sample Society: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't give up on BL, I have never found a yellow polish that isn't streaky.

Blah...lashfood ingredients include soy protein?!?  Ugh this might go right in the trash.  I avoid soy products.  This is my first experience with Butter polish, I found mine to be streaky when first applied.  I don't mind the Cheeky Chops yellow (it's an ok shade for spring), but I sort of expected better application from such a well liked brand.  I expect uneven applications with sheer shades but with such a saturated color I was surprised how unevenly it applied.  Glad to try it out though, heard a ton about this polish brand for a while and have been curious about it.

Don't give up on BL, I have never found a yellow polish that isn't streaky.
What she said. I do not understand *at all* why they sent out a yellow. That is quite possibly *the* most notoriously problematic color, and it doesn't matter what brand. If they were trying to hook more customers, they would have done much better with their holos or metallics. And, okay, some boxes are getting metallics, but I think they would have been better off sending them to *everybody*.

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today--Kit C.  

Still not totally sure about the yellow butter london polish.  It acutally looks a lot lighter in person (in the bottle, I haven't tried it yet) than the photo shows.  It's almost a pastel-y yellow.  I wonder if I could make it work by layering it over/under another color.  

I've never used fashion tape before.  I do have big boobs so maybe I'll wonder how I ever lived without it once I try them 
patches.gif

Overall, another solid box from SS!
what size is the lash treatment?? is it full size?  ____  also i am getting kit a, per my tracking info, and its the same as kit c..   hmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what size is the lash treatment?? is it full size?  ____  also i am getting kit a, per my tracking info, and its the same as kit c..   hmmmmmmmmm
Not full size--0.5ml.  Full size is 5ml. 

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It can turn light colored eyes brown and the eyes may or may not go back to their original shade.   I don't know how common a side effect it is.  When medications are being researched, if a patient/study participant experiences an adverse event, it has to be reported and made known.  It could be 1 in 10 that have that side effect or 1 in 5 million. 

EDIT:  I just looked at the Latisse website.  It states that it can turn eyes brown and is likely permenant. Its the skin darkening that is reversible.  It also states that hair can grow anywhere that Latisse touches it.  My hand isnt all that steady.  I would end up with hairy eyelids! 
Wow.  So glad I didn't actually try it.  Sure, you'd get voluminous lashes, but having hairy eyelids isn't a look many people can pull off...  I wonder if they just HAVE to put that in there.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What she said. I do not understand *at all* why they sent out a yellow. That is quite possibly *the* most notoriously problematic color, and it doesn't matter what brand. If they were trying to hook more customers, they would have done much better with their holos or metallics. And, okay, some boxes are getting metallics, but I think they would have been better off sending them to *everybody*.
I don't mind the color...that much, but do feel like it's a shade that is better suited for a darker skin tones.  Maybe I'll rock this color this summer with a little tan and see if I like it better.  I see all these beautiful pics of this yellow on pinterest but I feel like I had to keep applying coats to even out the streaks, creating an eternal dry time.  

Oh well, no biggie. I got a yellow and orange in my PS box this month...a french mani with those shades makes me think of reese's pieces on my finger tips, it would drive me nuts craving them.  

I've been using Latisse for well over a year now (maybe more) and it hasn't changed my green eyes at all.  It is super easy to use and it is true that it will make hair grow.  The ladies at the derm's office put it on their overplucked brows and my mom puts it on the top of my dad's head (he he).

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been using Latisse for well over a year now (maybe more) and it hasn't changed my green eyes at all.  It is super easy to use and it is true that it will make hair grow.  The ladies at the derm's office put it on their overplucked brows and my mom puts it on the top of my dad's head (he he).
On your dad's head, with the little wand?  That could take a while...lol.  That's hilarious!  

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would be hilarious if he didn't know...

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would be hilarious if he didn't know...
Oh, i should secretly do it to my husband in his sleep--hee hee.  He's starting to get a little patch on the back of his head.  

I'm getting kit H but it contains a bunch of samples I've gotten before (some from sample society) and didn't like so I'm pretty disappointed. I got everything I didn't want loll.

I just received my box and I have a strange medley of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Diamond Dogs, Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Diamonds are Forever, Diamonds and Pearls, Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes, Diamonds and Rust, and Diamonds are Forever playing in my head...  (I received Diamond Geezer)

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting kit H but it contains a bunch of samples I've gotten before (some from sample society) and didn't like so I'm pretty disappointed. I got everything I didn't want loll.
Call Customer Service. They will resolve it, most likely by giving you credit.

Really love my box! I got Kit E

Here is a break down of the box contents - Also take note prices I am using are from the beauty bar site with their full size prices.

Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Hair Care: 24.00 Full Size / 3.60 Sample Size
Hollywood Fashion Tape - 9.25 is Full Size
Butter London 3 Free Lacquer in Diamond Geezer - 15.00 is Full Size
Murad Essential C Day Moisture SPF 30 - Full Size 60.00 / 43.80 Sample Size
Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural Eyebrow Conditioner - Full Size 90.00 / 13.85 Sample Size

Total Box Value = 85.50!

Full Sizes for each are: Lashfood is 8 mL / 0.27 oz (round to 3), Murad is 1.7 oz, and Oscar Blandi is 8.4 fl oz.

I just received my box and I have a strange medley of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Diamond Dogs, Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Diamonds are Forever, Diamonds and Pearls, Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes, Diamonds and Rust, and Diamonds are Forever playing in my head...  (I received Diamond Geezer)
lmao

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a break down of the box contents - Also take note prices I am using are from the beauty bar site with their full size prices.

Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Hair Care: 24.00 Full Size / 3.60 Sample Size

Hollywood Fashion Tape - 9.25 is Full Size

Butter London 3 Free Lacquer in Diamond Geezer - 15.00 is Full Size

Murad Essential C Day Moisture SPF 30 - Full Size 60.00 / 43.80 Sample Size

Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural Eyebrow Conditioner - Full Size 90.00 / 13.85 Sample Size

Total Box Value = 85.50!

Full Sizes for each are: Lashfood is 8 mL / 0.27 oz (round to 3), Murad is 1.7 oz, and Oscar Blandi is 8.4 fl oz.

I am getting E too. Mine is out for delivery... now just to be patient *starts pacing* LOL

Here is a break down of the box contents - Also take note prices I am using are from the beauty bar site with their full size prices. Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Hair Care: 24.00 Full Size / 3.60 Sample Size Hollywood Fashion Tape - 9.25 is Full Size Butter London 3 Free Lacquer in Diamond Geezer - 15.00 is Full Size Murad Essential C Day Moisture SPF 30 - Full Size 60.00 / 43.80 Sample Size Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural Eyebrow Conditioner - Full Size 90.00 / 13.85 Sample Size Total Box Value = 85.50! Full Sizes for each are: Lashfood is 8 mL / 0.27 oz (round to 3), Murad is 1.7 oz, and Oscar Blandi is 8.4 fl oz.
1.7 fl. oz. = 50mL The sample I received was 10mL. That makes the sample worth $12.

I really hope your math was wrong for the Murad. The sample seemed kinda small. It couldn't possibly be ~2/3 of the full-sized bottle. O.O
ya it is XD just posted my review on my blog and the value is like $30 lower, also posted a swatch of the Butter LONDON polish ^^ 

Hi everyone I was wondering if the Sample Society box gets delivered by UPS or does it get transferred to USPS?

Also, if it is only through UPS do you need to sign for your box or is it just left outside your door?

Latest posts

Back